Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 04-09-2010, 06:29 AM   #1
TheHeartlessHero
Custom Icon Creator
TheHeartlessHero has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.TheHeartlessHero has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.TheHeartlessHero has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-505
Error Converting Zip Files w/ Multiple Formats

So I was converting some manga for use on my Sony Reader when I discovered an issue. Some of my files were not being converted into CBZ formats upon adding to calibre and would not convert into LRF. I looked into it and thought at first it was an issue with PNG files but have since discovered it is not. What is happening is that I have a zip file with both JPG images and PNG images in it. This causes calibre to to give an error resulting in an unconvertible file. One solution I found was to convert the files into one type of image (i.e. all png or or jpg), create a new archive, and it will then convert properly. Not sure if this has already been mentioned but I figured if it hasn't, some others could possibly benefit. Maybe a future version will be able to correct this so multi-format archived files can be converted properly.

Code:
ValueError:Could no find an ebook inside the archive

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\ui.py", line 1800, in convert_ebook
  File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\tools.py", line 39, in convert_single_ebook
  File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\convert\single.py", line 124, in __init__
  File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\convert\single.py", line 163, in setup_pipeline
  File "site-packages\calibre\ebooks\conversion\plumber.py", line 483, in __init__
  File "site-packages\calibre\ebooks\conversion\plumber.py", line 561, in unarchive
  File "site-packages\calibre\ebooks\conversion\plumber.py", line 572, in find_html_index
ValueError: Could not find an ebook inside the archive
TheHeartlessHero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2010, 07:04 AM   #2
banjomike
Addict
banjomike ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjomike ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjomike ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjomike ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjomike ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjomike ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjomike ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjomike ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjomike ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjomike ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjomike ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505,DSlibris,nook Glow & Simple & HD+,Tab S2,Moon+,Kobo Clara
Just try renaming the .zip file to .cbz before dragging it into Calibre, then Calibre will ASSUME it is a comic.

I created a zip file with a gif, a png, and a jpg, all different sizes (attached below). When it is named .cbz it imports and convert to lrf OK. If I name it .zip it does what you describe above.

I hope I read your problem correctly.
Attached Files
File Type: zip test1.zip (711.4 KB, 287 views)
banjomike is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-10-2010, 10:54 AM   #3
TheHeartlessHero
Custom Icon Creator
TheHeartlessHero has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.TheHeartlessHero has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.TheHeartlessHero has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-505
Yeah, that was my problem exactly. Good to know just renaming to CBZ will fix it. I'm sure a future update will fix the original problem in the first place. Thanks for the tip.

Another thing I just noticed is that when you import a cbz file, you can see a thumbnail of the first page. If you import a zip file and it's converted to a cbz file, you don't get that thumbnail.

Last edited by TheHeartlessHero; 04-10-2010 at 10:56 AM.
TheHeartlessHero is offline   Reply With Quote