Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 10-14-2012, 08:40 AM   #1
melmac
Wizard
melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS650, Sony T3
Free Australian books from Kobo - The Australian newspaper promo

Hi
The Australian Newspaper is giving away 12 free Australian books one each day from Kobo. The first is The Marmalade Files By Lewis Steve & Uhlmann Chris Promo code is MARMALADE
Quote:
An imaginative romp through the dark underbelly of politics by two veteran Canberra insiders. When seasoned newshound Harry Dunkley is slipped a compromising photograph one frosty Canberra dawn he knows he′s onto something big. In pursuit of the scoop, Dunkley must negotiate the deadly corridors of power where the minority Toohey Government hangs by a thread - its stricken Foreign Minister on life support, her heart maintained by a single thought. Revenge. Rabid Rottweilers prowl in the guise of Opposition senators, union thugs wage class warfare, TV anchors simper and fawn ... and loyalty and decency have long since given way to compromise and treachery. From the teahouses of Beijing to the beaches of Bali, from the marbled halls of Washington to the basements of the bureaucracy, Dunkley′s quest takes him ever closer to the truth - and ever deeper into a lethal political game. Award-winning journalists Steve Lewis of News Ltd and Chris Uhlmann from the ABC combine forces in this arresting novel that proves fiction is stranger than fact.
Note the book is only availalbe 1 day and the first only has a few hours left.

The second book is The Queen: Elizabeth II And The Monarchy By Ben Pimlott Promo code QUEEN its available already
Quote:
An updated edition of Ben Pimlotts classic biography of the Queen: There is no better biography of Elizabeth II. PETER HENNESSY, Independent on Sunday. The royal family have been through a tumultuous decade, but with the wedding of Prince William to Kate Middleton, Prince Philips 90th birthday and the forthcoming Diamond Jubilee celebrations, there is renewed interest and appreciation of our monarchy. The Queen is an in-depth look at the woman at the centre of it all and is the only biography to take Elizabeth II seriously as the subject of historical biography, or to examine the influences that formed her and the ideas she represents.Ben Pimlott (described by Andrew Marr in the Independent as the best writer of political biography now writing) treats the Head of State to the rigorous and objective scrutiny he applied to major political personalities, using a wide range of sources, including interviews, diaries and letters, and papers in the Royal Archives.The Queen looks at the social, political and psychological aspects of his subject in detail, as well as at the changing role of Monarchy in the British Constitution. In the process, the book displays all the authors formidable analytic and narrative skills, and provides a gripping yet sensitive account of one of the most publicised - yet least known - figures of our time. It is vital reading for all those who care about public life in Britain - past, present and to come.
I am not sure if these will be available to other regions but I suspect probably not. I will post further codes as they become known. Thanks goes to fmckenzie over at ozbargains for originally posting the deal.
melmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 08:44 AM   #2
elemenoP
Wizard
elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Sony 650
Awww, I love Australian books! (I'm reading a book by Kate Grenville right now.) I clicked on the link and it said "content not available internationally."

eP
elemenoP is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-14-2012, 09:45 AM   #3
Catlady
Grand Sorcerer
Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire, Kindle Paperwhite, AGPTek Bluetooth Clip
Quote:
Originally Posted by elemenoP View Post
Awww, I love Australian books! (I'm reading a book by Kate Grenville right now.) I clicked on the link and it said "content not available internationally."

eP
Maybe try it again--I'm in the U.S. and I was just able to get The Queen for free. Thanks, Melmac!
Catlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 09:47 AM   #4
melmac
Wizard
melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catlady View Post
Maybe try it again--I'm in the U.S. and I was just able to get The Queen for free. Thanks, Melmac!
Excellent news I suspect it will be hit and miss some available US/UK some not
Old 10-14-2012, 09:51 AM   #5
Catlady
Grand Sorcerer
Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire, Kindle Paperwhite, AGPTek Bluetooth Clip
Quote:
Originally Posted by melmac View Post
Excellent news I suspect it will be hit and miss some available US/UK some not
I see now that the first one, The Marmalade Files, isn't available internationally, but The Queen was. So, yes, it does look like the availability will vary.
Catlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-14-2012, 05:37 PM   #6
elemenoP
Wizard
elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Sony 650
I see The Queen available for US$11.64. That's ok, I don't consider a biography of Queen Elizabeth II a very interesting *Australian* book anyway.

eP
elemenoP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 05:51 PM   #7
koland
Grand Sorcerer
koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle(all), nook, nookcolor, Sony, Kobo, epic, iphone, iPad, pc
Quote:
Originally Posted by elemenoP View Post
I see The Queen available for US$11.64. That's ok, I don't consider a biography of Queen Elizabeth II a very interesting *Australian* book anyway.

eP
They are/were a colony, after all.

Free with code (even in the US).
koland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 05:52 PM   #8
saki
saki ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.saki ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.saki ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.saki ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.saki ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.saki ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.saki ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.saki ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.saki ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.saki ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.saki ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kindle Paperwhite, Lenovo Tab M8 FHD, Pixel 7a
Thanks for the information. Its hit or miss here in the US. The coupon for the Queen worked and the Marmalade Files were not even available.
saki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 07:15 PM   #9
hwlester
Wizard
hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-T1, Kindle Touch, misc. Android devices, Nook HD+
Quote:
Originally Posted by saki View Post
Thanks for the information. Its hit or miss here in the US. The coupon for the Queen worked and the Marmalade Files were not even available.
I tried changing my address and using an Australian proxy, but the Marmalade Files one didn't even give me a place to enter the promo code. I was trying just for the hell of it, so no big deal.
hwlester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 10:08 PM   #10
koland
Grand Sorcerer
koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle(all), nook, nookcolor, Sony, Kobo, epic, iphone, iPad, pc
Quote:
Originally Posted by hwlester View Post
I tried changing my address and using an Australian proxy, but the Marmalade Files one didn't even give me a place to enter the promo code. I was trying just for the hell of it, so no big deal.
I gave up because it tried to get me to fill in an Australian address and to verify my credit card to that address (seems to be a requirement to get your address to change at Kobo these days).

Can't even see the Marmalade Files book, here.
koland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 01:49 AM   #11
bgalbrecht
Wizard
bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch, Kobo Glo HD, Kobo Clara HD, Kindle 4
I suppose I shouldn't complain about a free book, but it looks like The Queen is missing the plates (photographs) from the print book. If so, shame, Harper Collins.
bgalbrecht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 02:06 AM   #12
melmac
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgalbrecht View Post
I suppose I shouldn't complain about a free book, but it looks like The Queen is missing the plates (photographs) from the print book. If so, shame, Harper Collins.
Interestingly when you search for the book in Kobo's store there are two versions listed one specifically states that there are no photos and the other doesn't say either way but I think perhaps neither have the photos
Old 10-15-2012, 09:08 AM   #13
melmac
Wizard

Day 3 and the book is Complete Poems by Banjo Paterson Promo code - BANJO

Quote:
When a young man submitted a set of verses to the BULLETIN in 1889 under the pseudonym ′The Banjo′, it was the beginning of an enduring tradition. Today Banjo Paterson is still one of Australia′s best-loved poets. This complete collection of his verse shows the bush balladeer at his very best with favourites such as ′A Bush Christening′, ′The Man from Ironbark′, ′Clancy of the Overflow′ and the immortal ′The Man from Snowy River′. These well-known verses are joined here by his comic verse, his remarkable war poems, including ′We′re All Australians Now′, and lesser known works.
Old 10-15-2012, 09:26 AM   #14
hwlester
Wizard
hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-T1, Kindle Touch, misc. Android devices, Nook HD+
Quote:
Originally Posted by melmac View Post
Day 3 and the book is Complete Poems by Banjo Paterson Promo code - BANJO
Not available in the US. Thanks for posting these, though. Perhaps a couple more will be still be available in the US.

Last edited by hwlester; 10-15-2012 at 09:29 AM.
hwlester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 12:22 PM   #15
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Quote:
Originally Posted by bgalbrecht View Post
Yes, the photos are missing but the cartoons are included.

Also while the footnotes are there, they do not appear as links which makes them of very limited use.

I was glad to get it free a it sounded interesting, but not something I'd pay close to $12 for although I'm not as interested in reading it with some content missing.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote