Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Ectaco jetBook

Notices

Old 08-30-2010, 11:43 AM   #1
Jabby
Jr. - Junior Member
Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Archos, Asus, HP, Lenovo, Nexus and Samsung tablets in 7,8 and 10"
EPUB Line spacing

I was playing around with my JB over the weekend and found a few things that might interest fellow JB/JBL users.

I was perusing Feedbook looking for books that I had read , and liked, as a boy to see what I would think of them now. I ran across the Tarzan books and downloaded a couple in both mobi and epub. I put them on both my Kindle and Jetbook. The mobi formatting was much better so I added the mobi books to Calibre and converted them to epub and tried again. The epub formatting on the Jetbook was now greatly improved. Now tthat was a surprise!

Now, I normally read in landscape mode because it is comfortable to me and places the page turner right under my thumb. I also have old tired eys and find 24pt font a tad to small and therefore use the 32pt font. (How about a 28pt font?) The Jetbook puts too much space between lines for may taste and thereby fewer lines per page. I then I remembered that I had read that Calibre had some control over line spacing. Time to experiment.

To make a long story short..... You can click on convert and select mobi to epub. Next click on "look and feel" and set the line height to a value to your liking. The larger the point size the wider the line spacing. I ended up with 10.0 pt. At this setting the hangy down parts of the letters above occasionally collide with the stick up parts of the letters below. This does not bother me but may some.

Note: If you experiment with the line spacing delete the current epub file before you do a new convert.

Regards and have fun! - John
Jabby is offline   Reply With Quote