Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 06-17-2010, 08:59 PM   #1
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave
Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K2, iPad, KFire, PPW, Voyage, NookColor. 2 Droid, Oasis, Boox Note2
Question CSS wacky p indent post-chapter split?

Gang:

Can anyone think of any reason--or had this experience--why my paras would suddenly STOP indenting after doing an F6 chapter split? ALL of them? Even though the stylesheet is properly referenced in every xhtml file and the css is correct?

The formatting was all fine before I inserted the hr chapter breaks (with a s&R function, which obviously worked); then I hit the F6 key, and, kablammo! Nary a paragraph will first-line indent, no matter what I do. Nothing I see in the Sigil seems to indicate why this is happening; I have this:
Code:
<style type="text/css">
:link { color: blue }
  :visited { color: purple }
  span.sgc-18 {text-transform:uppercase}
  div.sgc-17 {border:double windowtext 1.5pt;padding:1.0pt 4.0pt 1.0pt 4.0pt}
  p.sgc-16 {margin-bottom: 0in; text-align: center}
  p.sgc-15 {margin-bottom:0in;margin-bottom:.0001pt}
  p.sgc-14 {margin-top:0in;margin-right:0in;margin-bottom:0in; margin-left:.2in;margin-bottom:.0001pt}
  span.sgc-13 {font-size:11.0pt;font-family:"Times New Roman"}
  br.sgc-12 {page-break-before:always}
  p.sgc-11 {font-style: italic; margin-top: 24.0pt; text-align: center}
  span.sgc-10 {font-size:14.0pt;font-family:"Arial Black"}
  p.sgc-9 {margin-top: 24.0pt; text-align: center}
  span.sgc-8 {font-family:"Arial Black"}
  p.sgc-7 {margin-left:2.5in}
  p.sgc-6 {margin-left:1.0in;text-indent:.5in}
  td.sgc-5 {vertical-align:top}
  div.sgc-4 {padding:3.6pt 7.2pt 3.6pt 7.2pt}
  p.sgc-3 {font-weight: bold}
  span.sgc-2 {font-size:14.0pt}
  p.sgc-1 {margin-left:.5in;text-indent:.5in}

blockquote.sgc-19 {margin: 0 0 0 40px; border: none; padding: 0px;}
</style>
That's been inserted, regardless of the stylesheet, but even removing this code doesn't fix the problem.

I'll spare you the "real" stylesheet, which sadly I created via BD->html, which is a disaster, something like 2300 lines of code. I won't make that mistake again. Nonetheless, regardless of how crappy the css was, it worked fine until I split the chapters. Haven't made any other changes....

Anyone have ANY thoughts about this? Or see something in the code from Sigil that I overlooked? My css for each para is a straight up para class, no weirdness.

Thanks,

Hitch

n.b. - I fixed it, but the reason isn't clear. For some weird cause, the entire document started to ignore the paragraph class, reverting back to the basic paragraph css. {shrug} Then I had problems with bottom margins between paras, which was apparently caused by--again, weirdly--the css for the para margins spacing just "not working." I re-entered the css, changing nothing, and now it works. Bizarro World.

Also, FWIW, @Valloric, if you read this: when I use s&r for html in codeview, if I click inside the codeview editing window after the s&r is replaced, all the replacements will be undone, for no clear reason. It seems to work better if I do the s&r in codeview, then click over to WYSIWYG view, then click back to codeview to 'secure' the changes and save. I honestly think it's a bug; do you know of this already or should I note it for you?

Last edited by Hitch; 06-18-2010 at 02:54 AM. Reason: Fixed; adding note to Valloric about possible bug.
Hitch is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
book designer, css, first line indent, stylesheet