Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Development

Notices

Old 10-31-2019, 06:57 PM   #1
kylecarroll
kylecarroll began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Help creating a very simple statistics plugin?

Hey all! I have a python program that I wrote which takes a CSV export from Calibre and gives you your stats such as Number of books owned, number read, average rating, titles of current reads, etc. Ever since I found out that development in Calibre is done in python, I've been wanting to move this functionality into Calibre itself so that all I have to do is press a button on the interface and have a pop up tell me all those fun stats.

However...I'm relatively new to Python. I can handle python on its own but I'm having trouble integrating it into Calibre. Can someone give me some pointers on how I would do this? I'm currently using the interface plugin demo as a starting point while I learn.

I was able to get all the text I need into a popup, but I can't figure out how to iterate over all of the book IDs and parse their metadata to create the variables (which would then be passed into the string of text).
kylecarroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2019, 07:28 PM   #2
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer
jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles
I suggest that you look at the existing plugins and find one or two that do something similar to what you need. You can then download, unzip, and examine the python code to see how they work.

Also check out documentation like the Plugin API and Database API.
jhowell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2019, 01:52 AM   #3
kylecarroll
kylecarroll began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Thanks! The Database API is exactly what I needed. Got it working now!
kylecarroll is offline   Reply With Quote