Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Reading and Management

Notices

Old 07-18-2012, 02:20 PM   #1
maiki
maiki began at the beginning.

Device: none
Question regarding use of Mobipocket Reader for Windows Mobile

I don't know if this is the right forum for this question, but I couldn't find a better one. (I see a forum about the .mobi file format, but none specifically regarding usage of the mobipocket reader.) If there is a better forum for this question, feel free to move it there, moderator.

-----------

Windows Mobile 6.5 phone. I think the latest version of Mobipocket Reader for Windows Mobile, ber 5.3 build 582.

I can see how to create a reading list, and how to rename or delete one. However, I cannot see how to add books to one.

Furthermore, is the only way to have books show up in the library to move them to the folder called eBooks in main memory? I would prefer though, to keep the books on my storage card. MBP reader can open them from the storage card, with the "Open an e-book" command, set to All Folders (if one has renamed the books extension to .prc, as this version doesn't seem to understand the .mobi extension). however if I click "Library", those books do not show up there. I can set the library to show "My Reading List", but as said, I see no way to add books to the reading list. If I set it to "eBooks, it only shows books in the eBooks folder in main memory. (I tried creating a folder with the same name on the storage card, did not work.) If I set library to "All", it does not really show all the books.

How do I get the library to show my books, to make it simpler than having to use the "open an e-book" command?

Thanks in advance.
maiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 09:38 AM   #2
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 4 Color; Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
I don't have 6.5, but on my Mobile 2005, I have all my books on my storage card. I have them in a folder called "ebooks". Naturally, I forgot my PDA today (it's still in its cradle beside my PC at home...), but I believe there's an option for checking locations...

I'll come back to you about this!
Sweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote