Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK

Notices

Old 12-22-2009, 11:21 PM   #1
Critteranne
Guru
Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, iPad
$100 B&N Card for

According to CNET, some people who placed early nook orders are getting $100 gift cards from Barnes & Noble if their nook doesn't ship by Christmas.
http://news.cnet.com/crave/8300-1793...rnes+%26+Noble

Dang! I wish I'd get an offer like that. Go ahead, ship it late, then ship me the gift card.

I'll be reading books on my sturdy eBookWise in the meantime.

Heh, turns out Abulia beat me to the punch:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...t=65185&page=2

Last edited by Critteranne; 12-22-2009 at 11:24 PM.
Critteranne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2009, 02:10 AM   #2
Abulia
Enthusiast
Abulia once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Abulia once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Abulia once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Abulia once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Abulia once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Abulia once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Abulia once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Abulia once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Abulia once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Abulia once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Abulia once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: nook
I think it's a nice gesture on the part of B&N. No, it doesn't excuse slipping dates and not having enough supply to meet demands but it does demonstrate willingness on B&N's part to admit they could have done a better job. No one is holding a gun to their head and forcing them to give away $100 gift cards.

That said, it is just an e-reader. While my wife and I are enjoying our Nook, I'd have no problem getting $100 back and waiting 30 more days. The Nook doesn't cure cancer, enhance my daily life in any significant manner, or make the air cleaner.

It's a consumer electronics device and nothing more.
Abulia is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-27-2009, 02:06 PM   #3
Diedrupo
Diedrupo has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Diedrupo has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Diedrupo has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Diedrupo has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Nook
I was part of that group. Unfortunately mine arrived as they said it would, so no $100 gift card for me.
Diedrupo is offline   Reply With Quote