Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Self-Promotions by Authors and Publishers

Notices

Old 12-16-2011, 03:26 PM   #1
ZakShareef
Zak Shareef
ZakShareef began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Combination of magic and martial arts with a hint of scifi

A Wizard's Role

Wands are for pretenders. Staffs for the impotent. Magic is an Art, and the only thing a real Wizard uses to create is his mind.

Joshua Awen casts spells as easily as he argues the theory behind them. During the school year he's a prodigy, but the summers are a different story. He chooses to spend those in a place where he can't work with the subtle, complex, and powerful force he was born to. He trains to fight with a simpler, rougher, brutal kind of magic.

The summer before his senior year Joshua has to do more than train. He's asked to use his full range of abilities to help the man who taught him how to fight. The consequences of his decision force Joshua to delve into the nature of his magic and reconsider what he believes a Wizard should do with his power.
ZakShareef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2011, 07:38 AM   #2
carpetmojo
Wizard
carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony- T3, PRS650, 350, T1/2/3, Paperwhite, Fire 8.9,Samsung Tab S 10.5
Are cakes involved ?
carpetmojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2011, 12:53 PM   #3
ZakShareef
Zak Shareef
ZakShareef began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
No. There is french toast though. Cakes would have been a better move. Curse me and my lack of imagination.
ZakShareef is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
contemporary fantasy, martial arts, pop culture, zak shareef