Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Uploads - Patricia Clark Memorial Library > Offline > BBeB/LRF Books (offline)

Notices

Old 07-10-2007, 08:07 PM   #1
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Goodis, David: Cassidy's Girl. v1. 10 July 07

An absolute classic noir novel. In fact, just about anything by David Goodis is classic noir.

Here's one opinion on this book:

"David Cassidy is caught between two women. One woman, an alcoholic lost soul emanating good represents a second shot at former greatness. The other woman, voluptuous and iron willed drives his dark lusts, offers him bodily bliss and inevitable doom. Of course, the usual array of bums, losers, rummy philosophers and tender-hearted whores populate this work, giving the book that dreary, broken bottle, rainy sky, desolate and realistic feel of forlorn hope. Goodis is to NOIR what Poe was to horror, that is to say that Goodis transcends genre, concerning himself less with plot and stereotypes of stupid cops, sadistic killers and tough guy PIs but more about revealing the alchemy of the dark desires that drive the human spirit away from happiness and towards self-destruction."

I hope you like it; - Give him a read and see if this is your type of fiction. Goodis really does transcend the noir genre, or perhaps elevates it to heights unknown.

Don

Last edited by Patricia; 04-06-2008 at 08:13 PM. Reason: moved to US server.
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2007, 03:05 PM   #2
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
When I first saw the title of this thread, I read it as David Cassidy's Girl. And I was thinking, who would want to read something like that?
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-18-2007, 03:26 PM   #3
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
Ha! I did the same thing, JSWolf!
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2007, 03:47 PM   #4
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Now that's funny!!!

And I'd to agree with you. Who'd want to read anything about David Cassidy, or his girlfriend?!???!!!

Funny!

Don

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
When I first saw the title of this thread, I read it as David Cassidy's Girl. And I was thinking, who would want to read something like that?
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2007, 05:13 PM   #5
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
And the next question that suggests itself is: "which one?" (of his girls, I mean)
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert