Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 08-28-2012, 02:08 AM   #1
chris_c
Member Retired
chris_c can bend spoons with a thought.chris_c can bend spoons with a thought.chris_c can bend spoons with a thought.chris_c can bend spoons with a thought.chris_c can bend spoons with a thought.chris_c can bend spoons with a thought.chris_c can bend spoons with a thought.chris_c can bend spoons with a thought.chris_c can bend spoons with a thought.chris_c can bend spoons with a thought.chris_c can bend spoons with a thought.

Device: kindle touch
customer partition is not ready.

I checked I have /mnt/us/diagnostic_logs/device_info.xml
I reformatted it and on reboot (alas back into diag!) it recreated
documents and system directory as well as diag logs

any idea how I can convince diag the the customer partition really is ready!

tia
chris_c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 03:25 AM   #2
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Which customer partition (mmcblk0p3 - /var/local or mmcblk0p4 - home of the FAT file system)?
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-28-2012, 03:44 AM   #3
chris_c
Member Retired
chris_c can bend spoons with a thought.chris_c can bend spoons with a thought.chris_c can bend spoons with a thought.chris_c can bend spoons with a thought.chris_c can bend spoons with a thought.chris_c can bend spoons with a thought.chris_c can bend spoons with a thought.chris_c can bend spoons with a thought.chris_c can bend spoons with a thought.chris_c can bend spoons with a thought.chris_c can bend spoons with a thought.

it dont say, literally it says "Customer partition is not ready, update again"

how can I regenerate mmcblk0p3 ?
Old 08-28-2012, 04:04 AM   #4
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
mmcblk0p3 is ext2 + journal

mmcblk0p4 is a single partition, FAT-32, hard-disk format (including the MBR and partition table) - it gets mounted for the user with a fuse, loop mount and displacement so only the file storage area shows.

How to make them both "not ready" - 1024 bytes of zero and the Kindle startup scripting will rebuild them.

I am not sure how to make both of them "already ready". Maybe just format them.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 04:30 AM   #5
chris_c
Member Retired

well for some reason I can't account for root partition had not even a partition table!

some "customer partition" it was the system partition!!!

copying an image to /mnt/us I was able to dd it and surprise - what a shock - it worked! - bit misleading that message!

I frequently go years at a time without having to suffer windows and oh what joy! (not) was installing the fastboot usb driver.... (that little doozy wasted most of my time)

still all fixed now, just launcher an a few other bits - and oh more joy I'll probably have to recreate all my nested collections again.....
Advert
Old 08-28-2012, 04:38 AM   #6
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Týr
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
good on you for posting that on here then. sounds like something someone else will do one day. Thanks for posting the fix.
twobob is offline   Reply With Quote