Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 11-21-2008, 09:53 PM   #1
arvsinha
Intrepid Explorer
arvsinha began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2
Talking Exercise Regimen of Book Lovers

Just Wondering what is the exercise and fitness regimen of all the book lovers out here.
Something like turning pages, lifting books or if you are really a fitness freak - just a weekly cleaning of your book shelves.
Would be glad to hear from the members

Just An Armchair Addict
arvsinha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2008, 07:12 AM   #2
Dylrob
Murderous Mustela
Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad M1 Pro, Kindle Paperwhite
School textbooks are an excellent way to exercise your back muscles. Use on others could however be considered a means of torture.
Dylrob is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-22-2008, 09:27 AM   #3
mjh215
Guru
mjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Device: None of your business
I regularly go to fleamarkets, and carry a dozen or so hardbacks back to my car. They can get heavy at the larger ones where I might have a half mile walk back. Winter I gain weight

-MJ
mjh215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2008, 10:10 AM   #4
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Exercise regiment....

1. lift reader
2. read page
3. push page forward page
4. do #2
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2008, 10:55 AM   #5
vivaldirules
When's Doughnut Day?
vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, iPad
I exercise my left thumb frequently to reduce the strain when I have to bend it down to push that stupid page turning button on my Sony 505 (boy, I sure miss the perfectly placed buttons on my old 500). And on a day when I'm really good, I also attempt to "secure" the thing (with rubber bands, no less) to my elliptical machine and try to read while I work out. It works well. I just don't do it as often as I should.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN1506b.jpg
Views:	310
Size:	121.2 KB
ID:	18198  
vivaldirules is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-22-2008, 11:27 AM   #6
ravenne
Wizard
ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, PocketBook 360°, Cybook Gen3, iPad mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by vivaldirules View Post
And on a day when I'm really good, I also attempt to "secure" the thing (with rubber bands, no less) to my elliptical machine and try to read while I work out. It works well. I just don't do it as often as I should.

Vivaldirules, that´s a great idea - I´m going to try this as well!
ravenne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2008, 12:17 PM   #7
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Quote:
Originally Posted by arvsinha View Post
Just Wondering what is the exercise and fitness regimen of all the book lovers out here.
Something like turning pages, lifting books or if you are really a fitness freak - just a weekly cleaning of your book shelves.
Would be glad to hear from the members

Just An Armchair Addict
Well, I usually have to run around finding places to hide when the monthly Amazon Chase statement comes in.
Telling my DH "but honey, I get 3 POINTS for everything I charge at Amazon!" just isn't working anymore....sometimes I run all the way to the car.....
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2008, 12:28 PM   #8
ShortNCuddlyAm
WWHALD
ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad. Selling my silver 505 here
I used to do strength and endurance exercises when I bought a lot of pbooks (carry books from shop to office, then from office to home in the rush hour).

Now, though, I mostly do speed and agility, when I run around flapping because I can't remember where I put my reader down. And the occasional hill running when pbooks from Amazon turn up and I'm upstairs (there is a very short timeframe to get to the door before the delivery man assumes you're not it - usually two seconds after ringing. Sometimes he's more efficient and has the card already written and just puts that through the door instead of ringing...)
ShortNCuddlyAm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2008, 07:14 PM   #9
carandol
Evangelist
carandol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carandol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carandol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carandol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carandol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carandol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carandol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carandol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carandol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carandol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carandol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BeBook
I used to have an iRex iLiad, which I held in my left hand while using my left thumb to turn the page. Now I've replaced it with a Bebook, which has two sets of keys for page turning, so *both* my thumbs get exercise. Though it's a smaller screen, so my eyes don't get so much exercise in moving left to right and back.
carandol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2008, 09:16 PM   #10
arvsinha
Intrepid Explorer
arvsinha began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by carandol View Post
I used to have an iRex iLiad, which I held in my left hand while using my left thumb to turn the page. Now I've replaced it with a Bebook, which has two sets of keys for page turning, so *both* my thumbs get exercise. Though it's a smaller screen, so my eyes don't get so much exercise in moving left to right and back.
that's right. Balance is the name of the game. You dont want any dangerous muscle imbalances.

For the eyes, i have a good substitute - I try reading a book while watching the telly - the amount of exercise the eyes endure is phenomenal.
arvsinha is offline   Reply With Quote