Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 10-26-2010, 02:52 PM   #1
Dulin's Books
Wizard
Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox PB360 etc etc etc
Exclamation US pricing for 602,902 and IQ

I dont have pricing for 603 or 903 yet but the pricing for the others is up at my site now

www.dulinsbooks.com

I don't have everything finished yet for all the pages but hope to have it done by the end of today. I do have the IQ page finished and would appreciate any critique http://www.dulinsbooks.com/android-d...pocketbook-iq/

Last edited by Dulin's Books; 10-26-2010 at 03:18 PM.
Dulin's Books is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 03:14 PM   #2
Logseman
Orisa
Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Poke 5
902:
$460 in Europe, $300 in the US.
602:
$270 in Europe, $170 in the US.
IQ:
$220 in Europe, $140 in the US.

I know, I know, more competition in the US, currency rates, tolls, tariffs and what not. I know it well, it's what I'm studying in my major. But still:

Last edited by Logseman; 10-27-2010 at 06:30 PM.
Logseman is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-26-2010, 03:24 PM   #3
El_Nino_Brian
El_Nino_Brian began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-500
Dulin,

the PB 902 looks like an impressive product, ready for head-to-head battle with the Kindle DXG. Do you also offer the 500+ free e-books?

Thanks.
El_Nino_Brian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 03:28 PM   #4
Dulin's Books
Wizard
Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Yes, of course. I think its amazing we are able to offer a 9.7" at this price. Our Premium(PB302 and Onyx Boox 60) 6" models were this price just a few months ago.
Old 10-26-2010, 04:08 PM   #5
Yar-PocketBooker
Fanatic
Yar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animals

Device: PocketBooks and Onyxes and anything E-Ink...
Pre-orders just started for 902, 602 and IQ on our website.

From what I know, the first lot of new models has been yesterday shipped out from China and will hit US soil in couple of weeks.
Yar-PocketBooker is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-26-2010, 08:53 PM   #6
katzki
Zealot
katzki will become famous soon enoughkatzki will become famous soon enoughkatzki will become famous soon enoughkatzki will become famous soon enoughkatzki will become famous soon enoughkatzki will become famous soon enoughkatzki will become famous soon enough

Device: sony prs 650
Your online store has a lot of useful information on Pocketbook products. I appreciate it.
One question I have is whether Pocketbook IQ has a capacitive touch screen as you described at the spec list. I thought it would be resistive considering its price.

and... anyclue on the prices of 603 and 903 in the USA? or I'm wondering whether 603 and 903 models are going to be available in the USA soon. TIA
katzki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2010, 01:03 AM   #7
jnarasim
jnarasim began at the beginning.

Device: None
Hi Dulins Books,

I see that you are based in PDX (that's awesome, since I go to school here). I can't wait to order the 902 from your site. There seem to be two packages listed for the 902 (with accessory pack and without). Do you happen to know what's included with the accessory pack with the 902, or can you point me to where it may be listed?

Thank you for the update!
jnarasim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2010, 01:13 AM   #8
Dulin's Books
Wizard

Hello Neighbor

I just finished putting the descriptions up on the site. Busy day for me.

The package includes a wall charger and 2GB SD card that are not included at the lower price.
Old 10-27-2010, 01:45 AM   #9
Hypernova
Hyperreader
Hypernova solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.Hypernova solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.Hypernova solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.Hypernova solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.Hypernova solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.Hypernova solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.Hypernova solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.Hypernova solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.Hypernova solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.Hypernova solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.Hypernova solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.

Device: Current: Boox Leaf2 (broken) Past: H2O, Kindle PW1, DXG;Pocketbook 360
Dulin,

My friend just place an order a few hours ago (before you even finished the page) from my recommandation. You got any discount for him?

On another note, when do you expect it to be shipped? We're from Eugene, OR, btw.
Hypernova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2010, 04:05 AM   #10
Fbone
Is that a sandwich?
Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Glowlight Plus
Do the Pocketbooks support B&N's DRM?
Fbone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2010, 04:28 AM   #11
mSSM
Connoisseur? Addict!
mSSM plays well with othersmSSM plays well with othersmSSM plays well with othersmSSM plays well with othersmSSM plays well with othersmSSM plays well with othersmSSM plays well with othersmSSM plays well with othersmSSM plays well with othersmSSM plays well with othersmSSM plays well with others

Device: Onyx M92
So... I have friends in the US who are coming to Germany frequently; also, family is travelling there.

Can anyone point out to me why I would get the European version of this device?
mSSM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2010, 08:39 AM   #12
beachwanderer
-
beachwanderer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beachwanderer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beachwanderer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beachwanderer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beachwanderer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beachwanderer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beachwanderer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beachwanderer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beachwanderer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beachwanderer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beachwanderer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Some
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dulin's Books View Post
... I think its amazing we are able to offer a 9.7" at this price. ...
Indeed. This will undoubtedly start an interesting discussion among the Europeans and at the german subform. Pocketbook-Officials over there, you better take cover now ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by mSSM View Post
Can anyone point out to me why I would get the European version of this device?
If you don't consider local warranty - No. I for one can not.
beachwanderer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2010, 08:48 AM   #13
fjtorres
Grand Sorcerer
fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: T100TA,PW2,PRS-T1,KT,FireHD 8.9,K2, PB360,BeBook One,Axim51v,TC1000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fbone View Post
Do the Pocketbooks support B&N's DRM?
No.
Just the baseline Adobe ADEPT DRM used by Kobo/Borders, Sony, Fictionwise and a zillion hole-in-the-wall ebook vendors.

Which is to say, everybody who isn't Amazon, B&N, or Apple.
Of course, smart publishers don't use DRM to start with.
fjtorres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2010, 08:49 AM   #14
mtravellerh
book creator
mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB360°
Quote:
Originally Posted by beachwanderer View Post
Indeed. This will undoubtedly start an interesting discussion among the Europeans and at the german subform. Pocketbook-Officials over there, you better take cover now ...

If you don't consider local warranty - No. I for one can not.
Yes, we know
I can't understand , either.

Last edited by mtravellerh; 10-27-2010 at 08:55 AM.
mtravellerh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2010, 09:07 AM   #15
fjtorres
Grand Sorcerer
fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: T100TA,PW2,PRS-T1,KT,FireHD 8.9,K2, PB360,BeBook One,Axim51v,TC1000
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtravellerh View Post
Yes, we know
I can't understand , either.
This has been debated 'round these parts ad infinitum.
It comes down to the fact that the cost of running a business and delivering a product to the customer (while making a decent profit) is lower in NorthAm and that currency exchange does not tell the whole story.

Pocketbook isn't doing anything any other electronics vendor isn't doing.
It is what it is.

Last edited by fjtorres; 10-27-2010 at 09:11 AM.
fjtorres is offline   Reply With Quote