Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Development

Notices

Old 12-16-2019, 08:06 PM   #1
bnick
bnick began at the beginning.

Device: none
Document Management Lite

I rarely, if ever, post, so I'll be brief. I have used Calibre as a quasi Document Management System for years now. If you think about it, treating a monthly bill 'statement' is no different than a 'book'.
This works reasonably well with virtual libraries & tags, etc. for organization, but I wonder if using the entire folder overhead is justifiable? The pros are that the s/w is rock solid and that today's cpu's make cycles obsolete. The cons are that I believe it is more inefficient than a SQL-type data structure of some type.
I would be willing to develop code in (presumably) Python if I had some direction that it all fit into some cohesive whole. I do NOT want to re-invent the wheel. If this is old territory, please let me know, so I may inform myself.
At any rate, I look forward to comments from all the wise gurus amongst you all
bnick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2019, 10:31 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
calibre libraries are SQLite databases, look at the file metadata.db in the calibre library folder.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote