Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 03-14-2011, 06:20 PM   #1
sovre
Zealot
sovre began at the beginning.

Device: iPad Mini; iPhone; Kindle Paperwhite (10th gen)
editing metadata

Is there any way to edit metadata for ebooks already on a Sony device? I don't see an option for this in Sony's library software. I also tried with Calibre--but so far as I can see Calibre does not allow editing for books actually on the device, only for those on my hard drive. Is there another application capable of doing this?
sovre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 08:47 AM   #2
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
If you have changed the metadata of a book in Calibre then resending the book to your reader should update the metadata on the reader.

There is an even easier way. If you have Calibre's Preferences - Sending books to device - Metadata management set to 'Automatic management' then the metadata for all books on your reader is synced with Calibre's metadata every time you connect. No resending required at all.

Big Caveat: if you have set up all your Sony Collections in any way other than by using Calibre - don't set to 'Automatic management' as calibre will overwrite them every time you connect.

FYI - A Sony reader keeps all book metadata in its own database (cache.xml), so editing the book whilst on the reader wouldn't really be helpful.

Last edited by jackie_w; 03-15-2011 at 08:51 AM. Reason: more info
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert