Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 12-27-2010, 02:39 AM   #1
ssholloway
Connoisseur
ssholloway has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ssholloway has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ssholloway has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: iPhone6, iPadMiniRetina, KindlePW3, KoboGloHD
Nook Color Main Memory vs. SD Card

When sending a book to the main memory of my NC, Calibre 0.7.34 sends it to the SD card and vice-versa. I have confirmed this on the NC and in Finder (OSX 10.6.4) while Calibre's display shows the book in the wrong location.
I recently updated the NC to firmware 1.0.1 and while I don't recall seeing this problem under 1.0, it may have been there and I just didn't notice. I haven't tried removing the SD card to see what happens then because it such a pain to get the tiny thing out but I can do so it that would be helpful in tracking the problem.
ssholloway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 02:54 AM   #2
iandix
Addict
iandix is far more humble than you.iandix is far more humble than you.iandix is far more humble than you.iandix is far more humble than you.iandix is far more humble than you.iandix is far more humble than you.iandix is far more humble than you.iandix is far more humble than you.iandix is far more humble than you.iandix is far more humble than you.iandix is far more humble than you.

Device: nook touch a Nook 3g (rooted) and a nookcolor (rooted)
I'm using calibre 0.7.35 and I'm not seeing this problem.

When I click on send to device it sends it to the directory "My Files/Books" and when I send it to the sd card it sends it to the directory sdcard/

I then have to move the books from sdcard/ to sdcard/My Files/books" using astro so the books all show up in the library.
iandix is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-27-2010, 12:47 PM   #3
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
go to preferences->misc and click debug device detection and post the outpu
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 06:36 PM   #4
ssholloway
Connoisseur
ssholloway has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ssholloway has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ssholloway has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

I upgraded to 0.7.35 and the problem is gone. Let me know if you still want the debug output.
Thanks.
Old 12-27-2010, 06:45 PM   #5
ssholloway
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by iandix View Post
I'm using calibre 0.7.35 and I'm not seeing this problem.

When I click on send to device it sends it to the directory "My Files/Books" and when I send it to the sd card it sends it to the directory sdcard/

I then have to move the books from sdcard/ to sdcard/My Files/books" using astro so the books all show up in the library.
0.7.35 fixed the problem for me. Thanks.

In return, have you tried editing the template for the Nook Color device plug-in to specify My Files/Books/ at the front of the path name? That makes my books go to the book directory on my SD card.
Advert
Old 12-29-2010, 05:15 AM   #6
john_es
Connoisseur
john_es began at the beginning.

Device: Nook
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssholloway View Post
0.7.35 fixed the problem for me. Thanks.

In return, have you tried editing the template for the Nook Color device plug-in to specify My Files/Books/ at the front of the path name? That makes my books go to the book directory on my SD card.
Interesting... how do you do this?
john_es is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2010, 07:53 PM   #7
ssholloway
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by john_es View Post
Interesting... how do you do this?
PLEASE NOTE: Corrected post
There is a device-specific template for both main memory and SD card at preferences --> plugins --> device plugin (choose NookColor and hit customize button). There is also a separate template for the main memory and SD card (preferences --> sending books to device) that is global for all devices and is used if the specific device plugin template is blank. You might want to experience with the sending books to device template while the NookColor device plugin template is blank until you get what you want.

Last edited by ssholloway; 01-02-2011 at 08:09 PM.
Old 01-01-2011, 05:50 AM   #8
cynthia399
cynthia399 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cynthia399 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cynthia399 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cynthia399 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cynthia399 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cynthia399 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cynthia399 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cynthia399 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cynthia399 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cynthia399 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cynthia399 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook, Astak Mentor
Customizing the send to device template works but only if you send books to your sdcard and not the main memory. I added My Files/Books/ to the beginning of my template and now the books end up in the correct spot on the sdcard. Thanks.

Last edited by cynthia399; 01-01-2011 at 06:02 AM.
cynthia399 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2011, 05:05 PM   #9
john_es
Connoisseur

Quote:
There is a global template for both main memory and SD card at preferences --> plugins --> device plugin (choose NookColor and hit customize button). There are also separate templates for the main memory (preferences --> sending books to device) and SD card (preferences --> saving books to disk) that are used if the device plugin template is blank. You might want to experience with the saving books to disk template with the device plugin template blank until you get what you want.
This is perfect, and fantastic... thanks!
Old 01-03-2011, 10:31 PM   #10
john_es
Connoisseur

Quote:
PLEASE NOTE: Corrected post
There is a device-specific template for both main memory and SD card at preferences --> plugins --> device plugin (choose NookColor and hit customize button). There is also a separate template for the main memory and SD card (preferences --> sending books to device) that is global for all devices and is used if the specific device plugin template is blank. You might want to experience with the sending books to device template while the NookColor device plugin template is blank until you get what you want.
I see the Nook Color template, but I don't see a way to edit the card vs main memory separately... is there a way to treat them differently?
Old 01-10-2011, 04:37 PM   #11
thehaggis
thehaggis began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo
Could you give an example of the "Save template: string/code/text/whatever? For those of us who are easily confused.
thehaggis is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
nook color