Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 01-23-2011, 07:34 AM   #1
atjnjk
Zealot
atjnjk will become famous soon enoughatjnjk will become famous soon enoughatjnjk will become famous soon enoughatjnjk will become famous soon enoughatjnjk will become famous soon enoughatjnjk will become famous soon enough

Device: none
Fetch Annotations

Since calibre is able to fetch annotations from .mbp files in Kindle devices, it would be nice if calibre can fetch those from folder devices (for ones who use Mobipocket Reader). Then it would be easy to have books' reading status. Is this possible?
atjnjk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 08:08 AM   #2
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Possible: yes. Implemented: no. On someone's todo list? I doubt it. It isn't on mine, as I have zero need for it. Perhaps a developer who uses Mobipocket Reader might want to take this on.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-23-2011, 09:59 PM   #3
atjnjk
Zealot
atjnjk will become famous soon enoughatjnjk will become famous soon enoughatjnjk will become famous soon enoughatjnjk will become famous soon enoughatjnjk will become famous soon enoughatjnjk will become famous soon enough

Device: none
I tried adding "import", "SUPPORTS_ANNOTATIONS = True", "def get_annotations" and "class Bookmark" parts from Kindle's device.py to folder's device.py (I'm not a programmer). It seems to be working but I don't know if there will be any errors. If it's okay, could you add it to the main source? BTW, the read status column is so great.

Last edited by atjnjk; 01-23-2011 at 10:08 PM.
atjnjk is offline   Reply With Quote