Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 11-27-2014, 08:43 AM   #1276
Tanjamuse
Wizard
Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: none
It has fixed my problem.
Tanjamuse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2014, 09:44 AM   #1277
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiapDealer View Post
The very first item on the change list (at least the update I got) was about fixing page order issues (in some cases).
Yay!!!
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-27-2014, 12:09 PM   #1278
peaceridge
Guru
peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura1, Nexus7.2, Galaxy Tab A 8.4, Ipad Air & Mini 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
Yay!!!
Yay from me, too!!
peaceridge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2014, 11:34 AM   #1279
fbrII
F. BluDevil
fbrII ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrII ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrII ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrII ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrII ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrII ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrII ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrII ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrII ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrII ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrII ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad3 pro, Kobo Libra, Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
I don't really utilize library ebooks, so I haven't actually tried Overdrive in while, but regardless of that ... I'm not into reading one book in one app and one book in another. I prefer "one reader to rule them all in the darkness bind them."

I download all the various Android reading apps from time to time (the ones people talk about anyway) just to see if any of them have changed enough to grow on me, but so far no dice. Mantano suits me well. The very rare occasions that I've ever had any trouble with it were almost invariably due to wonky books. And I'm perfectly happy to fix the occasional wonky book.

(I also don't hesitate to uninstall the app, delete the database and all the extra files that the uninstall leaves behind, and re-install from scratch if things get weird after many, many accumulating updates).

Funny you should mention that. Several years ago Mantano was my go to reader then I ran into some issues causing me to switch. Yesterday tried it again and now I am thinking about going back. I have never been completely happy with the font collection but on the other hand as an all around book reader - organizer, I think it's the best.
fbrII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2014, 11:35 AM   #1280
Tanjamuse
Wizard
Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

I'm pretty sure you can add your own fonts to Mantano.
Advert
Old 12-07-2014, 11:43 AM   #1281
Jabby
Jr. - Junior Member
Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Archos, Asus, HP, Lenovo, Nexus and Samsung tablets in 7,8 and 10"
In the root directory you will find the Mantano folder. Open it and place your fonts in the fonts folder.
Jabby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2014, 07:33 AM   #1282
fbrII
F. BluDevil
fbrII ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrII ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrII ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrII ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrII ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrII ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrII ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrII ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrII ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrII ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrII ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad3 pro, Kobo Libra, Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jabby View Post
In the root directory you will find the Mantano folder. Open it and place your fonts in the fonts folder.
Thanks for the tip Jabby I will give it a try
fbrII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2014, 06:08 PM   #1283
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Kudos to Mantano who after PayPal didn't correctly cancel my Sub to their Cloud subscription last year even though it said it was. I got $10 taken out yesterday. Sent a quick email asking for a refund and got one right away.

I haven't use the Cloud service in ages. I found it too unreliable and it like to corrupt my books.
Old 12-19-2014, 08:46 AM   #1284
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Anybody figure out how to make these newest versions of Mantano always show the full library, instead of defaulting to the "Currently Reading" and the "Recently Added" filtered views (talking about the Book Shelf)? It's a tiny thing, but it bugs me. "Home" should show my preferences; I already know what I'm currently reading and I don't care what you think is "New and Noteworthy."

Last edited by DiapDealer; 12-19-2014 at 08:50 AM.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2014, 07:29 PM   #1285
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Anybody figure out how to make these newest versions of Mantano always show the full library, instead of defaulting to the "Currently Reading" and the "Recently Added" filtered views (talking about the Book Shelf)? It's a tiny thing, but it bugs me. "Home" should show my preferences; I already know what I'm currently reading and I don't care what you think is "New and Noteworthy."
Others are complaining about this and ads for books being on the latest version.
Old 12-19-2014, 07:59 PM   #1286
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
Others are complaining about this and ads for books being on the latest version.
I can see why. I don't even care so much about the book promotions. My beef is that the "Import" utility is now an extra tap away when I fire up Mantano for the first time. The View settings, Refresh and Import options should be right there where I want them to be. Nevermind the fact that "Currently Reading" and "Recently Added" are utterly useless to me. I just want my Bookshelf. Where do I need to go to bitch about it?
Old 12-19-2014, 09:09 PM   #1287
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
I can see why. I don't even care so much about the book promotions. My beef is that the "Import" utility is now an extra tap away when I fire up Mantano for the first time. The View settings, Refresh and Import options should be right there where I want them to be. Nevermind the fact that "Currently Reading" and "Recently Added" are utterly useless to me. I just want my Bookshelf. Where do I need to go to bitch about it?
Google Play and Mantano Support site.
Old 12-20-2014, 01:08 AM   #1288
Tanjamuse
Wizard

I wrote to them yesterday, and asked that they at least make it something that could be turned of.

I'll be back when I hear from them.
Old 12-20-2014, 09:19 AM   #1289
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer

Do you still need to have a Google+ account to rate and comment on apps in the Play Store?
Old 12-20-2014, 09:20 AM   #1290
Tanjamuse
Wizard

Yes, but I've contacted the Support via their homepage