Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Writers' Corner

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 11-17-2010, 12:21 AM   #1
GoblinWriter
vizsla wrangler
GoblinWriter format shifts faster than booting WindowsGoblinWriter format shifts faster than booting WindowsGoblinWriter format shifts faster than booting WindowsGoblinWriter format shifts faster than booting WindowsGoblinWriter format shifts faster than booting WindowsGoblinWriter format shifts faster than booting WindowsGoblinWriter format shifts faster than booting WindowsGoblinWriter format shifts faster than booting WindowsGoblinWriter format shifts faster than booting WindowsGoblinWriter format shifts faster than booting WindowsGoblinWriter format shifts faster than booting Windows

Device: Kindle 3G
Add a Link to Your Free SF/F Ebooks

If you have a free ebook at Smashwords, your website, or elsewhere, feel free to add it to the bottom of Free SF/F Ebooks.
Old 11-17-2010, 08:09 AM   #2
kcmay
Addict
kcmay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kcmay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kcmay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kcmay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kcmay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kcmay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kcmay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kcmay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kcmay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kcmay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kcmay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2
My fantasy novella, Sole Sacrifice, is free at Smashwords. If you've read The Kinshield Legacy, you'll recognize the characters in this story.
Advert
Old 11-19-2010, 01:08 AM   #3
GoblinWriter
vizsla wrangler
GoblinWriter format shifts faster than booting WindowsGoblinWriter format shifts faster than booting WindowsGoblinWriter format shifts faster than booting WindowsGoblinWriter format shifts faster than booting WindowsGoblinWriter format shifts faster than booting WindowsGoblinWriter format shifts faster than booting WindowsGoblinWriter format shifts faster than booting WindowsGoblinWriter format shifts faster than booting WindowsGoblinWriter format shifts faster than booting WindowsGoblinWriter format shifts faster than booting WindowsGoblinWriter format shifts faster than booting Windows

I added it KC May.

BTW, how are you finding Smashwords for the free ebook? Do free ones get distributed at all?

I've got a collection of short stories I want to give away for free in hopes of interesting folks to purchase a novel with the same characters. Unfortunately, Amazon doesn't seem to let indie n00bs list free ebooks, heh. I'm definitely going to list it on SW, though I'm not sure what to expect.
Old 11-19-2010, 05:53 PM   #4
Steven Lake
Sci-Fi Author
Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PC (Calibre)
My novel, "The Oort Perimeter" is free in ebook format on several sites. The links are the book information page at my site for the novel:

http://www.realmsofimagination.net/the_oort_perimeter
Old 11-19-2010, 06:46 PM   #5
kcmay
Addict
kcmay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kcmay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kcmay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kcmay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kcmay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kcmay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kcmay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kcmay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kcmay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kcmay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kcmay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoblinWriter View Post
I added it KC May.

BTW, how are you finding Smashwords for the free ebook? Do free ones get distributed at all?

I've got a collection of short stories I want to give away for free in hopes of interesting folks to purchase a novel with the same characters. Unfortunately, Amazon doesn't seem to let indie n00bs list free ebooks, heh. I'm definitely going to list it on SW, though I'm not sure what to expect.
Thanks!

It gets distributed to Kobo and Diesel and B&N if you don't use PubIt! to make it available there.
Advert
Old 11-23-2010, 03:12 AM   #6
Luke King
Member Retired
Luke King ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luke King ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luke King ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luke King ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luke King ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luke King ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luke King ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luke King ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luke King ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luke King ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luke King ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2
I've had more than 2000 downloads of my free ebook The Stinging Tree at Smashwords. It's taken four months to get to that number though.
Old 11-23-2010, 04:05 AM   #7
GoblinWriter
vizsla wrangler

I added you, Steven and Luke.

Thanks, KC May. Good to know!
Old 11-25-2010, 04:25 PM   #8
M T McGuire
Addict
M T McGuire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.M T McGuire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.M T McGuire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.M T McGuire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.M T McGuire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.M T McGuire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.M T McGuire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.M T McGuire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.M T McGuire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.M T McGuire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.M T McGuire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke King View Post
I've had more than 2000 downloads of my free ebook The Stinging Tree at Smashwords. It's taken four months to get to that number though.
Wow! Nice job, mine are in 600s or so, but have been on there for ages, I did much better on Feedbooks, two of them got 1500 or so there but it all petered out after the first couple of months. I noticed uploading on a Saturday afternoon (gmt) was good but the last one just sunk without trace, as has my book, which people do like when I persuade them to read it.

Here are the free stories:

The most downloaded: http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/14715
The best: http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/11014
The most popular (review-wise): http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/7037]
The worst: http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/20309

Cheers

MTM

Ooo, PS, Goblinwriter, I find everything distributes fine when it's free but I Barnes and Noble far outstrips anything else for downloads. Pity I can't join and try to big them up but I'm ex US.

Last edited by M T McGuire; 11-25-2010 at 04:27 PM.
Closed Thread