Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 08-18-2012, 11:32 PM   #1
Jane12
Groupie
Jane12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jane12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jane12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jane12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jane12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jane12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jane12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jane12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jane12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jane12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jane12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iDevices
Table of Contents won't show in Ebook-Viewer

Is anyone else having trouble getting the Table of Contents to show in Calibre's Ebook-Viewer?

I've been using v8.61, and I'm pretty sure the TOC was working before. But today when I clicked on the TOC icon, either nothing happens or the whole screen sort of "shifts/wiggles" but no TOC appears. I figured it was time to update to the latest version, so I installed v8.65, but the same thing happens. No TOC.

Any idea what I'm doing wrong, how I messed this up, or how to fix it? Thanks!

P.S. This happens in both the new paged mode (which is fabulous, by the way) and the old scrolling mode. I also tried it on 3 different books with the same result.

Last edited by Jane12; 08-19-2012 at 12:35 AM. Reason: added more info
Jane12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 02:25 AM   #2
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
I am not having a problem here, but did an experiment. Have you resized the view window recently? Or the TOC section?

If I open the TOC, and then drag the splitter to the left until the TOC is completely hidden, then pressing the TOC button a couple of times to toggle it on and off, and the text does what you describe. To fix, turn the TOC on. The button looks like it is pressed. Then, move the mouse slowly over the grey area where the TOC should be until the cursor changes. In Windows 7 it changes to to vertical lines with an arrows pointing left and right. When it changes, click the mouse and drag to the right until the TOC is the size you want.

I hope that is clear and I hope it solves it. If it doesn't, I don't know what the problem is.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-19-2012, 10:30 AM   #3
Jane12
Groupie
Jane12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jane12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jane12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jane12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jane12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jane12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jane12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jane12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jane12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jane12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jane12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iDevices
davidfor!!

Apparently, my problem was two-fold:

First, I did have the TOC window hidden as you speculated. I feel like such an idiot!

But then, trying the 3 epubs again, the TOC only worked on two of them. Turns out the third epub was missing the "toc" attribute in the opf spine. Once I corrected that (and unhid the TOC window), the TOC appeared.

In case this is useful to anyone else:

* If the TOC icon is blue and the book text wiggles but no TOC appears when you click it, your TOC window is most likely hidden, per davidfor's post above.

* If the TOC icon is gray, clicking it does nothing (no wiggling text), and you're positive there is a TOC (in my case, the TOC appeared in ADE so I knew it existed), check your opf and ncx files for errors.
Jane12 is offline   Reply With Quote