Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 03-01-2013, 11:38 AM   #91
bookratt
Wizard
bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS505 & PRS600, iPad, Pandigital Novel, iPad 2
Jesus in the Present Tense: The I AM Statements of Christ [Kindle Edition]
Warren W. Wiersbe (Author)

http://www.amazon.com/Jesus-Present-..._154606011_f_2

Quote:
In Jesus in the Present Tense, Dr. Warren W. Wiersbe explores the “I AM” statements of God—from His burning bush conversation with Moses, to His powerful reassurances to the Israelites, to Jesus’s startling claim to be the Light of the World.

Many Christians find themselves mired in past regrets or future fears, but the name of God itself reminds readers that God wants them to live in the present. The more readers understand and apply God’s I AM statements from the Old and New Testaments, the more they will realize God’s peace and joy. Then they will be free to live, serve, and know God more richly in the present tense—which is just where He wants them to be.
Whispersync for Voice
Now you can switch back and forth between reading the Kindle book and listening to the Audible audiobook.

Add the professional narration of Jesus in the Present Tense: The I AM Statements of Christ for a reduced price of $3.99 after you buy this Kindle book.
bookratt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 11:42 AM   #92
bookratt
Wizard
bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

A Life of Gratitude: 21 Days to Overcoming Self-Pity and Negativity [Kindle Edition]
Shelley Hitz (Author)

http://www.amazon.com/Life-Gratitude..._154606011_f_7

Quote:
A Life of Gratitude: How to Overcome Self-Pity and Negativity

During a season of transition in my life, I found myself overwhelmed with negative emotions like self-pity and a complaining spirit. It was as if a dark cloud had descended over me. I prayed and asked God for wisdom on how to overcome these negative emotions. As I did, I sensed Him leading me to do a 21 day gratitude challenge.

Over the course of the 21 days, God began to change me as I spent intentional time being grateful for all I had been given. I did this through writing in my journal each day and also sending a hand-written thank you note to someone different each day. This also led me to writing out 21 prayers of gratitude and compiling 21 stories of gratitude.

I want to share what I learned with you in the pages of this book which includes:
21 Days of Gratitude Challenge
21 Prayers of Gratitude
21 Stories of Gratitude

What to Expect On Each Day:
Read my personal stories, struggles and reflections.
Read one scripture and one quote about gratitude.
Apply one personal application step from the challenge.
Read one prayer of gratitude
Read one story of gratitude

Get Accountability and Encouragement

Along with the 21 day challenge, I also started a private Facebook group to provide accountability and encouragement for myself but also for others who decide to join me in the challenge. You will get access to this group as well. It has been amazing to see God at work in each of our lives.

Will you join me on this journey to gratitude?

--> Scroll up and click "buy" to embark on this 21 days of gratitude with us!
Advert
Old 03-04-2013, 12:51 AM   #93
bookratt
Wizard

My Scripture Journal: God's Promises (My Scripture Journal: Bible Reading Plans) [Kindle Edition] Heather Bixler (Author)

http://www.amazon.com/My-Scripture-J...154606011_f_19

Quote:
A four week Bible Memory reading plan for Kindle.

***** KINDLE is READING PLAN ONLY!*****

The goal of “My Scripture Journal” is to help you to grow deeper in your walk with Christ by reading the Bible and memorizing scripture. The scripture memorizing technique offered in “My Scripture Journal” has been shown to help others memorize scripture out of the Bible.

When we study the Bible we learn the tools needed in order to live a life that is pleasing to the Lord. God doesn't promise a life free from trials. However He has given us the tools we need to fight our battles through His word, the Bible. When we memorize scripture we automatically have the tools on hand that we need to get us through whatever life throws our way.

“My Scripture Journal” is designed to help you memorize scripture while also learning more about God through His word. This plan for reading and memorizing scripture is designed for those of us who have either a short attention span, or busy lives, in order to help incorporate God into our everyday life!

This scripture journal is set up where you will study one snippet of scripture per week. There will be seven different activities you will complete in order to help you memorize the scripture and get into the word, one activity per day of the week. At the end of the beginning of the next week we will move onto another scripture.
Old 03-05-2013, 12:03 PM   #94
bookratt
Wizard

Two Kinds of Color [Kindle Edition] Deborah Kennedy (Author)

http://www.amazon.com/Two-Kinds-of-C...154606011_f_45

Quote:
A beautiful and sensuous woman, Freddie Walker, has fallen into the hands of a vain and greedy businessman, Jimmy Tate. His notorious reputation and illegal business practices allow him to take and make all the money he can.

On a stormy night Freddie decides to take her children and leave Jimmy for good. When Jimmy finds out he goes berserk and attempts to kill her. But her best friend, Ruby Johnson, a woman of deep faith who has a special relationship with God, arrives just in time. A struggle ensues and Jimmy is killed.

Freddie's children, two of them white, two of them black, are sent to foster homes and separated from one another. Freddie and Ruby are sent to prison. Did Ruby kill Jimmy? What sacrifices did Freddie make for the sake of her children? What secrets did she keep from them? What is their legacy? As adults will they have the courage to meet each other to find out?
Old 03-05-2013, 12:21 PM   #95
bookratt
Wizard

Your Happily Ever After [Kindle Edition]
Dieter F. Uchtdorf (Author)

http://www.amazon.com/Your-Happily-E...154606011_f_59

Quote:
Sometimes we need a reminder that life was never all sunshine and roses for fairy-tale princesses. Before the true love's kisses and happily ever afters, there came once upon a times of poisoned apples, spindle pricks, and impossible tasks.

Speaking to the princesses of our Heavenly King, President Dieter F. Uchtdorf compares their challenges to those faced by famous fairy-tale heroines. Recounting Belle's captivity, Cinderella's servitude, and the sacrifices of the miller's daughter, President Uchtdorf emphasizes that each princess had to overcome adversity before she reached her happily ever after.

Your Happily Ever After is an inspiring and uplifting message that will encourage latter-day princesses to focus on God's plan, to find happiness in service, and to embrace the blessings of the gospel.
Advert
Old 03-05-2013, 12:32 PM   #96
bookratt
Wizard

Forget Me Not [Kindle Edition] Dieter F. Uchtdorf (Author)

http://www.amazon.com/Forget-Me-Not-...154606011_f_78

Quote:
nspired by the five petals of the tiny forget-me-not flower, President Dieter F. Uchtdorf reminds us of five things we will be wise to never forget:
To be patient with ourselves
To distinguish between a good sacrifice and a foolish sacrifice
To be happy now
To focus on the “why” of the gospel
To know that the Lord loves each of us infinitely.

A wonderful gift for any woman in your life!
Old 03-05-2013, 12:36 PM   #97
bookratt
Wizard

Inspirational Quotes to Help You Declutter & Simplify Your Life (With Images) (Inspired Wellness Series) [Kindle Edition]
Sarah Gabb (Author)

http://www.amazon.com/Inspirational-...154606011_f_94

Quote:
Get some motivation to clear clutter and live simply.
This book includes over 40 motivational quotes to help you reduce clutter from your life. Every other page includes an inspirational photo, quote, and benefit of being clutter free. Also included are 50 tips to help you improve each area (10 tips for each).

These quotes and tips will get you motivated to:
Declutter your life
Clear a cluttered mind
Declutter your home
Get rid of that office clutter
Start living simply with the special "Simplify" section of quotes.

Don't forget to keep your sense of humor while being inspired. Included is a page of silly vocabulary words provoked by clutter. How many of these vocabulary words are included in your life?

Also learn why clutter could be holding you back and why it is such an important part of your health and well being.

Find out how you can reduce stress, breath a little easier, and brighten your mood just from clearing out the junk!
Old 03-05-2013, 02:58 PM   #98
koland
Grand Sorcerer
koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle(all), nook, nookcolor, Sony, Kobo, epic, iphone, iPad, pc
Twelve from Barbour Books:

http://www.amazon.com/s/?rh=n:154606...lisher=Barbour

One from Revell:
http://www.amazon.com/Just-Different.../dp/B00B76T3PE
http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/me-j...=9781441204462
http://www.christianbook.com/me-just...4462/pd/9900EB
koland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 02:03 PM   #99
bookratt
Wizard

THE WAYS of GOD (Finding Purpose Through Your Pain) [Kindle Edition]
Cherie Hill (Author)

http://www.amazon.com/WAYS-Finding-P...154606011_f_64

Quote:
****NEW BONUS FEATURE****NEW RELEASE****

1st Chapter FREE:
"empty." (Living Full of Faith When Life Drains You Dry)
by Cherie Hill

Unexpectedly, we find that our faith has had a collision between high hopes and harsh realities—life isn’t turning out like we expected. We find ourselves questioning whether or not God is really in control . . . because life sure isn’t.

Though He claims to be “all we need,” we’re just not exactly sure we believe that. In our fight of faith, we’re convinced that His thoughts are higher than our thoughts—as hard as we try, we can’t figure God out. And although His ways may be higher, they certainly don’t seem better—we made plans for our lives, but God is directing our steps and taking us places we never wanted to go.

It becomes clear that God has brought us to a place in life where faith is no longer an option or a luxury, it’s a necessity— He’s brought us to our knees, so that we have nowhere to look, but up. In our hopelessness, we find God teaching us to trust Him, when there is no evidence that we should.

“The Ways of God” takes your faith to the next level. You’ll come to understand that although you don’t know where your life is headed, God does. You’ll grasp that when you can’t know every detail of His will, you can trust it.

********************BONUS FEATURE*******************

1st Chapter FREE: BE STILL (Let Jesus Calm Your Storms) by Cherie Hill

1st Chapter FREE: empty. (Living Full of Faith When Life Drains You Dry) by Cherie Hill
Old 03-10-2013, 02:57 PM   #100
bookratt
Wizard

Faith, Hope & Love [Kindle Edition] Kimberly Rae Jordan (Author)

http://www.amazon.com/Faith-Hope-Lov...154606011_f_84

Quote:
Six years after Colombian rebels took her missionary husband hostage, Cassie MacIntyre gets word that Quinn has been released and is on his way home. While initially excited to have her husband back, it isn’t long before joy turns to heartache as Cassie realizes that his time in captivity have robbed Quinn of his faith in God and apparently, his love for her. The man who has come back to her is a stranger. Cassie struggles to keep alive the hope that there is a future for their marriage, their family and the love they once shared.
Old 03-12-2013, 12:20 AM   #101
bookratt
Wizard

Paradise Valley (The Daughters of Caleb Bender Book #1) [Kindle Edition]
Dale Cramer (Author)

http://www.amazon.com/Paradise-Valle...154606011_f_56

Quote:
An Amish settlement in Ohio has run afoul of a law requiring their children to attend public school. Caleb Bender and his neighbors are arrested for neglect, with the state ordering the children be placed in an institution. Among them are Caleb's teenage daughter, Rachel, and the boy she has her eye on, Jake Weaver. Romance blooms between the two when Rachel helps Jake escape the children's home.

Searching for a place to relocate his family where no such laws apply, Caleb learns there's inexpensive land for sale in Mexico, a place called Paradise Valley. Despite rumors of instability in the wake of the Mexican revolution, the Amish community decides this is their answer. And since it was Caleb's idea, he and his family will be the pioneers. They will send for the others once he's established a foothold and assessed the situation.

Caleb's daughters are thrown into turmoil. Rachel doesn't want to leave Jake. Her sister, Emma, who has been courting Levi Mullet, fears her dreams of marriage will be dashed. Miriam has never had a beau and is acutely aware there will be no prospects in Mexico.

Once there, they meet Domingo, a young man and guide who takes a liking to Miriam, something her father would never approve. While Paradise Valley is everything they'd hoped it would be, it isn't long before the bandits start giving them trouble, threatening to upset the fledgling Amish settlement, even putting their lives in danger. Thankfully no one has been harmed so far, anyway.
Whispersync for Voice
Now you can switch back and forth between reading the Kindle book and listening to the Audible audiobook.

Add the professional narration of Paradise Valley (The Daughters of Caleb Bender Book #1) for a reduced price of $6.99 after you buy this Kindle book.
Old 03-12-2013, 12:59 AM   #102
bookratt
Wizard

Elijah, Steps to a Life of Power [Kindle Edition] Bob Saffrin (Author)

http://www.amazon.com/Elijah-Steps-L..._154606011_f_5

Quote:
This book is a guide, tracking the life of the Old Testament prophet Elijah, to discover God’s plan for us, and learn how to receive his power to accomplish that plan.
Each of our lives is a story with a sum total that adds up to something. What does your life add up to so far? What will people say about you when your story ends? Will you make a difference? When people talked about Elijah, they said that the purpose of his life was to turn the hearts of the people back to the worship of the one true God. They said that his mission was: “…to make ready a people prepared for the Lord.”

God has given you a purpose and a mission as well. God has a plan for every life. My hope for you as you read this book is that when you are done you will not be satisfied, but hungry, hungry to hear the infinite God of the universe speak to you as a lover speaks to his bride. I pray that you will finish, panting for more.
Old 03-13-2013, 01:57 AM   #103
bookratt
Wizard

Love Gives Life: A Study of 1 Corinthians 13 [Kindle Edition]
Evan May (Author)

http://www.amazon.com/Love-Gives-Lif...154606011_f_20

Quote:
We are to pursue love as we seek spiritual gifts because love gives life to gifts and love outlives gifts. That's Paul's main idea in 1 Corinthians 13, and this study will help you not only to see that in the text but to seek it in your life.

The thirteenth chapter of First Corinthians is about having a love strategy. Paul relativizes what we tend to value most (usually our personal distinctives and niches), places love in central view, and summons us to use every power and resource we have for the good of those whom God has placed in our lives. This is the excellent way of love, and it is worthy of our pursuit.

Here's what others are saying about this work:

If you’re like me, you have either heard or taught love from 1 Corinthians 13. You may even think that you have heard most, if not all of the insights of 1 Corinthians 13. I did. That is, until I read Evan May’s take on the text. Evan brings us into Paul's thoughts in a clear and engaging way, which is somewhat hard to do. Not only that, he brings clarity to the definition of love which has been hijacked and is now defined as “undogmatic” and “untheological.” However, love is very dogmatic and very theological. In a world where social media has made us, “fall for the delusion that what makes us significant is mainly what causes us to stand out from everyone else, rather than what helps us to serve everyone else,” what we all need now is a little bit of love, properly understood that is. Read this book!
Curtis Allen
Rap artist Voice, author of Education or Imitation: Bible Interpretation for Dummies Like You and Me

In this short, helpful book, Evan shows us why love is so crucially important, and why we must pursue love above everything else. If we don’t have love, we don’t have anything. It doesn’t matter how gifted or “spiritual” we are. Evan repeatedly points us to the path of love and shows why love is one of the most important dynamics of the Christian life.
Stephen Altrogge
Pastor, songwriter, and author of The Greener Grass Conspiracy: Finding Contentment On Your Side of the Fence and Create: Stop Making Excuses and Start Making Stuff

Evan May’s Love Gives Life: A Study of 1 Corinthians 13 is a good example of what Paul says in 1 Cor. 14:26, “Let all things be done for building up.” It is brief, unpretentious, but says what must be said to bring the message of the “love chapter” to the heart of the reader. May has been personally moved by Paul’s words, and he wants to convey to us the same blessing he has found. He has a wonderful gift for simple, conversational writing, with the most natural and appropriate illustrations. He never assaults the reader, but nurtures him gently, so that we find ourselves growing in grace, almost by surprise. No academic trappings here, but May’s understanding of the passage is substantial. I hope that many take the opportunity to learn from this book.
Dr. John Frame
Professor of Systematic Theology and Philosophy at Reformed Theological Seminary and author of the Theology of Lordship series

The apostle Paul told his dear friend Timothy, with regard to Christian discipleship, “The aim of our charge is love that issues from a pure heart and a good conscience and a sincere faith.” That is, love is the necessary consequence of the Gospel he preached. Today, that charge is unfortunately blanched by all manner of social and cultural influences, reduced to the idea that “love” is somehow synonymous with quiet and unconditional acceptance. My dear friend Evan May looks back to Paul as the apostle reminded his students in Corinth about the true meaning of love, and why it actually changes the world. The study notes Evan has produced ought to sting a little as we remember that somehow the love of God is both patient and unrelenting toward wrongdoing, both kind and truthful, both eternal
and immediate. I recommend this study without qualification, and hope to see more from Evan in the future.
Frank Turk
Speaker, writer, and blogger
Old 03-13-2013, 07:53 PM   #104
bookratt
Wizard

Available for free again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bookratt View Post
Hazardous Duty (Christian mystery) (Squeaky Clean Mysteries) [Kindle Edition]
Christy Barritt (Author)

http://www.amazon.com/Hazardous-Chri..._154606011_f_3
Old 03-15-2013, 08:03 AM   #105
bookratt
Wizard

The Way of Grace (Miller's Creek Novels) [Kindle Edition]
Cathy Bryant (Author)

http://www.amazon.com/Grace-Millers-...154606011_f_34

Quote:
In pursuit of justice, in need of grace . . .

A justice-seeking perfectionist pursues her dream of a perfect life in her hometown of Miller’s Creek, Texas. Sidetracked by a desire to be a prosecuting attorney, Grace Soldano launches into uncharted waters, making herself over to please her boss and mentor.

Then a disheveled free spirit turns her perfectly ordered world upside down, challenging the concept of personal goodness. A fall from perfection leaves Grace teetering between vengeance and grace, caught in a deadly crossfire that leaves her dreams in a heap of ashes.

Can she learn to joyfully accept the life God has given her–far from perfect–but completely immersed in His grace?