Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Bookeen

Notices

Old 12-25-2009, 01:06 PM   #91
tompe
Grand Sorcerer
tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Nexus 5, Kindle PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Would you mind taking a photo of this so I can see what you are talking about please?

Last edited by tompe; 12-25-2009 at 01:08 PM.
tompe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2009, 01:42 PM   #92
ProfJulie
Evangelist
ProfJulie has learned how to read e-booksProfJulie has learned how to read e-booksProfJulie has learned how to read e-booksProfJulie has learned how to read e-booksProfJulie has learned how to read e-booksProfJulie has learned how to read e-booksProfJulie has learned how to read e-books

Device: whatever
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaero View Post
One question to anyone with 1.5 software version: Is it still possible to hide headings, status bar, etc., during reading, so only the text of the book is shown? I hate such things, they distract me.
Yes, you can still hide those things.
ProfJulie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2009, 03:39 PM   #93
fiery
fiery began at the beginning.

Device: Cybook Opus
Backup current firmware?

Is there a way to backup the current firmware of my Cybook Opus in case I want to revert to the original system?
fiery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2009, 04:21 PM   #94
Jovvi
Connoisseur
Jovvi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jovvi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jovvi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jovvi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jovvi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jovvi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jovvi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jovvi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jovvi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jovvi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jovvi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Gen3, Cybook Opus, iPad and HTC Wildfire (Android)
I´m not sure it worked for me, how can you see if the upgrade is sucsessful? I have an Opus from october. What version/build shold the Opus show if the upgrade was sucsessful? Bookeen doen´t say, as far as I can see...

Clara
Jovvi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2009, 04:22 PM   #95
Crusader
Space Cadet
Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T1, Cybook Opus, Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jovvi View Post
I´m not sure it worked for me, how can you see if the upgrade is sucsessful? I have an Opus from october. What version/build shold the Opus show if the upgrade was sucsessful? Bookeen doen´t say, as far as I can see...

Clara
Well the install screen shows a message after it is completed and asks for a reboot. If you have a successful install it should show firmware version 2 build 1094 (if I remember correctly).
Crusader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2009, 04:34 PM   #96
Jovvi
Connoisseur
Jovvi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jovvi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jovvi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jovvi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jovvi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jovvi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jovvi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jovvi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jovvi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jovvi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jovvi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Gen3, Cybook Opus, iPad and HTC Wildfire (Android)
Oh right! Now it worked!
Jovvi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2009, 06:32 PM   #97
Godzil
a pthread?? where? where?
Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Newton MessagePad 2100, and only this
1093 for the Mobi version and 1094 for the ePub version
Godzil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2009, 06:33 PM   #98
Jozawun
Fanatic
Jozawun ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jozawun ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jozawun ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jozawun ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jozawun ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jozawun ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jozawun ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jozawun ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jozawun ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jozawun ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jozawun ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Gen 3, Pocketbook 902, Sony 650
It simply doesn't install for me. When I press the navigation button, it still just continues on to the library page. I have tried two different cards with the same result. In each card the computer shows the extracted update file.
Has anybody any ideas as to what I am doing wrong?
Jozawun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2009, 06:47 PM   #99
Godzil
a pthread?? where? where?
Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Newton MessagePad 2100, and only this
Does your SD card show up in the library?

Which version of the firmware do you currently have?
Godzil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2009, 06:55 PM   #100
fiery
fiery began at the beginning.

Device: Cybook Opus
Impressions of the new ePub firmware v2.0

1. The "Crop Margins" option works very well on my PDFs. I no longer need the PDFEdit application to crop those white margins that waste so much space on my Opus.
2. The bug with the missing SD card on start-up is not fixed, yet. Sometimes it appears, sometimes not.

@JOZAWUN
Try to format your SD in FAT32. Then put the update_kernel file there. Mine was formatted in FAT (FAT16) by default. Bookeen requires that SD card must be in FAT32. Notice that on Windows Vista and 7 you will need some third party utility as Seagate DiscWizard to format your SD card in FAT32. Also, make sure that you hold the center button. In my first attempt I found that I was holding also the right navigation button and it started as usual. Then I put the reader on a desk and with my index finger on the center key it worked fine
fiery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2009, 07:00 PM   #101
Jozawun
Fanatic
Jozawun ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jozawun ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jozawun ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jozawun ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jozawun ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jozawun ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jozawun ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jozawun ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jozawun ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jozawun ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jozawun ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godzil View Post
Does your SD card show up in the library?

Which version of the firmware do you currently have?
No, all that shows in the library is the E Ink blurb.
I have 1.2 (build 802).
Old 12-25-2009, 07:03 PM   #102
tompe
Grand Sorcerer
tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Nexus 5, Kindle PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by JOZAWUN View Post
It simply doesn't install for me. When I press the navigation button, it still just continues on to the library page. I have tried two different cards with the same result. In each card the computer shows the extracted update file.
Has anybody any ideas as to what I am doing wrong?
You have to hold the enter button pressed for 10-20 seconds. It did not work with a couple of seconds as the instruction said.
tompe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2009, 07:11 PM   #103
Jozawun
Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiery View Post
1. The "Crop Margins" option works very well on my PDFs. I no longer need the PDFEdit application to crop those white margins that waste so much space on my Opus.
2. The bug with the missing SD card on start-up is not fixed, yet. Sometimes it appears, sometimes not.

@JOZAWUN
Try to format your SD in FAT32. Then put the update_kernel file there. Mine was formatted in FAT (FAT16) by default. Bookeen requires that SD card must be in FAT32. Notice that on Windows Vista and 7 you will need some third party utility as Seagate DiscWizard to format your SD card in FAT32. Also, make sure that you hold the center button. In my first attempt I found that I was holding also the right navigation button and it started as usual. Then I put the reader on a desk and with my index finger on the center key it worked fine

BINGO; it worked when I put it on the desk and pressed down hard with a cylindrical communication device (or, pencil). Thanks for the suggestion. I wasn't being stupid, just ham-fisted!
Old 12-26-2009, 01:36 AM   #104
Oldtribe
Oldtribe can illuminate an eclipseOldtribe can illuminate an eclipseOldtribe can illuminate an eclipseOldtribe can illuminate an eclipseOldtribe can illuminate an eclipseOldtribe can illuminate an eclipseOldtribe can illuminate an eclipseOldtribe can illuminate an eclipseOldtribe can illuminate an eclipseOldtribe can illuminate an eclipseOldtribe can illuminate an eclipse

Device: CyBook Gen3
Quote:
Originally Posted by fiery View Post
Try to format your SD in FAT32.
I had a 1GB SD card formatted as FAT16, and the firmware upgrade worked just nice. No problems at all.
Oldtribe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2009, 04:42 AM   #105
kacir
Wizard
kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 360, before it was Sony Reader, cassiopeia A-20
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by mitja_i View Post
· (Bookeen exclusive!) Browsing mode: while reading and also in the “Library”, keep next/prev. page button pressed to enter ultra-fast pagination mode (works on all Cybook hardware).
Yes, if you hold the page turn button down, you will get fast page flipping with the 600 & 700.
He. He. He.
Guess what happens when you keep page forward [or page back] button pressed on the oldest of them all - Sony PRS-500?
It enters the fast page browsing mode ;-)

And I am not doing to describe PocketBook 360 ;-)
kacir is offline   Reply With Quote