Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 09-13-2013, 02:57 AM   #166
nasser
Evangelist
nasser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nasser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nasser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nasser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nasser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nasser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nasser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nasser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nasser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nasser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nasser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many..
Glad to get your response, baf..

Any other improvements or changes in new package..? screen rotation..

Will give it a spin..
nasser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 05:44 AM   #167
baf
Evangelist
baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kt
Quote:
Originally Posted by nasser View Post
Glad to get your response, baf..

Any other improvements or changes in new package..? screen rotation..
No, sorry. Just got back from vacations. Have to do some working now.

And I have to jailbreak my kindle. When I connected it yesterday it upgraded to latest firmware
baf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-13-2013, 05:52 AM   #168
nasser
Evangelist
nasser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nasser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nasser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nasser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nasser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nasser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nasser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nasser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nasser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nasser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nasser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Tch.. tch.. didn't lock your back door..?
Old 09-13-2013, 07:08 AM   #169
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Almost another vote for: "Kindle hardware + non-Amazon firmware".
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 04:41 PM   #170
baf
Evangelist
baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

kterm 0.7 again

I uploaded new package for kterm version 0.7.
I generated new, larger images for Touch keyboard. The ones from Paperwhite layout were a bit too large and previous ones a bit too small.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	keyboard_diff.gif
Views:	339
Size:	16.2 KB
ID:	110988  

Last edited by baf; 09-13-2013 at 05:24 PM. Reason: screenshot
Advert
Old 06-02-2014, 01:55 PM   #171
nasser
Evangelist

Got back to kterm after a long time..
Noticed this strange behaviour: the uppercase and lowercase letters were interchanged..!
i.e: if you pressed 'a' you got 'A' and vice-versa..
Pondered over and lived wih the issue for a few weeks..
Then found the cure: a restart of the kindle(PW1 in my case..).. a 20 sec press of the power button..
Some memory corruption..? or..?
Old 06-02-2014, 03:25 PM   #172
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Noticed this strange behaviour: the uppercase and lowercase letters were interchanged..!
Then found the cure: a restart of the kindle(PW1 in my case..).. a 20 sec press of the power button..
Strange indeed.

The (my) mind's first reaction is "can't happen".
Unfortunately, I have been at this long enough to know that "anything can happen".

Perhaps the effect of caching something, somewhere?

Post if it happens again - it might be "real" and related somehow to your device and its set-up.

PS: Thanks.
Old 06-02-2014, 04:54 PM   #173
baf
Evangelist

Quote:
Really strange. I can't think of any cause.
Maybe your keyboard is dirty and caps lock got stuck
Old 06-03-2014, 07:31 AM   #174
knc1
Going Viral

It had to happen sometime: the virtual sticky key.
Next on our list to watch for: the virtual coffee spill.
Old 03-09-2015, 01:13 PM   #175
pgfiore
Enthusiast
pgfiore began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
I just tried ktem 0.7 onto a working pw1/kual 2.5 and it does not start at all. When I tap on kterm quickly go back home (and shows for a while bin/kterm.sh in the bottom left corner). How can I understand why? Is there a log? thank for any hint. Ciao
pgfiore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2015, 04:13 PM   #176
brianinmaine
Evangelist
brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Touch (5.3.7)
is your kterm in the correct directory? "/mnt/us/extensions/kterm"
Also you might troubleshoot using ssh or telnet to show you the problem.
brianinmaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2015, 10:12 AM   #177
pgfiore
Enthusiast
pgfiore began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
thank for the prompt reply, I needed a while to get my win7 to telnet it as I never tried before....

However, yep it's there with subfolder bin and layouts
I do not know how I could proceed to troubleshoot it

I give it a "blind try", firing:
[root@kindle kterm]# bin/kterm.sh
matchbox-keyboard:/mnt/us/extensions/kterm/layouts/keyboard-wide.xml:0: (null)
matchbox-keyboard: *Error* Error parsing
matchbox-keyboard failed to return valid window ID
: No such file or directory
killall: matchbox-keyboard: no process killed

Last edited by pgfiore; 03-11-2015 at 12:30 PM.
pgfiore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2015, 09:29 PM   #178
brianinmaine
Evangelist
brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Touch (5.3.7)
did you get it from here? http://www.fabiszewski.net/kindle-te.../kterm-0.7.zip
also, did you unzip it on the kindle or in windows - just making sure you didn't have any windows line endings in there? Not sure what else it can be? Delete and try again?
brianinmaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2015, 02:20 PM   #179
ssholloway
Connoisseur
ssholloway has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ssholloway has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ssholloway has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: iPhone6, iPadMiniRetina, KindlePW3, KoboGloHD
Not working on FW 5.6.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by brianinmaine View Post
Using term-0.7 from the URL, I get the same behavior as pgfiore on a PW2 running fw 5.6.5 when launching from the latest snapshot of KUAL. Everything is in the extensions directory and I used the same code on fw 5.4.2 without problems. I did reinstall kterm-0.7 after the first time I had the problem but that didn't make any difference.

This is not the only extension that 5.6.5 seems to have broken. I have a similar issue with batterlevel as reported in its thread. Any ideas would be appreciated.
ssholloway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2015, 03:09 PM   #180
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
I think someone somewhere suggested that the new firmware updated from libpng12 -> libpng16.

kterm links to libpng12. You'll have to create a compatibility symlink, in /usr/lib or somewhere added to $LD_LILBRARY_PATH in kterm.sh (maybe you only want kterm to look for libpng12).
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
kindle touch, kindle touch hacks, terminal emulator