Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Fictionwise eBookwise

Notices

Old 06-12-2010, 05:28 PM   #1
LeserattePD
Enthusiast
LeserattePD doesn't litterLeserattePD doesn't litter

Device: Ebookwise 1150, Kindle 3
Ebookwise Librarian Error opening\creating HOSTS fileerror=<5> Windows XP/Kaspersky

Hi everyone,

just to let everyone know about a problem I've encountered. I was just trying to download some books from Librarian into my ebookwise 1150, but whenever I clicked on online bookshelf, my ebookwise.com bookshelf came up, even though Librarian was open.

Fortunately, I noticed an error message in Librarian: Error opening\creating HOSTS fileerror=<5>, so I thought I'd look online and see what other ppl did. It appers that there is some permissions issues in Windows Vista and maybe Windows 7 as well, but I am running Windows XP and all folder permissions were ok.

After a few hours of trial&error and some serious digging by my IT engineer partner, he figured out that Kaspersky 2010 had placed all the Librarian executables in the "low restricted" category and that changing this to "trusted" got ridd of the problem!

Hope this helps

LeserattePD
LeserattePD is offline   Reply With Quote