Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 02-05-2008, 10:00 PM   #1
hidalgo1301
hidalgo1301 began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader 505
Howdy from Texas

I just purchased my Sony reader yesterday and I love it...I am new to all of this, and will hopefully be able to learn much from this site and everyone on it, and eventually contribute something back. Glad to find this site...later.
hidalgo1301 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008, 10:27 PM   #2
slayda
Retired & reading more!
slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 1, iPad Air 2, iPhone 6S+, Kobo Aura One
Sony's are good. You'll probably want to look at the format converters in the WIKI, especially Book Designer. Once you get it set up (not straight forward but there is a guide there) it's easy and quite good.

Oh, and welcome to the BLOG.
slayda is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-06-2008, 01:37 AM   #3
Mike's Place
Pull up a chair
Mike's Place doesn't litterMike's Place doesn't litter

Device: PRS-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by hidalgo1301 View Post
I just purchased my Sony reader yesterday and I love it...I am new to all of this, and will hopefully be able to learn much from this site and everyone on it, and eventually contribute something back. Glad to find this site...later.
If you want to use PDF downloads on your reader you may find they are difficult to read (type is too small). This program gets rid of the margins and turns the document sideways to maximize the size of the letters. It works great!

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=13135

If you want to get daily news feeds go to:

https://libprs500.kovidgoyal.net

It is an awesome program and does a lot more than just news. It also converts html files to the Sony LRF format and makes them really readable.

Have fun,

Mike
Mike's Place is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2008, 06:33 PM   #4
hidalgo1301

Thanks for the replys. I have downloaded librs500 and love the program. It is easy to use and quickly converts lit files to lrf files for the 505. Loving the reader (when I get a chance to use it, I have a 8 week old daughter). I need to check out the news feeds on this program. Thanks for the info.
Old 02-08-2008, 09:09 PM   #5
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Hi hildalgo1301 and welcome to the Forum. I just got a 505 and I like it a lot.
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-15-2008, 04:25 PM   #6
hidalgo1301

I hope you enjoy using you Sony. If you have any questions or suggestions on how to get the most out of the 505 just ask.
Old 02-15-2008, 04:28 PM   #7
hidalgo1301

Don't know if you have a home charger other than the usb supplied. I know that you can purchase the same home charger that the Sony PSP uses. Don't know if there is any cost difference, but it should be easy to find.
Old 02-15-2008, 11:54 PM   #8
Ervserver
Wizard
Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch
Hello hidalgo1301, I boought a PSP charger off Ebay, works great on the Sony 505
Ervserver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2008, 12:49 AM   #9
hidalgo1301

I see you have the Kindle also Ervserver...do you like it better than the Sony? The big push with the wireless purchase of books did not hit home with me. I get all my books online.
Old 02-21-2008, 07:20 PM   #10
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
The way I browse for eBooks before purchasing I'd end up draining the Kindle battery before I was done.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote