Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 07-14-2010, 10:25 AM   #1
kaiynne
kaiynne began at the beginning.

Device: kindle2us
2.3.3 download link?

I have been having issues trying to update my US kindle to 2.5, I am currently on 2.0.4 and had the screen saver hack installed. I uninstalled it but still could not update, I have tried manually running 2.3 and 2.5 both fail.

So I stupidly decided to restore to factory defaults. I am currently in sydney and now apparently cannot register my kindle even though it is already registered to my account....

Does anyone have a link to download 2.3.3 for the k2us as I have yet to find it. Also am I stuck until I get the kindle back to the states?

Thanks for the help.
kaiynne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 09:45 AM   #2
kaiynne

bump...
Advert
Old 07-15-2010, 09:55 AM   #3
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
To find posts with download links, use the "Show Threads" button with the "Prefix" box set to "Firmware Updates" - this will list all the recent threads with links to updates. Be sure you absolutely match your Kindle version (K2US) with the correct version of 2.3.3 before you download and install.
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 06:18 PM   #4
kaiynne

trust me i have looked...

All of the links i have found are to the old amazon links which have now been updated to 2.5

Any help would be appreciated, surely someone has it.
Old 07-15-2010, 06:31 PM   #5
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=86755

Explore this thread - there are many links to .bin update files - be careful to choose one that matches your Kindle
Advert
Old 07-16-2010, 08:55 AM   #6
kaiynne

I appreciate the effort but all of the links in that thread are for k2i I have a k2us.

Surely someone out there has these files, I have searched for days you would think it was some sort of illicit file... For the love of god amazon just have a link on your site to the updates.
Old 07-16-2010, 09:29 AM   #7
poohbear_nc
Now what?

I see your dilemma. I've done a bit of poking around in the numerous threads and have found this one: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...63&postcount=5

I can't tell for sure from the description if it is for the K2US or K2i - you might want to contact the poster for clarification.

Failing that I suggest contacting Kindle Support for the appropriate files.
Old 07-23-2010, 05:41 AM   #8
kaiynne

thanks again for trying but gw stands for global wireless...

Might just have to contact kindle support.
Old 07-23-2010, 06:36 AM   #9
mgmueller
Member Retired
mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 26 Readers, 44 Tablets
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaiynne View Post
thanks again for trying but gw stands for global wireless...

Might just have to contact kindle support.
Just uploaded for you (K2 US, 2.3.3): http://rapidshare.com/files/40857342...dle2_2.3.3.bin

And just to make sure (K2 US, 2.3.3 to 2.5.2): http://rapidshare.com/files/40857441...dle2_2.5.2.bin

Last edited by mgmueller; 07-23-2010 at 06:42 AM.
mgmueller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 03:20 PM   #10
Seiyuuki
Seiyuuki began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle2
I also had problem with the update to 2.5, but your upload makes it quite easy.

After searching it so long a very special to you.

Really

It's a great forum here.
You all helped me so much.
Don't know how I could ever lived without you

Seiyuuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 07:55 AM   #11
kaiynne

Damn, I was away for a few days and couldn't check my email, and now the file has been deleted. I actually called amazon and they had no idea that you needed 2.3 first. Can yu please reup the file or email it to me? responded to PM.

Thanks again!
Old 07-28-2010, 03:03 PM   #12
mgmueller
Member Retired
mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 26 Readers, 44 Tablets
K2 US 2.3.3

Re-Uploaded (only 10 downloads, so Rapidshare has deleted the first one):
http://rapidshare.com/files/40964608...dle2_2.3.3.bin
mgmueller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 06:32 PM   #13
kaiynne

Thanks for reupping the file, will test it out tonight, hopefully it works. Otherwise I will have to try to jailbreak it and get in there to work out what is wrong.
Old 07-29-2010, 11:23 PM   #14
kaiynne

Unfortunately 2.3 did not work, but I did get the 2.5.4 update working eventually. For anyone who stumbles across this thread here is the solution I used.

Update was failing due to incorrect md5sum on the file framework.mario.conf so used the usb network hack to ssh in and view the file. It turns out that the file was never reverted back to the original format when I uninstalled the screensaver hack. This is a known issue with version 0.3. So I copied the current mario.conf file over to /mnt/us and edited it to point to the correct location, which should be /opt/amazon/screen_saver not /mnt/us/screen_saver once this was done I renamed the file framework.mario.conf.orig and then transfered the 0.3 screen saver hack uninstall bin to the kindle. After running the update the correct location was being referenced in the file so the update now worked fine.

Thanks for the help everyone!
Old 07-30-2010, 11:33 AM   #15
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
(Note that this is specific to the K2 US, AFAIK, not any of the SS hacks for K2I touched the framework config file). .
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote