Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Development

Notices

Old 12-24-2019, 05:59 PM   #1
Pr.BarnArt
Addict
Pr.BarnArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pr.BarnArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pr.BarnArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pr.BarnArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pr.BarnArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pr.BarnArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pr.BarnArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pr.BarnArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pr.BarnArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pr.BarnArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pr.BarnArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook 902 / Ipad air/ kindle paperwhite
Debug calibre/plugins with visual studio

After trying for more than a day I have to ask what steps are needed totdebug calibre with visual studio 2017/2019.
I wanted it to use to migrate plugins for both python 2 and 3.
I tried all the things noted in: http://manual.calibre-ebook.com/develop.html and this https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=251201.
But they are based on VS2013.
I dit set CALIBRE_DEVELOP_FROM right and running calibre it uses the source code.
So I am stuck witch calibre 4.99 and the source of calibre-fork py3.
I only get: failed to attach debugger, Python interpreter not found.
Is there someone who can give me a lead.
(I also tried visual studio code,but without succes).

But after all just debuging calibre is not enough.
I need it for the plugins.
Which extra steps are needed to debug them, because plugins are zipped.

I am using win 7 - 64 bit, running calibre main on 32 bits and the 4.99.2 version at 64 bits. Debugging with python 3.6 or 3.7 64 bits.

Thanks in advance.
Pr.BarnArt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2019, 09:57 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
No idea, I've never actually used an IDE debugger myself, just print(). Why do you need a debugger?
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-25-2019, 02:24 AM   #3
Pr.BarnArt
Addict
Pr.BarnArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pr.BarnArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pr.BarnArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pr.BarnArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pr.BarnArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pr.BarnArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pr.BarnArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pr.BarnArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pr.BarnArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pr.BarnArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pr.BarnArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook 902 / Ipad air/ kindle paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
No idea, I've never actually used an IDE debugger myself, just print(). Why do you need a debugger?
I seems to me easier to analyse and correct code on the fly and run the new statement at once, steping back. I am used to c#.
Till now I indeed use print() and switch to editor, copy code and run calibre-debug again. I would like to avoid these steps ( talking about plugins).
Pr.BarnArt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2019, 05:59 AM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Weel, as I said, I have never used one, but the error you point to indicates your IDE is unable to find a python interpreter. Debugging in calibre works by running a remote python debugger inside the calibre code and the connecting to it in your IDE.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote