Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 02-25-2014, 06:12 PM   #76
unoprata
unoprata is a glorious beacon of lightunoprata is a glorious beacon of lightunoprata is a glorious beacon of lightunoprata is a glorious beacon of lightunoprata is a glorious beacon of lightunoprata is a glorious beacon of lightunoprata is a glorious beacon of lightunoprata is a glorious beacon of lightunoprata is a glorious beacon of lightunoprata is a glorious beacon of lightunoprata is a glorious beacon of light

Device: Kobo Glo
Yeah, epub images zooming is still not working...
Wanted this feature as well...
unoprata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2014, 09:02 PM   #77
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inferio View Post
Hey guys,
I update my Glo today from 3.0.1 to 3.2.0 and my Pocket app simply disappeared. Any ideas? (the same thing happened to me when I went from 3.0.1 to 3.1.0 and I solved it by going back to 3.0.1)
Have you tried going to Settings => Accounts and signing into your Pocket account?

Regards,
David
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-25-2014, 09:08 PM   #78
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canuck_in_Japan View Post
I get the vertical thing but why right to left? It's the same in Japan. When Chinese writing was invented were most people left handed or something?
The explanation I once got was that when reading a scroll, it was more natural to let the dominant right hand do most of the work winding the scroll so the scroll wound from left to right. So a vertical format with the next line on the left of the current line was more (or less) natural.

Regards,
David
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2014, 01:42 AM   #79
Inferio
Inferio is a marvel to beholdInferio is a marvel to beholdInferio is a marvel to beholdInferio is a marvel to beholdInferio is a marvel to beholdInferio is a marvel to beholdInferio is a marvel to beholdInferio is a marvel to beholdInferio is a marvel to beholdInferio is a marvel to beholdInferio is a marvel to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
Have you tried going to Settings => Accounts and signing into your Pocket account?

Regards,
David
Yes, I did. Unfortunately Pocket Account disappeared absolutely from Accounts (and so did Pocket Settings from the main menu).
Inferio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2014, 01:19 PM   #80
chrisridd
Guru
chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura, Kobo Aura ONE, Marvin 3
Has anyone in the UK got this update over the air yet?

I sync my Aura twice a day and ... nothing. I'm almost tempted to grab the zip directly but I'd like to see OTA updates work.
chrisridd is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-26-2014, 01:31 PM   #81
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inferio View Post
Yes, I did. Unfortunately Pocket Account disappeared absolutely from Accounts (and so did Pocket Settings from the main menu).
I seem to recall a Japanese user having a similar issue until they changed the store affiliate. I'll look for that thread....
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2014, 01:57 PM   #82
J_K
Enthusiast
J_K is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.J_K is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.J_K is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.J_K is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.J_K is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.J_K is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.J_K is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.J_K is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.J_K is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.J_K is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.J_K is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.

Device: H2O 2, Aura 2, Clara HD, Touch
I manually updated my Touch to 3.2.0. The wi-fi bug (where you cannot reconnect if you turn wi-fi off until you reboot) was not fixed.

And the removal of the font sharpness setting in 3.2.0 is, for me, a backwards move on the Touch.

Increase the weight and it just increases sharpness too, giving a jagged appearance. I think text looks best with a high weight setting but a lower sharpness setting, giving text a smoother appearance.

I have downgraded.

On the plus side, I am impressed with how easy it is to upgrade and downgrade. Thanks to this forum for the links and info.
J_K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2014, 02:34 PM   #83
vice-versa
whippet addict
vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo, Kobo Aura 6", Kobo Glo HD, Kobo Aura One, Kobo Sage
As for myself, I'm on the contrary very happy with the new advanced font settings. I've never managed to get such a sharp font before. I'm not bothered with jagged appearance of the font, but that can be because, I set a very small font (I hate big letters, it tires me). As you said, it's such an easy thing to upgrade or downgrade thanks to mobile forum members, that you can try and keep it or leave it wether you like it or not.

I'm not sure, but on my Aura 6" page turning seems faster as on the whole, the device itself
vice-versa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2014, 03:10 PM   #84
jdta09
jdta09 has met Morla.jdta09 has met Morla.jdta09 has met Morla.jdta09 has met Morla.jdta09 has met Morla.jdta09 has met Morla.jdta09 has met Morla.jdta09 has met Morla.jdta09 has met Morla.jdta09 has met Morla.jdta09 has met Morla.

Device: Kobo Aura Edition 2
I'm in the UK and got it yesterday on my Glo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisridd View Post
Has anyone in the UK got this update over the air yet?

I sync my Aura twice a day and ... nothing. I'm almost tempted to grab the zip directly but I'd like to see OTA updates work.
jdta09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2014, 03:35 PM   #85
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterT View Post
I seem to recall a Japanese user having a similar issue until they changed the store affiliate. I'll look for that thread....
Check out https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=228951
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2014, 05:10 PM   #86
arasyi
Zealot
arasyi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arasyi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arasyi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arasyi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arasyi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arasyi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arasyi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arasyi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arasyi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arasyi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arasyi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

This firmware update broke my glo
The touchscreen becomes nonresponsive.
After fresh boot the system recognize my touch only once, but then the screen freeze.
Mine is from Rakuten, I changed the affiliate from RakutenIchiba to KoboIndigo.
Haven't had issue any issue updating until firmware 3.1.1.
No Idea why this happened.
Factory reset seems to fix the issue, although it still sucks to lose my reading stats.
arasyi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2014, 05:14 PM   #87
chrisridd
Guru
chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura, Kobo Aura ONE, Marvin 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdta09 View Post
I'm in the UK and got it yesterday on my Glo.
What is your affiliate set to?
chrisridd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2014, 08:03 PM   #88
meeera
Grand Sorcerer
meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, iPadMini4, iPad4, MBP; support other Kobo/Kindles
Quote:
Originally Posted by arasyi View Post
This firmware update broke my glo
The touchscreen becomes nonresponsive.
[...]
Factory reset seems to fix the issue, although it still sucks to lose my reading stats.
Did you have a hack installed, such as the two-finger brightness swipe?
meeera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2014, 08:22 PM   #89
Nick Payne
Connoisseur
Nick Payne can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'Nick Payne can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'Nick Payne can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'Nick Payne can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'Nick Payne can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'Nick Payne can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'Nick Payne can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'Nick Payne can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'Nick Payne can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'Nick Payne can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'Nick Payne can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'

Device: Kobo Clara HD, Kobo Libra H2O
On Aura HD, I notice with FW 3.2.0 that when I bring the reader out of sleep, the entire screen momentarily flashes negative (white text on a black background) before resuming its normal appearance.
Nick Payne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2014, 08:35 PM   #90
jgoguen
Generally Awesome Person
jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD, Kindle Oasis
I'm trying to find a better way to detect available updates as early as possible. With that interest in mind, could people who receive updates early (within a week of launch or less) please PM me your serial number, a guess as to how long after release you wait for the update. and your model (Glo, Aura HD, etc.)? I'm looking to see if there's some sort of pattern I could use to concoct a serial number that receives early update notices. The more the merrier, but please don't post your serial number publicly and please only send information if you're sure your update comes within a week of release. Since we don't know when Kobo actually hits the big red release button, you can work based on first mention on MobileRead.
jgoguen is offline   Reply With Quote