Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Writers' Corner

Notices

Old 06-08-2014, 02:29 PM   #1
Ninjalawyer
Guru
Ninjalawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ninjalawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ninjalawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ninjalawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ninjalawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ninjalawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ninjalawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ninjalawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ninjalawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ninjalawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ninjalawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Nexus 7 (2013)
Anyone Using The Magic Spreadsheet?

I started using this at the end of last month, and I'm really enjoying it. So far, it seems to be helping me get into the habit of writing regularly (which is what I wanted it for.

For anyone who doesn't know what the magic spreadsheet is and had the misfortune of clicking on this thread, I'll explain. It's essentially just a Google Doc spreadsheet (duh) where you input the number of words you write in a day. For every day you write 250 or more words you get a point. You also get combo points for each successive day you write. Once you hit a certain word count, you "level up", and have to hit a higher quota.

Ninjalawyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2014, 02:57 PM   #2
Graham
Wizard
Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H20, Pixel 2, Samsung Chromebook Plus
Extraordinary, if only for the number of people sharing and editing the sheet!

Here's the link to the Google+ page:

https://plus.google.com/communities/...84544547135997

The sheet itself is at:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...=sharing#gid=0

Take care!

Graham
Graham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2014, 08:12 PM   #3
saoir
Groupie
saoir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.saoir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.saoir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.saoir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.saoir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.saoir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.saoir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.saoir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.saoir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.saoir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.saoir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
I started writing in Scrivener at the start of 2014. It is fantastic for this kind of thing. Among the myriad of helpful functions it has a daily/session target that can be set, and it's easy to use as a great motivator.
saoir is offline   Reply With Quote