Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 05-21-2009, 12:03 PM   #31
DixieGal
Hi There!
DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffC View Post
do they come in pairs ?
Just mention wrinkly balls of leathery flesh, and this happens!
DixieGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 12:08 PM   #32
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by DixieGal View Post
Just mention wrinkly balls of leathery flesh, and this happens!

And Geoff does it again - running headlong into a subconscious inuendo trap ....

Last edited by GeoffC; 05-21-2009 at 12:14 PM.
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-21-2009, 12:14 PM   #33
DixieGal
Hi There!
DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Hey, I had some good chocolate this morning. There is a plague of Amish bread going around at work, you know, somebody makes a "starter" with yeast and such, then as the writhing mass of teeming yeasts multiply and grow, they divide the "starter" up into ziploc bags and share them around.

So anyhow, girl in the next row of cubes made chocolate Amish bread with a cinnamon crust. OMG! It is like the best brownie ever! Just try not to think about what was in that ziploc bag that is who-knows-how-many generations of live and dead yeasts that has been passed around for weeks now.

But OHBOY could I eat that whole loaf with a big glass of cold milk!
Old 05-21-2009, 12:15 PM   #34
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffC View Post

And Geoff does it again - running headlong into a subconscious inuendo trap ....

And yet again ....
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 01:52 PM   #35
RickyMaveety
Holy S**T!!!
RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.

Device: Kindle and iPad
Quote:
RM, you are not allowed to say "shopping for skulls yesterday" without any other details. Make with the story, lady!
Geeze, the other day I was talking to a neighbor, and I said that I stopped for "gas and shoe laces" and she noted that I never worse shoes with laces, so why did I stop for shoe laces??

You people are all so nosey!! I swear! Tell someone you went shopping for skulls and they just have to know why. Sheesh.

All I had in the past was a Huichol skull and one I called "Bony Prince Charlie". I wanted to move them to the entry, but there was no way to hang them in a way that looked balanced. So, I purchased two longhorns. Usually you can get them at roadside stands or out of the backs of people's pick up trucks, but no one has been out lately, so I had to drive half way to Burnet to a store that sells them.

Oh, and the two other animals, lion and deer, are both Huichol artwork, and the various ceramics are miniatures from "Cow Parade." Which is an international art program. The entry has a mostly cow theme, with bits of Huichol art mixed in there.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0004s.jpg
Views:	221
Size:	237.0 KB
ID:	29400   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0003s.jpg
Views:	210
Size:	163.0 KB
ID:	29401  

Last edited by RickyMaveety; 05-21-2009 at 01:54 PM.
RickyMaveety is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-21-2009, 02:08 PM   #36
DixieGal
Hi There!

That is NOTHING like what I pictured!
Old 05-21-2009, 02:15 PM   #37
Bilbo1967
Not scared!
Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 10, Huawei M5 10
Wow, gotta love this thread; started out as a discussion of differences between British and American English pronunciation and then side-stepped into discussions of skulls in people's entrances, a brief foray into a 'testicle' innuendo on this and then a description of Amish bread...

...incidentally, I've never even heard of Amish bread. I know the words 'Amish' and 'bread' of course, I've just never seen them together - kind of like 'German' and 'humour', or 'American' and 'modesty' (don'cha just love these easily disproved sterotypes!)...

...anyway, just to get back on-topic a little as well, Worcester is pronounced Wuster (i.e. the 'oo' in Wooster is as in 'rook' and not as in 'boo'). Hope that makes sense?

Just so you know, I am English but went to University in Scotland. I was once mercilessly ridiculed for my pronunciation of a place in Scotland called Milngavie - shiny karma for any non-UK member who can give me a correct phonetical version of that!
Bilbo1967 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 02:17 PM   #38
RickyMaveety
Holy S**T!!!
RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.

Device: Kindle and iPad
Quote:
That is NOTHING like what I pictured!
Let me guess,you were picturing human skulls on pikes, black paint on the walls and flaming torches??
RickyMaveety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 02:19 PM   #39
DixieGal
Hi There!

That's a doozy of a word!

Milngavie: Is it mink-cow-uh?
Old 05-21-2009, 02:20 PM   #40
DixieGal
Hi There!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickyMaveety View Post
Let me guess,you were picturing human skulls on pikes, black paint on the walls and flaming torches??
Of course, but you didn't specify foyer instead of basement!
Old 05-21-2009, 02:21 PM   #41
Bilbo1967
Not scared!
Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
That's a doozy of a word!

Milngavie: Is it mink-cow-uh?
Afraid not!
Old 05-21-2009, 02:21 PM   #42
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by RickyMaveety View Post
My first thought was whether local kids were stealing the skulls off of the staked bodies in your front yard.
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 02:24 PM   #43
DixieGal
Hi There!

How's about:

Milngavie = mine coffee ?
Old 05-21-2009, 02:26 PM   #44
DixieGal
Hi There!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate the great View Post
My first thought was whether local kids were stealing the skulls off of the staked bodies in your front yard.
For anyone else, I would have imagined some sort of art project or maybe a music video. For Ricky, well, it could've been anything. Never even crossed my mind that it could be for such a pretty foyer!
Old 05-21-2009, 02:26 PM   #45
Bilbo1967
Not scared!

Quote:
How's about:

Milngavie = mine coffee ?
No again, I'm afraid.

One more guess and then I'll have to tell you all.