Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex

Notices

Old 07-24-2007, 11:54 AM   #1
Adam B.
Addicted to Porting
Adam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the rough

Device: iRex iLiad, Nokia 770, Samsung i760
iRex Summer Story Contest

iRex is holding a Summer Story contest, with the winners receving a Travel Pack. The original post is here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karel
[size=18]Summer Stories
[/size]
Summer's here, and for many among us this means an ideal time for catching up on some reading during our holidays.
This summer we would like to hear from you about your reading experience with the iLiad. Send us your summer story or review about your reading experience with the iLiad and win a free travel pack!

All the stories we receive will be published on our website and the best summer story will be rewarded with a free iLiad travel pack.
The free travel pack includes:

* An iLiad Deluxe Cover
* The New redesign Travel Hub
* An iLiad Car Charger

So make sure to send us your story, travel dairy or review about your experience with the iLiad this summer and you might win a free travel pack.

How to participate?

Write a story or review about your experience with the iLiad this summer, include a few pictures and send this in a digital format (doc, rtf, odt) to info@iRexTechnologies.com with "Summer Stories" in the subject before the 31th of August.

All these stories will be collected and posted on our website and the best story will be rewarded with a free travel pack.

For more information please see the Rules and Regs.
Adam B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2007, 10:05 AM   #2
yokos
Pac-Man caught my iLiad.
yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.

Device: Boox Max Lumi, iRex iLiad (RIP)
I would like to win an iLiad instead of Travel Pack. I I won, I would have more reading time, because my girlfriend would get her own one.

I have some ideas for "Summer Story", but I won't tell them here.

Last edited by yokos; 07-25-2007 at 10:12 AM.
yokos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2007, 11:04 AM   #3
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by yokos View Post
I would like to win an iLiad instead of Travel Pack. I I won, I would have more reading time, because my girlfriend would get her own one.

I have some ideas for "Summer Story", but I won't tell them here.
But in order to write the story, you have to have an iLiad so why would they need to give one away as a prize?
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2007, 08:38 PM   #4
TadW
Uebermensch
TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Someone care to define "best" summer story?
TadW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2007, 08:56 PM   #5
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count here.
Well...

best /bɛst/
–adjective, superl. of good with better as compar.
1. of the highest quality, excellence, or standing: the best work; the best students.
2. most advantageous, suitable, or desirable: the best way.
3. largest; most: the best part of a day.
–adverb, superl. of well with better as compar.
4. most excellently or suitably; with most advantage or success: an opera role that best suits her voice.
5. in or to the highest degree; most fully (usually used in combination): best-suited; best-known; best-loved.
–noun
6. something or someone that is best: They always demand and get the best. The best of us can make mistakes.
7. a person's finest clothing: It's important that you wear your best.
8. a person's most agreeable or desirable emotional state (often prec. by at).
9. a person's highest degree of competence, inspiration, etc. (often prec. by at).
10. the highest quality to be found in a given activity or category of things (often prec. by at): cabinetmaking at its best.
11. the best effort that a person, group, or thing can make: Their best fell far short of excellence.
12. a person's best wishes or kindest regards: Please give my best to your father.
–verb (used with object)
13. to get the better of; defeat; beat: He easily bested his opponent in hand-to-hand combat. She bested me in the argument.
—Idioms
14. all for the best, for the good as the final result; to an ultimate advantage: At the time it was hard to realize how it could be all for the best. Also, for the best.
15. as best one can, in the best way possible under the circumstances: We tried to smooth over the disagreement as best we could.
16. at best, under the most favorable circumstances: You may expect to be treated civilly, at best.
17. get or have the best of,
a. to gain the advantage over.
b. to defeat; subdue: His arthritis gets the best of him from time to time.
18. had best, would be wisest or most reasonable to; ought to: You had best phone your mother to tell her where you are going.
19. make the best of, to cope with in the best way possible: to make the best of a bad situation.
20. with the best, on a par with the most capable: He can play bridge with the best.
[Origin: bef. 900; ME beste, OE betst, best; c. D best, OHG bezzist (G best), ON bezt, Goth batists. See better1, -est]

"best." Dictionary.com Unabridged (v 1.1). Random House, Inc. 27 Jul. 2007. <Dictionary.com http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/best>.

Alexander Turcic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2007, 10:38 AM   #6
DeGodefroi
Zealot
DeGodefroi began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle DX Graphite (had Illiad)
Is that free? if yes..anyone care to make it a mobipocket version dictonary? :-)
DeGodefroi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2007, 09:30 AM   #7
R2D2
Mad Scientist
R2D2 doesn't litterR2D2 doesn't litterR2D2 doesn't litter

Device: Zaurus, HTCMagician, iLiad
My summer story so far:

Took a flight to Madeira.
Sat down on the Balcony in Ponta do Sol.
Switched on the iLiad.
iLiad died while booting.

Hmmm..what do you think? Should I submit this story?
Maybe they should give a price for not posting it? ;-)

Last edited by R2D2; 08-30-2007 at 08:20 AM. Reason: spelling
R2D2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2007, 03:50 PM   #8
ricdiogo
Gutenberger
ricdiogo will become famous soon enoughricdiogo will become famous soon enoughricdiogo will become famous soon enoughricdiogo will become famous soon enoughricdiogo will become famous soon enoughricdiogo will become famous soon enoughricdiogo will become famous soon enough

Device: Cybook Gen 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by R2D2 View Post
My summer story so far:

Took a fligth to Madeira.
Sat down on the Balcony in Ponta do Sol.
Switched on the iLiad.
iLiad died while booting.

I'm sure it's just a geographic issue. Next time, try Azores instead.
ricdiogo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2007, 05:06 PM   #9
R2D2
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricdiogo View Post

Been there, but without iLiad. It would probably have rusted.

Anways, shame on me: The problem was the power brick and my bad eyes which did not see that it was not really working.

Long live Irex!
And Portugal.

;-)
Old 08-29-2007, 06:12 AM   #10
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count here.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ricdiogo View Post

LOL!!
Alexander Turcic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2007, 06:31 AM   #11
tribble
iLiad Maniac
tribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it is

Device: Bookeen Opus (i love that thing) and iPad (what an irony)
So you are back to reading epaper novels?
Glad to hear that its not really the iLiad, thats broken. I know how you can get addicted to that thing.
tribble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2007, 08:15 AM   #12
R2D2
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by tribble View Post
So you are back to reading epaper novels?
Glad to hear that its not really the iLiad, thats broken. I know how you can get addicted to that thing.
Yes, it works fine again. I was too dumb to notice that the plugs of the power converter had shifted position a bit. So you where right in your first guess.

Btw.:

I highly recommend Bill Bryson's "A short history of nearly everything". Esspecially if you are having a scientific background.

Last edited by R2D2; 08-30-2007 at 08:21 AM.
Old 09-03-2007, 10:06 AM   #13
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by R2D2 View Post
Btw.:

I highly recommend Bill Bryson's "A short history of nearly everything". Esspecially if you are having a scientific background.
I second the recommendation. Superb book, and very, very funny. His description of the development of geology and the dreadful things that happened to some of the early pioneers in the field is especially good .
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote