Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 08-27-2010, 08:08 PM   #1
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer
tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 15PM, Kindle Scribe, iPad mini 6, PocketBook InkPad Color 3
No Audible content in Kindle Store yet?

According to the manual, there's supposed to be a section for 'Audible' on the Kindle Store page (there's even a screen shot showing this). I was hoping to try it out, but so far at least there are only the usual 4 categories: Books, Newspapers, Magazines, Blogs.

Wonder when they are going to turn this on?
tomsem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2010, 07:54 AM   #2
Jabby
Jr. - Junior Member
Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Archos, Asus, HP, Lenovo, Nexus and Samsung tablets in 7,8 and 10"
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomsem View Post
Wonder when they are going to turn this on?
Prior to the K3 wifi you had to download from Audible.com and then load over the USB. So - probably pretty soon.
Jabby is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-28-2010, 08:10 AM   #3
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer
tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Yes, the USB thing still works of course.

I checked with Amazon CS, the person I talked to couldn't tell me anything about when the documented feature would show up. Nor could he tell me if I'd be able access my audible library somehow. I tried going to audible.com directly to download, but the Kindle browser won't let you download anything that isn't .AZW, .MOBI, .PRC, or .TEXT. (but that's a subject for another thread...)
Old 08-28-2010, 10:19 AM   #4
trekchick
Lurker
trekchick can eat soup with a fork.trekchick can eat soup with a fork.trekchick can eat soup with a fork.trekchick can eat soup with a fork.trekchick can eat soup with a fork.trekchick can eat soup with a fork.trekchick can eat soup with a fork.trekchick can eat soup with a fork.trekchick can eat soup with a fork.trekchick can eat soup with a fork.trekchick can eat soup with a fork.

Device: Sonys and Kindles and Nooks, oh my!
My whole audible library is in my archive items. I bought a book on audiible yesterday and downloaded over wifi to my Kindle from the archive.

**update**
My (free) NYT audio digest is downloading from archives right now.

Last edited by trekchick; 08-28-2010 at 10:20 AM. Reason: update
trekchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2010, 11:12 AM   #5
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by trekchick View Post
My whole audible library is in my archive items. I bought a book on audiible yesterday and downloaded over wifi to my Kindle from the archive.

**update**
My (free) NYT audio digest is downloading from archives right now.
Very interesting. Can you describe the process more precisely? how did Audible know about your kindle?

The manual describes a 'one time sign-in process'. Where do I find that?
Advert
Old 09-03-2010, 12:55 AM   #6
ltamote
ltamote can extract oil from cheeseltamote can extract oil from cheeseltamote can extract oil from cheeseltamote can extract oil from cheeseltamote can extract oil from cheeseltamote can extract oil from cheeseltamote can extract oil from cheeseltamote can extract oil from cheese

Device: Sony PRS-505 (500 dead); PRS-600; Kindle 2; PRS-300; Kindle 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomsem View Post
Very interesting. Can you describe the process more precisely? how did Audible know about your kindle?

The manual describes a 'one time sign-in process'. Where do I find that?
In reply to your post and as a follow-up to this poster:

Quote:
Originally Posted by trekchick View Post
I'm not sure it's the best or right way to do it, but I stumbled into having my entire Audible library show up in Archived Items this way:

I used the Kindle 3 browser and navigated to audible.com. It said that Audible now supports your Amazon login info, which was interesting because I had logged on through my desktop a couple of hours earlier with no hint of this. Anyway, I went to my smartphone's browser and set up my Audible account to use my Amazon login information. Once that was done, I went back to my Kindle 3's browser and logged into Audible with the new Amazon info. The next day, all of my Audible library items showed up in the Kindle 3's "Archived Items" folder.
ltamote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010, 12:12 PM   #7
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ltamote View Post
In reply to your post and as a follow-up to this poster:

I'm not sure it's the best or right way to do it, but I stumbled into having my entire Audible library show up in Archived Items this way:

I used the Kindle 3 browser and navigated to audible.com. It said that Audible now supports your Amazon login info, which was interesting because I had logged on through my desktop a couple of hours earlier with no hint of this. Anyway, I went to my smartphone's browser and set up my Audible account to use my Amazon login information. Once that was done, I went back to my Kindle 3's browser and logged into Audible with the new Amazon info. The next day, all of my Audible library items showed up in the Kindle 3's "Archived Items" folder.
Fascinating. I just checked the Audible site, went to my account and found the link-to-amazon link. Indeed, Archives now shows all of my Audible content! I'm downloading one now (if you go to Home the menu has a 'View Downloading Items' option). Some of my audiobooks are pretty large, split into 7 parts etc., wonder how it handles that.

I guess we just need to wait for the Audible section to show up in the Kindle store.