Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK > Nook Color & Nook Tablet

Notices

Old 03-03-2011, 01:14 AM   #1
Belle2Be
Peace, Love, and Books
Belle2Be ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belle2Be ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belle2Be ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belle2Be ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belle2Be ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belle2Be ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belle2Be ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belle2Be ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belle2Be ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belle2Be ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belle2Be ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3(3g), NookColor
rooted Nook?

Hey, does anyone know if you can use the Dropvox app on your rooted Nook? Or something similar?
Also, is it possible to watch movies on it? Is there a way to root it without the Micro SD?

Last edited by Belle2Be; 03-03-2011 at 02:10 AM.
Belle2Be is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 11:36 AM   #2
afv011
Captain Penguin
afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Nook Glowlight
Quote:
Originally Posted by Belle2Be View Post
Hey, does anyone know if you can use the Dropvox app on your rooted Nook? Or something similar?
Also, is it possible to watch movies on it? Is there a way to root it without the Micro SD?
Yes, you can install the DropBox app. There are other apps offering similar services.
Yes, you can watch movies, there is a long thread on that subject.
No, you need a SD card to root.

Please do a search, all your questions have already been answered.
afv011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-03-2011, 01:51 PM   #3
NoName
Zealot
NoName ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NoName ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NoName ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NoName ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NoName ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NoName ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NoName ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NoName ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NoName ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NoName ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NoName ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0, HTC Evo LTE
As far as I can tell, DropVox records voice to save on DropBox, and there isn't a microphone to talk into. Also, I couldn't find DropVox in Market.

There's another app called Catch that syncs notes, pictures, and voice notes, but I tried it on the NC and it kept force closing. Settings was just a black page and voice notes forced closed. It's an app that I have on my phone so I know the NC behavior is not normal.
NoName is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 02:14 PM   #4
questionfear
Connoisseur
questionfear once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.questionfear once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.questionfear once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.questionfear once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.questionfear once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.questionfear once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.questionfear once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.questionfear once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.questionfear once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.questionfear once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.questionfear once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Amazon Kindle 3
It's possible that Catch (and DropVox) are looking for microphone hardware and not finding it is leading to the issues.

AFAIK the very similar Evernote works on the NOOKColor, so there's a sub for Catch at least.
questionfear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 02:31 PM   #5
Belle2Be
Peace, Love, and Books
Belle2Be ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belle2Be ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belle2Be ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belle2Be ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belle2Be ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belle2Be ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belle2Be ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belle2Be ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belle2Be ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belle2Be ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belle2Be ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3(3g), NookColor
Alright thank you! I wasn't sure if NC had a mic or not, I know the Kindle supposedly has a "Secret" one or something. I'll check out Evernote
Belle2Be is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-03-2011, 04:07 PM   #6
NoName
Zealot
NoName ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NoName ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NoName ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NoName ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NoName ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NoName ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NoName ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NoName ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NoName ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NoName ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NoName ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0, HTC Evo LTE
I used to have a little mic that plugged into my iPod Touch but I'm not sure if I ever used it, so can't say if it ever worked. Tried it with my NC with Catch when all it did was force close. Just decided to try it with the Touch and it didn't work (the mic) so not sure if a plug in mic would work with the NC or not. As far as Catch goes, I don't think the force close was because of the inop mic - think it just doesn't like the NC.
NoName is offline   Reply With Quote