Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 11-07-2009, 08:31 PM   #1
Starter
Starter began at the beginning.

Device: prs-600
Love some info on the brown croc patterned cover/pouch bundle for 505

Anyone seen or own this cover and pouch duo? Basically a burgundy brown croc patterned cover that comes bundled with a pouch for carrying the AC Adaptor and USB cable. Can't seem to find much info on it... Assuming it's not real croc, obviously, but is it croc patterned leather or vinyl? Is it pretty well constructed? Does it have the magnets stitched in the corners like the cover that comes bundled with the 505? Any info very appreciated. Thanks very much!
Starter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009, 12:23 PM   #2
shrktank
Connoisseur
shrktank has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Sony 650,Nook Color and iPad
Do you have any pics or a link to where you found this item?
shrktank is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-08-2009, 06:12 PM   #3
Starter

Sure, here's one...

http://cgi.ebay.com/Sony-PRSPCP02-CR...#ht_2734wt_941

The official sony product code is PRSPCP02/CR

Unfortunately, both of the auctions on ebay for this particular cover have slightly differing descriptions, and the non-ebay vendors online are no better... one site describes it as "premium leather" with a croc pattern, another as "durable vinyl"... I'm not even 100% sure that it's two pieces in the package... some sites describe it as a cover and a pouch, as if they are a pair, and some sites describe it as a cover with pouch, as if the front of the cover has a pouch attached... although the packaging reads "cover and pouch", so I think it's two pieces...

Last edited by Starter; 11-08-2009 at 06:18 PM.
Old 11-08-2009, 07:55 PM   #4
MarciaCat
Cat Lady & Trekkie
MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra, Kobo Aura & Aura H20
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starter View Post
Sure, here's one...

http://cgi.ebay.com/Sony-PRSPCP02-CR...#ht_2734wt_941

The official sony product code is PRSPCP02/CR

Unfortunately, both of the auctions on ebay for this particular cover have slightly differing descriptions, and the non-ebay vendors online are no better... one site describes it as "premium leather" with a croc pattern, another as "durable vinyl"... I'm not even 100% sure that it's two pieces in the package... some sites describe it as a cover and a pouch, as if they are a pair, and some sites describe it as a cover with pouch, as if the front of the cover has a pouch attached... although the packaging reads "cover and pouch", so I think it's two pieces...
That's the cover and pouch set that Target had. I have it; it is NOT leather and it's NOT brown--more of a purplish maroon. It also does not have the magnets. I still use the pouch for cables but I went back to my red D&B cover.

Of the three covers I have purchased it is my least favorite; my Dad uses the black leather one I picked up at Staples for $8 six weeks ago.

Last edited by MarciaCat; 11-08-2009 at 07:58 PM.
MarciaCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 04:43 AM   #5
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarciaCat View Post
That's the cover and pouch set that Target had. I have it; it is NOT leather and it's NOT brown--more of a purplish maroon. It also does not have the magnets. I still use the pouch for cables but I went back to my red D&B cover.

Of the three covers I have purchased it is my least favorite; my Dad uses the black leather one I picked up at Staples for $8 six weeks ago.
AGGGHHHHHHH.

Thanks for the info, though. Guess I'll try and track down a new old stock D&B, or a Sony branded "premium leather"...
Advert