Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 08-25-2015, 12:44 PM   #26341
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.
Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K4, K5, fire, kobo, galaxy
PSA: When cleaning out and defrosting a freezer, do not put frozen Pops in a basket on the bed. They melt fast and one will leak.
Though soon the sheets and mattress pad will be clean soon and the freezer is organized.

For those of you that are curious, our chest freezer is in our bedroom. The bedroom is right off of the kitchen.
Cinisajoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2015, 08:50 PM   #26342
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress
kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Olympic Peninsula on the OTHER Washington! (the big green clean one on the west coast!)
Device: Kindle, the original! Times Two! and gifting an International Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinisajoy View Post
PSA: When cleaning out and defrosting a freezer, do not put frozen Pops in a basket on the bed. They melt fast and one will leak.
Though soon the sheets and mattress pad will be clean soon and the freezer is organized.

For those of you that are curious, our chest freezer is in our bedroom. The bedroom is right off of the kitchen.
it's all good until you accidentally put your undies in there some night
kindlekitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-25-2015, 09:28 PM   #26343
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave
Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K2, iPad, KFire, PPW, Voyage, NookColor. 2 Droid, Oasis, Boox Note2
Quote:
Originally Posted by kindlekitten View Post
For those of us that have lived in places like Florida, the Caribbean, and Arizona, trust me, those frozen undies have their place. Yup, yup, yup.

Hitch
Hitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2015, 09:56 PM   #26344
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.
Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kindlekitten View Post
Only a problem in the winter.
Old 08-29-2015, 09:13 AM   #26345
covingtoncat73
Wizard
covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Lenovo Duet Chromebook, Moto e
New Orleans is not all below sea level. K landed as a 3 and the levees were supposed to hold for that. My cousin's neighbor, who stayed because of pet birds, saw dry streets in Lakeview right after the storm passed, then the canal wall failed. He barely made it.
covingtoncat73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-29-2015, 09:13 AM   #26346
covingtoncat73
Wizard
covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

http://thelensnola.org/2015/08/28/my...fter-10-years/
Old 08-29-2015, 09:27 AM   #26347
covingtoncat73
Wizard

And the first forecast that showed it coming here and strong was the 5pm Friday forecast. I know. I check NHC at 10 and 5 everyday when there is a storm.

I was having and early dinner and movie with girlfriends and the restaurant had a TV set to the news. What had been supposed to hit elsewhere as a 1 that morning was coming to us as a 3. It would go up to a 5 before returning to a 3 at landfall. I could only point at the TV and say, f**k!"

Again, this was 5pm Friday. We had until Monday morning.
Old 08-31-2015, 12:50 PM   #26348
wodin
Illiterate
wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy S10+, Microsoft Surface Pro
It appears that we have dodged two more (Ignacio and Jimena), but there's yet ANOTHER forming up in the eastern Pacific just south of Baja. Typically those are the ones that head our way.

Last edited by wodin; 08-31-2015 at 12:55 PM.
wodin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2015, 12:03 PM   #26349
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.

this seems like a safe place to post this

My mom asked me to go through the old pictures. It is not a big deal but I find it rather ironic that I have NO pictures of me and my father when I was growing up. There is only one of him from when I was a kid and he is in costume.
Just had to tell someone.
Old 09-01-2015, 12:33 PM   #26350
covingtoncat73
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by wodin View Post
It appears that we have dodged two more (Ignacio and Jimena), but there's yet ANOTHER forming up in the eastern Pacific just south of Baja. Typically those are the ones that head our way.
Oh, no! I heard there were 4 storms in the Pacific!
Old 09-01-2015, 12:47 PM   #26351
wodin
Illiterate
wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy S10+, Microsoft Surface Pro
Yup, Kilo went by last week and the tropical depression that will be named Kevin when it becomes a storm is predicted to head north then swing back on Baja. Ignacio and Jimena will/are head NE a few hundred miles north of us. Last week there were three Cat 4 hurricanes in the Pacific at the same time. That's the first time since recording began that that's happened.
wodin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2015, 12:52 PM   #26352
covingtoncat73
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by wodin View Post
Yup, Kilo went by last week and the tropical depression that will be named Kevin when it becomes a storm is predicted to head north then swing back on Baja. Ignacio and Jimena will/are head NE a few hundred miles north of us. Last week there were three Cat 4 hurricanes in the Pacific at the same time. That's the first time since recording began that that's happened.
That is just crazy. In the Carribean, my friend Bernardett's home island of Domenica got hit really hard. Her family was spared, though there is a good bit of destruction. She, herself, lives in NOLA.
Old 09-01-2015, 02:58 PM   #26353
CWatkinsNash
IOC Chief Archivist
CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Meebook M7, Paperwhite 2021, Fire HD 8+, Fire HD 10+, Lenovo Tab P12
My mom is being suckered by a romance scammer and there's nothing I can do about it. I've tried, of course, including providing her with evidence, but despite the fact that she initially seemed to be in full agreement with me that he's a dirtbag, she's still talking to him and lying to me about it.
CWatkinsNash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2015, 07:43 PM   #26354
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave
Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K2, iPad, KFire, PPW, Voyage, NookColor. 2 Droid, Oasis, Boox Note2
Quote:
Originally Posted by CWatkinsNash View Post
My mom is being suckered by a romance scammer and there's nothing I can do about it. I've tried, of course, including providing her with evidence, but despite the fact that she initially seemed to be in full agreement with me that he's a dirtbag, she's still talking to him and lying to me about it.
I have a client that's written an entire, nearly-1,000 page book about romance scamming as a profession. It's unbelievable to me how women FALL for this crapola. (No offense to your mom!). I get about 3x new "friends" on FB a week, and, sho'nuff, they try to tell me that they are "Seals stationed in Syria," or "an Army Ranger doing XXXX," so not only are they romance scammers, but honor thieves as well.

Most are from Ethiopia, etc. and use images that they find online. Usually of middle-aged white guys. Did you tineye whatever image he gave her, to show her who he really is (or isn't), by any chance?

Hitch
Hitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2015, 08:20 PM   #26355
CWatkinsNash
IOC Chief Archivist
CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Meebook M7, Paperwhite 2021, Fire HD 8+, Fire HD 10+, Lenovo Tab P12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitch View Post
Most are from Ethiopia, etc. and use images that they find online. Usually of middle-aged white guys. Did you tineye whatever image he gave her, to show her who he really is (or isn't), by any chance?

Hitch
That was the first thing I did, and I was immediately taken to this thread: http://www.romancescam.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=54241. Dude's current profile pic was about 2/3 of the way down. Plain as day, photos stolen from a Romanian police commissioner.

When I told her, she seemed disappointed (naturally) but she seemed to accept it. However, she's still talking to him. She doesn't know I know that, and she's flat out lied to me about it. But if I tell her I know she's lying, she'll change her passwords and then I won't be able to keep an eye on things. (She has me set up her devices for her, so I have her email and cell account logins. I won't apologize for snooping - she's my mother and trying to keep her safe trumps my usual sense of ethics in this area.)

The guy has since changed his profile pic, but he's still using a stolen photo of Mr. Ciocan, just a different one. He claims to be contractor outside of DC. He says he's originally from Germany as a way to explain his accent.

She's been emailing him, but he only communicates with her via Facebook and phone. His email is just a gmail address, but since he never writes to her, I can't even nab a header for any possible info nuggets. A search on the email address nets me nothing so I imagine it's new and only being used to encourage trust.

His phone number is a Pinger voip number, so he has a Wash. DC number but could be anywhere.

I reported his profile to Facebook, but that probably won't do anything.

She's also opened a PayPal account within the past couple of weeks.

What really, really, REALLY steams me up is finding out that when I send her links showing proof that the photos are stolen, she emails the links to him. WTF??? Based on timestamps, he then calls her and says goodness knows what to explain it away.

I feel helpless. As of yet, he hasn't tried to reel in, but he's working up to it. I know how these guys operate. He'll say he's coming to see her but "something" will happen on the way and he'll need money. But until he actually does something like that, law enforcement can't do anything because, at the moment, he's basically just catfishing her. The Romanian PC is the only one that can take action over the photos, so that doesn't help me here.

If I confront her, I could lose my ability to keep an eye on things and she'll either deny it or defend him. I know her pretty well.

Arrrrgh!!!!
CWatkinsNash is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
creepy crawlers!, dell computers, monteverdi, thread that never ends, tubery, unutterable silliness