Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 12-08-2013, 08:37 AM   #76
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by nypaulie View Post
From initial posting on Page1 - the 2nd link in the below "REQUIRES:" line:

REQUIRES: FOR DX, 3, 4 get KindlePDFviewer
FOR 5 and PaperWhite get KindlePDFviewer ALPHA TOUCH BUILD

Gives this error:

Invalid Attachment specified. If you followed a valid link, please notify the administrator
So press the report button on that post and report it.
twobob **IS** an administrator.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2014, 12:55 PM   #77
cybtrash
cybtrash never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.cybtrash never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.cybtrash never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.cybtrash never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.cybtrash never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.cybtrash never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.cybtrash never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.cybtrash never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.cybtrash never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.cybtrash never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.cybtrash never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.

Device: Kindle Touch and PW2
Hi, I can't download Vague - Voice Activated GUi Extension (TOUCH DEMO)

It asks for a password (leech protection?)

What is the password?

And is Vague what I think? E.g. I say "next page" and it turns the page? That would be so great =)
cybtrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-13-2014, 09:22 PM   #78
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Tır
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
Thanks for the reminder. Fixing link now.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...dded-flite.zip

If you want Vague to turn the page for you then xdotool will be required.
(I included it in the Kindle Touch management bundle)

The code in echo.sh currently reads

Code:
		# NOT IMPLEMENTED YET...
		#"NEXT PAGE"|"PAGE FORWARD"|"FORWARD"|"PAGE RIGHT")\
		#		(  "$SETPROP" -s com.lab126.appmgrd start 'app://com.lab126.booklet.home' ) ;;
You should change that to something else like:

Code:
		# NOW IMPLEMENTED 
		"NEXT PAGE"|"PAGE FORWARD"|"FORWARD"|"PAGE RIGHT")\
				(  /mnt/us/xdotool mousemove 500 500 click 1  ) ;;
that would do it I think.

(That presumes you just dumped the xdotool onto the USB MOUNTED root of the storage drive, or dump the xdotool in the vauge "bin" folder and call it like "xdotool" either way.)

REF: http://www.semicomplete.com/projects.../xdotool.xhtml
and: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=194270

enjoy.

Also, if you get false positives you don't want, you can elide them from the echo.sh, just a word to the wise.

Last edited by twobob; 01-21-2014 at 07:52 PM. Reason: changed to 500 500
twobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 12:27 PM   #79
cybtrash
cybtrash never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.cybtrash never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.cybtrash never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.cybtrash never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.cybtrash never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.cybtrash never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.cybtrash never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.cybtrash never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.cybtrash never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.cybtrash never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.cybtrash never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.

Hi there,

I tried you suggestion. I copied xdotool from the wm-ts-management-bundle-K5.tar.gz you linked into root of the mounted Kindle drive. But it doesn't work. VAGUE recognizes "NEXT PAGE" but nothing happens.

So I tried this:

echo "starting" >> /mnt/us/LOGTEST; /mnt/us/xdotool -v >> /mnt/us/LOGTEST

Restarted VAGUE and after that LOGTEST only contained the word "starting". I would expect the version information, so does that mean xdotool is not found? Or is it not compatible with Kindle Touch? Do you have a suggestion what I could try to pinpoint the source of the problem?

Last edited by cybtrash; 01-15-2014 at 12:31 PM.
Old 01-20-2014, 07:04 AM   #80
twobob
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cybtrash View Post
Hi there,

I tried you suggestion. I copied xdotool from the wm-ts-management-bundle-K5.tar.gz you linked into root of the mounted Kindle drive. But it doesn't work. VAGUE recognizes "NEXT PAGE" but nothing happens.

So I tried this:

echo "starting" >> /mnt/us/LOGTEST; /mnt/us/xdotool -v >> /mnt/us/LOGTEST

Restarted VAGUE and after that LOGTEST only contained the word "starting". I would expect the version information, so does that mean xdotool is not found? Or is it not compatible with Kindle Touch? Do you have a suggestion what I could try to pinpoint the source of the problem?

readelf -d /usr/bin/xdotool

Code:
Dynamic section at offset 0xee10 contains 24 entries:
  Tag        Type                         Name/Value
 0x0000000000000001 (NEEDED)             Shared library: [libxdo.so.2]
Did you copy the required library across?

Did you try just invoking xdotool directly?
Advert
Old 01-21-2014, 02:56 PM   #81
cybtrash

Hi! I had to copy libxdo.so.2 to /lib and change the command to "... mousemove 500 500 ..."
Now it works. Very funny and very impressive!

Thank you for your help!
Old 01-21-2014, 07:51 PM   #82
twobob

Thanks Ill fix up the previous post with that,
Glad you got it rolling.

Also dropping that lib in any of the paths currently picked up by the app would also have worked to avoid adjusting the root partition. as an aside for a reusable implementation.
Old 02-26-2014, 01:11 PM   #83
ft.parham
ft.parham began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle touch
Hi masters
I don't know whether this one is related to the topic or not. I'm sorry if this one is not right here but I need Ur helps.
I really need both doukan and koreader in my reader. Finally yesterday I uninstalled my lovely Doukan and did jailbreak my PW then install KUAL-if I'm not mistaken- after that I did my best to install that Doukan extension and did every steps right but NOTHING happened.
The Koreader is nice but it doesn't have dictionary besides I do need doukan.
What should I do?
Guys,PLEASE HELP ME!

Last edited by ft.parham; 02-26-2014 at 01:13 PM.
ft.parham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014, 06:00 AM   #84
Divion
Enthusiast
Divion began at the beginning.

Device: paperwhite 2
Is there any movie player for pw2's final FW?
Divion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014, 07:07 AM   #85
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Divion View Post
Is there any movie player for pw2's final FW?
Where did you hear that there would not be any more firmware releases for the PW2 ?
That the updated firmware released this week was the last one there would be.

Last edited by knc1; 07-23-2014 at 07:09 AM.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014, 09:29 AM   #86
Ebri
Groupie
Ebri began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2, Kobo Aura HD
koreader support if i remember correctly stardict dictionaries.
Ebri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2014, 08:59 AM   #87
Glorfindel
Force-Aware Elf
Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4 w/SO
could you sticky this twobob?
Glorfindel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2014, 09:27 AM   #88
PieMan597
Still a pie
PieMan597 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PieMan597 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PieMan597 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PieMan597 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PieMan597 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PieMan597 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PieMan597 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PieMan597 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PieMan597 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PieMan597 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PieMan597 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch, OnePlus 7 Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glorfindel View Post
could you sticky this twobob?
Twobob hasn't been active in over a month. You could just navagate from the KUAL thread to this thread.
PieMan597 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2014, 09:36 AM   #89
Glorfindel
Force-Aware Elf
Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4 w/SO
Thats what I have been doing.
Glorfindel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2014, 08:25 AM   #90
geoslake
geoslake began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 4 NT & Kobo Aura
Hi, and thanks for the Kual stuff.
Im new to this, was using Duokan...
Ive properly followed the instructions on page 1, everything went fine, the only problem is that the keyboard key does nothing, so I cannot edit values etc.
Do I have to install a keyboard extension or something ?

Im using a Kindle 4nt, with 4.1.1 software and Kual 2.4

Thanks
geoslake is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
extension, kual, launcher add-ons