Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Uploads - Patricia Clark Memorial Library > ePub Books

Notices

Old 11-16-2014, 05:40 AM   #1
pynch
why in?
pynch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pynch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pynch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pynch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pynch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pynch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pynch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pynch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pynch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pynch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pynch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-350, Kobo Aura
Mansfield, Katherine: Complete Works | v.1.1 | Update 17 Nov 2014

This volume collects the complete writings of Katherine Mansfield (1888–1923, Wikipedia):

Click image for larger version

Name:	cover.jpg
Views:	496
Size:	169.1 KB
ID:	131157

IN A GERMAN PENSION [1911]

BLISS AND OTHER STORIES [1920]

THE GARDEN PARTY AND OTHER STORIES [1922]

THE DOVES’ NEST AND OTHER STORIES [1923]

POEMS [1923, 1930]

SOMETHING CHILDISH AND OTHER STORIES [1924]

THE LETTERS: VOLUME I [1928]

THE LETTERS: VOLUME II [1928]

JOURNAL [1928]

THE ALOE [1930]

NOVELS AND NOVELISTS [1930]

THE SCRAPBOOK [1939]

UNCOLLECTED TEXTS

The texts of the books are sourced from the New Zealand Electronic Text Collection, but I have fully proofed all of them against print copies and corrected thousands of mistakes. As these texts should be fairly reliable now, they also contain the original page numbers hidden in the code, which show only if you delete the “display: none” attribute for <ins> in the stylesheet.

The uncollected texts have been ocr’d and proofread from the Edinburgh Edition of the Collected Fiction or from the magazines in which they were published. According to B.J. Kirkpatrick’s bibliography of Katherine Mansfield, some poems were published in magazines which are not in the Poems volume; I might add them in a later update.

There are the usual inline tables of contents, links after each text/chapter to get back to the respective tables, and alphabetical indexes for stories, poems, and authors reviewed. The dates of first publication are noted whenever available.

Best regards,
pynch.

Update | v.1.1 | 17 Nov 2014
Deleted a line from the stylesheet that caused problems for the kepub plugin.

Previous downloads: 69.
This work is assumed to be in the Life+70 public domain OR the copyright holder has given specific permission for distribution. Copyright laws differ throughout the world, and it may still be under copyright in some countries. Before downloading, please check your country's copyright laws. If the book is under copyright in your country, do not download or redistribute this work.

To report a copyright violation you can contact us here.
Attached Files
File Type: epub Mansfield - Works v.1.1.epub (2.56 MB, 1275 views)

Last edited by pynch; 02-04-2016 at 08:30 AM.
pynch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2014, 06:04 AM   #2
doubleshuffle
Unicycle Daredevil
doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aura HD (R.I.P. After six years the USB socket died.) tolino shine 3
Splendid. I'll start reading at once. I'm sure it will go well with my lunch - bread soup, and just the right consistency.
doubleshuffle is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-16-2014, 01:20 PM   #3
anacreon
Guru
anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Elipsa, Sage
Thank you once again. I only had the stories, and am pleased to now have her letters and journals too. It complements nicely Virginia Woolf's letters.
anacreon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2014, 12:53 AM   #4
anacreon
Guru
anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Dear Pynch,

I had a problem with the kepub version, as converted when transferred with the koboextended plugin: the characters were medium grey even within the letters, which is where I started to read - it usually applies to TOCs mainly - and I lost lines top and bottom. Also the police was not modifiable. I solved it converting epub to epub in calibre: I add page { margin-bottom: 5pt; margin-top: 5pt;} and suppress style police, margin and spacing. Somewhat brutal but it works.
Do you have a suggestion for something less brutal via Sigil? I usually go through Sigil anyway to add one or more depth level to the TOC (one for Mansfield).

Thank you again.

EDIT: forgot to explain that I prefer to read with header and footer.

Last edited by anacreon; 11-17-2014 at 12:55 AM.
Old 11-17-2014, 02:01 AM   #5
pynch
why in?
pynch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pynch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pynch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pynch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pynch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pynch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pynch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pynch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pynch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pynch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pynch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I don’t really know, but could you try if it works with the attached file?

Quote:
Originally Posted by anacreon View Post
Dear Pynch,

I had a problem with the kepub version, as converted when transferred with the koboextended plugin: the characters were medium grey even within the letters, which is where I started to read - it usually applies to TOCs mainly - and I lost lines top and bottom. Also the police was not modifiable. I solved it converting epub to epub in calibre: I add page { margin-bottom: 5pt; margin-top: 5pt;} and suppress style police, margin and spacing. Somewhat brutal but it works.
Do you have a suggestion for something less brutal via Sigil? I usually go through Sigil anyway to add one or more depth level to the TOC (one for Mansfield).

Thank you again.

EDIT: forgot to explain that I prefer to read with header and footer.

Last edited by pynch; 11-17-2014 at 02:52 AM.
Advert
Old 11-17-2014, 02:49 AM   #6
anacreon
Guru

Dear Pynch,

The test works for colour and police, and for cropped bottom line. It didn't at first for cropped bottom, before I created a TOC to level 3 (it should have been 3 and not 2 in my previous post).

Strangely, page breaks disappear in the kepub version, between TOC and dedication and introduction and each individual letter - it is fine with the reader included in calibre. I think I'll stay with the converted initial version.

Thank you.
Old 11-17-2014, 03:00 AM   #7
pynch
why in?

Update | v.1.1 | 17 Nov 2014

Strange, indeed.

I’ve attached the new file to the main post.
Old 11-17-2014, 05:34 AM   #8
Jellby
frumious Bandersnatch
Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Orizon, Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by anacreon View Post
The test works for colour and police
Note to others: "police" is font in French

Quote:
Strangely, page breaks disappear in the kepub version.
Not so strange, apparently the kepub reader does not support pagebreaks, except between different files.
Jellby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2014, 06:21 AM   #9
anacreon
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jellby View Post
Not so strange, apparently the kepub reader does not support pagebreaks, except between different files.
Now I understand: the "minimal" conversion with just top and bottom margin does split the html files, it seems intelligently since the little I've read in the tram this morning splits when KM moves from one place to the other, which makes "chapters" (I choose numbering per chapters) of some 5 kobo pages instead of 165 for the first "block" before. It also means the number of pages went from 1766 to 2551, and the weight from 2.57 to 3.12 MB.