Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 04-11-2012, 04:15 AM   #76
capidamonte
Not who you think I am...
capidamonte can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.capidamonte can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.capidamonte can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.capidamonte can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.capidamonte can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.capidamonte can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.capidamonte can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.capidamonte can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.capidamonte can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.capidamonte can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.capidamonte can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: PocketBook 360 -- Ivory
I'm a little busy making circles that we can use to move heavy things from place to place. They're going to be very popular.
capidamonte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 05:52 AM   #77
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by capidamonte View Post
I'm a little busy making circles that we can use to move heavy things from place to place. They're going to be very popular.
Squares mean your things won't get away from you when you try to go down a steep hill.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 03:12 PM   #78
ondrejandrej
ondrejandrej began at the beginning.

Device: Android-based tablet
Sigil refuses to start after installation

Hi,

I just installed Sigil 0.5.3 on my Kubuntu 12.04, 64-bit and it refuses to start. If I start it form the icon, nothing happens, if I enter /opt/sigil/sigil.sh from terminal emulator, I get
Code:
/opt/sigil/sigil: symbol lookup error: /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/qt4/plugins/bearer/libqconnmanbearer.so: undefined symbol: _ZN6QMutex12lockInternalEv
I don't think there's something wrong with my OS because I did a fresh install of the current Ubuntu version yesterday.
ondrejandrej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 03:41 PM   #79
Serpentine
Evangelist
Serpentine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serpentine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serpentine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serpentine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serpentine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serpentine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serpentine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serpentine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serpentine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serpentine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serpentine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by ondrejandrej View Post
I don't think there's something wrong with my OS because I did a fresh install of the current Ubuntu version yesterday.
The problem is on your distro package side, not Sigil from the looks of it. The joys of binary centric distros :V
Serpentine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 06:53 PM   #80
user_none
Sigil & calibre developer
user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STR
Quote:
Originally Posted by ondrejandrej View Post
Hi,

I just installed Sigil 0.5.3 on my Kubuntu 12.04, 64-bit and it refuses to start.
Of course it doesn't work with 12.04. It was not built for 12.04 because it was built months before 12.04 was released. Unlike Windows Linux does not have any type of binary compatibility between packages created on different Distros. It doesn't even have compatibility between binaries created on different releases of the same distro. The package was created on and targeting Ubuntu 11.10.

The Linux package for 0.5.3 will not be updated as it is only provided as a convince for A) distros that have not provided their own packages and B) people who cannot compile from source. Compiling from source or a distro provided package should be preferred to the generic binary. Also, the generic Linux binary is not supported in any way shape or form.
user_none is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 04:27 AM   #81
veselinbg
veselinbg began at the beginning.

Device: none
Hi everyone!
I would like to ask you, why Sigil 0.5.3 in Book view doesn't show me the actual paragraph formatting?
Here is how it looks in Sigil:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1037228/screen-1.jpg

and the same in ADE:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1037228/ADE%20screen.jpg

What is wrong with the Sigil preview mode?

P.S. I noticed that this issue is related somehow with the font used in CSS (Times New Roman). If I change the font then Sigil display that text correctly.

Last edited by veselinbg; 05-09-2012 at 06:03 AM.
veselinbg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 06:24 AM   #82
Perkin
Guru
Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.

Device: Sony PRS-300, Kobo Aura HD, iPad (Marvin)
There's a bug in QT (no fault of Sigil) that has problems with bold/italics when used with embedded fonts.
If you're using an embedded font with it's variations bold/italic then the previewer built in to sigil (and calibre) can't show them properly, that may be why they show correctly when you assign a system font.
Perkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 07:24 AM   #83
veselinbg
veselinbg began at the beginning.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by Perkin View Post
There's a bug in QT (no fault of Sigil) that has problems with bold/italics when used with embedded fonts.
If you're using an embedded font with it's variations bold/italic then the previewer built in to sigil (and calibre) can't show them properly, that may be why they show correctly when you assign a system font.
Thank you Perkin!
I used embedded fonts in the ePub and by removing all entries from style sheet and content.opf/manifest, Sigil render text properly (Times New Roman is one of my system fonts).
But now ADE shows me "?" instead of characters.

P.S. I found the answer - ADE doesn't support Cyrillic letters. So the only solution at the moment is to keep embedded fonts in the ePub file.

Last edited by veselinbg; 05-09-2012 at 09:16 AM.
veselinbg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 02:24 PM   #84
EowynCarter
Wizard
EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybooks; Sony PRS-T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by user_none View Post
Of course it doesn't work with 12.04. It was not built for 12.04 because it was built months before 12.04 was released. Unlike Windows Linux does not have any type of binary compatibility between packages created on different Distros. It doesn't even have compatibility between binaries created on different releases of the same distro. The package was created on and targeting Ubuntu 11.10.

The Linux package for 0.5.3 will not be updated as it is only provided as a convince for A) distros that have not provided their own packages and B) people who cannot compile from source. Compiling from source or a distro provided package should be preferred to the generic binary. Also, the generic Linux binary is not supported in any way shape or form.
Damm it !
Right, if i built sigil once, I should be able to do it again I guess. I should have taken notes back then though.
EowynCarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 08:25 AM   #85
user_none
Sigil & calibre developer
user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STR
Quote:
Originally Posted by EowynCarter View Post
Damm it !
Right, if i built sigil once, I should be able to do it again I guess. I should have taken notes back then though.
Notes like these?
user_none is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 05:29 AM   #86
EowynCarter
Wizard
EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybooks; Sony PRS-T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by user_none View Post
Notes like these?
Among other things.

Still haven't gone through installing a VM. Didn't you said you had one ?
EowynCarter is offline   Reply With Quote