Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 12-19-2006, 03:11 PM   #1
farscott
farscott began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-500
Hello from Scott

I am a new e-reader from the American southeast. I was in a Borders store on Sunday morning and saw the new Sony Reader. The display really impressed me as did the reality of a library in my hands. Went home, did lots of research, found this site (which helped me quite a bit as there is nothing better than honest feedback from people using the product), and bought the Reader this morning from the same Borders store.

Fought with the Connect web site for a bit, got it to work after a call to technical support, and downloaded a dozen or so books. Started reading the first of my new e-books. I love the Sony Reader. For all of their recent problems, the Sony people did a great job with the Reader. The Connect site seems to be a bit buggy to me (like a late build Beta), and I hope that a lot of content is added.

I need to fiddle with the manybooks.net site as my next project.
farscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2006, 03:19 PM   #2
Bob Russell
Recovering Gadget Addict
Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Hi Scott.

Glad you found us. And welcome to the e-ink book reading world!
Bob Russell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2006, 04:33 PM   #3
Rp3
Rp3 began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-500
Quote:
Originally Posted by farscott
I am a new e-reader from the American southeast. I was in a Borders store on Sunday morning and saw the new Sony Reader. The display really impressed me as did the reality of a library in my hands. Went home, did lots of research, found this site (which helped me quite a bit as there is nothing better than honest feedback from people using the product), and bought the Reader this morning from the same Borders store.

Fought with the Connect web site for a bit, got it to work after a call to technical support, and downloaded a dozen or so books. Started reading the first of my new e-books. I love the Sony Reader. For all of their recent problems, the Sony people did a great job with the Reader. The Connect site seems to be a bit buggy to me (like a late build Beta), and I hope that a lot of content is added.

I need to fiddle with the manybooks.net site as my next project.
Your new like me, and I love it just the same. Didn't have any issues with Connect store as you though.

This site helped me as well, very informative and nice peoples.

Rp3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2006, 03:07 PM   #4
farscott
farscott began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-500
Thanks for the kind welcome.
farscott is offline   Reply With Quote