Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Recipes

Notices

Old 04-19-2011, 12:28 AM   #1
The Terminator
Retired
The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Optimus One (2.3), Nexus 7 (4.2)
How do I add these recipes?

Like the title said how do I add recipes to Calibre? I'm fairly new to the recipe thing.

P.S I'm running Calibre 0.8 beta.
The Terminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 10:04 AM   #2
Starson17
Wizard
Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: WinMo: IPAQ; Android: HTC HD2, Archos 7o; Java:Gravity T
Quote:
Originally Posted by THE TERMINATOR View Post
Like the title said how do I add recipes to Calibre? I'm fairly new to the recipe thing.

P.S I'm running Calibre 0.8 beta.
Go to the "Add a custom news source" dialog screen, which is reached from the black triangle to the right of the "Fetch News" button on Calibre's main toolbar. From there you can add a recipe.
Starson17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-07-2011, 02:13 PM   #3
blurpo
blurpo began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2 and 3
The title of this post covers my problem, but it's a different one: I'm downloading news using the command line on my server, then add it to the library, also from the command line.
To download news I use the ebook-convert command, but does this only work for built-in recipes?

How do I use custom recipes from the command line?

Thanks!
blurpo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 01:50 PM   #4
Starson17
Wizard
Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: WinMo: IPAQ; Android: HTC HD2, Archos 7o; Java:Gravity T
Quote:
Originally Posted by blurpo View Post
How do I use custom recipes from the command line?
If your custom recipe is a separate file, then specify the filename. That's how most recipes are created and debugged, by running them from the command line (usually with the --test option). I'm not sure if it's possible to run a custom recipe from the command line that has been added to calibre via the calibre GUI. I'd simply save it to a file first, then run it.
Starson17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011, 03:11 PM   #5
blurpo
blurpo began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2 and 3
What I do is I use the GUI to create the custom recipe on my laptop. After saving it, I find the file in /home/username/.config/calibre/custom_recipes.

I hadn't realized the ebook-convert command also accepts filenames. Thanks!

(So the solution is: ebook-convert [recipe filename] myfile.[format, e.g epub or mobi] )
blurpo is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert