Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 09-30-2010, 09:27 AM   #1
craigg
craigg began at the beginning.

Device: none
PDF optimiser?

I've just got my kindle.
Mangle works an absolute charm for comics. The writing is on the small side put perfectly readable even without zooming.
PDFs too seem decent, small writing but readable enough if the screen is close to you.
However, many of the PDFs I have have large white borders. Is there any program which automatically and quickly trims such borders to make the content appear bigger?
craigg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2010, 10:42 AM   #2
wesleyer
Connoisseur
wesleyer will become famous soon enoughwesleyer will become famous soon enoughwesleyer will become famous soon enoughwesleyer will become famous soon enoughwesleyer will become famous soon enoughwesleyer will become famous soon enough

Device: none
The Kindle software does try to remove the borders, but it seems that this doesn't always work.

There are plenty of softwares which can do that. For example: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=83053
You might want to look at the PDF subforum here.
wesleyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert