Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 03-01-2011, 02:44 AM   #1
LittlebitN
LittlebitN began at the beginning.

Device: EZReader
Graphics missing or deformed in .lit conversions

When converting any type of file into a .lit ebook, Calibre doesn't seem to be recognizing the graphics. It either squeezes them into what appears to be 1 or 2 lines (no matter the size of the graphic) or it leaves a complete blank page where a graphic should have been (this usually happens when the graphic took up an entire page).

I have tried converting from .html, .pdf and .epub - the .lit file just will not come out correctly. This was not a problem in earlier versions of Calibre, except when converting .rtf files into .lit. It always "scrunched" (technical term) the graphic.

I am brand new to this forum (just found it), but have been using Calibre since version 7.24. Can anyone help me with this?

Thank you.
LittlebitN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 04:24 AM   #2
ldolse
Wizard
ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.

Device: PRS-650, iPhone
I don't believe Lit output is maintained, as it's basically a legacy format no publisher is currently supporting. The best formats to output to are epub/mobi, as these both have large installed bases of users/device support.
ldolse is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert