Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 07-25-2009, 02:36 AM   #1
robcohen
Enthusiast
robcohen began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle and Kindle Touch
Can Calibre convert .azw1 or .tpz to .mobi or .azw?

Hi,
I'm confused and have looked all over the Calibre site as well on Mobileread. There's a ticket at http://calibre.kovidgoyal.net/ticket/2566 where kovidgoyal says that Calibre already supports conversion of .azw1/.tpz - just drag and drop - and he closes the ticket with that comment. Later there's another comment from him that says this problem is fixed in the next trunk release, whatever and wherever that is.

I appreciate all the hard work put into Calibre but my problem at the moment is just to convert this book into something I can read on multiple platforms. How can I do that and does Calibre in fact have this function? If so, can someone tell me what to do differently than importing the book into Calibre and either right-click/convert or select/convert e-books? I get a message "Cannot convert 1 of 1 books because no suitable source format was found.".

Thanks for any help you can offer!

Rob Cohen
robcohen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2009, 04:45 AM   #2
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Topaz books can't be converted to anything else, to the best of my knowledge.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-25-2009, 09:34 AM   #3
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
TOPAZ ebooks have DRM (encryption) that has not been circumvented and the format itself is not documented outside of Amazon. So they are not convertable to any other format.

The Calibre ticket #2566 was about allowing TOPAZ ebooks to be catalogued by Calibre. So they can be in your Calibre library, but all you can do with them is restore them to the same Kindle they came from.
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2009, 05:17 PM   #4
jboardman
Zealot
jboardman is on a distinguished road

Device: kindle, sony PRS900, Irex Iliad
I've tried everything... nothing works.
jboardman is offline   Reply With Quote