Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 09-15-2010, 07:56 PM   #31
kindlezzz
Kindle Convert
kindlezzz began at the beginning.

Device: K3 > finally arrived!
FUBAR

Well I guess I'm Fubar'd. After having no luck with DHL Global web site tracking options I tried calling them, they transferred me to two different people that could not trace the # I provided from my Amazon account that clearly shows them as the shipper.

Got in touch with a very nice girl at Amazon who tried as well, apologizing profusely for putting me on hold a few times but she had no luck in calling them either.

So she transferred me to a Kindle support rep and after tracing some more and some other phone calls she made... she was about to wipe it off the books so to speak and call it Lost but they have asked me to wait until Monday > end of day. She's taken my cell phone # and promised to call me at 5pm Monday to see if it has arrived. Apparently they are seeing some packages just show up eventually in my parts

It's technically only a couple of days late anyway and I only selected standard shipping so I'm not going to get too excited about it. I'm pleased with their customer service at least !

Guess I'll be going through the whole process again on Monday evening if it does not show up by then. What are ya gonna do, these things are probably getting stolen left and right in transit right now...
kindlezzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010, 08:47 AM   #32
ChaoZ
Connoisseur
ChaoZ doesn't litterChaoZ doesn't litter

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Mini, Kobo Touch
My Kindle has left Kentucky via DHL. I selected one level above standard shipping, so hopefully my ordeal with DHL will be better.

Edit: I just noticed that Amazon's Arrival estimate has shifted a day later. The tracking number given by Amazon isn't recognized by DHL yet either.

Last edited by ChaoZ; 09-16-2010 at 10:39 AM.
ChaoZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-16-2010, 09:02 AM   #33
foghat
Evangelist
foghat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foghat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foghat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foghat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foghat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foghat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foghat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foghat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foghat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foghat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foghat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW3
Kindlezzz, take comfort in you are not the only one.

Mine was supposed to show up on the 14th (according to Canada Post). Still nothing yesterday. I phoned CP again - they say the last record they have of it was being scanned in Toronto on the 9th. They made me call Amazon to have Amazon put a trace on the package - whatever exactly that means.

The amazon rep, said they would work with DHL and DHL would work with Canada Post to try figure things out. Am supposed to hear back in 24 to 48 hours. I suspect the thing is lost and Amazon will have to ship me another.

Frustrating to say the least.
foghat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010, 10:45 AM   #34
Samantha45
Connoisseur
Samantha45 herds cats with both ease and graceSamantha45 herds cats with both ease and graceSamantha45 herds cats with both ease and graceSamantha45 herds cats with both ease and graceSamantha45 herds cats with both ease and graceSamantha45 herds cats with both ease and graceSamantha45 herds cats with both ease and graceSamantha45 herds cats with both ease and graceSamantha45 herds cats with both ease and graceSamantha45 herds cats with both ease and graceSamantha45 herds cats with both ease and grace

Device: Kobo, Kindle 3
This is the path mine took:

September 15, 2010 03:59:00 PM EDMONTON AB CA Delivered
September 15, 2010 09:30:00 AM CALGARY AB CA Departure Scan
September 15, 2010 09:10:00 AM CALGARY AB CA Arrival Scan
September 15, 2010 06:27:00 AM Sioux Falls SD US Departure Scan
September 15, 2010 06:11:00 AM Sioux Falls SD US Departure Scan
September 15, 2010 06:07:00 AM CALGARY AB CA Completed customs clearance process
September 15, 2010 06:07:00 AM CALGARY AB CA Initiated customs clearance process
September 15, 2010 05:32:00 AM Sioux Falls SD US Arrival Scan
September 15, 2010 04:19:00 AM Louisville KY US Departure Scan
September 15, 2010 12:49:00 AM Louisville KY US Arrival Scan
September 14, 2010 10:05:00 PM Campbellsville KY US Departure Scan
September 14, 2010 06:44:00 PM Campbellsville KY US Shipment received by carrier
September 14, 2010 04:32:46 PM US Shipment has left seller facility and is in transit

I got it delivered to my work and it arrived at 4 pm (and I left at 3 pm ) no one has said anything about extra fees.
Samantha45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010, 10:58 AM   #35
Dwayne_Matheson
Connoisseur
Dwayne_Matheson is on a distinguished road

Device: Kindle 3 Wifi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Samantha45 View Post
I got it delivered to my work and it arrived at 4 pm (and I left at 3 pm ) no one has said anything about extra fees.
There are not supposed to be any extra fees. If they charge you fees, get the receipt and then email Amazon. Amazon charged you all the fees you needed to pay already and they should make this right. Did it happen to be UPS?
Dwayne_Matheson is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-16-2010, 12:13 PM   #36
foghat
Evangelist
foghat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foghat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foghat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foghat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foghat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foghat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foghat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foghat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foghat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foghat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foghat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

^ I read Samantha's reply to indicate she did not get charged. I think 'has' being the key word in the statement: "no one has said anything about extra fees."
Old 09-16-2010, 01:31 PM   #37
friktion
Zealot
friktion can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.friktion can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.friktion can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.friktion can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.friktion can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.friktion can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.friktion can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.friktion can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.friktion can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.friktion can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.friktion can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.

Device: Sony 700, Kindle 3Wi-Fi, Skytex Primer 7", Kindle Fire
Just received my 2 K3 WI-FI's. I had ordered September 9th, and my screen was not changing from "we'll email you when we get a date" etc.

So I upped my delivery (and paid a whopping $25 for 2) to the fastest 1-3 day delivery, and within an hour my notice said I cannot cancel the order, that it was in the process for shipping. Credit card charged on the 14th.

After 1-1/2 days checking online, yesterday night the notice changed to Shipped - delivery Sept. 17th (tomorrow). I live outside Montreal, QC, Canada and it was delivered 24 hours after shipment, believe it or not. By UPS, left at the door, no signature.

I have been reading on a Sony PRS700 for almost a year now, and just opened the Kindle screen. I CAN'T BELIEVE THE DIFFERENCE!

I would never have waited so long to change to the Kindle had I known. The beautiful and clear screen printing is a pleasure to read on.

Now I'm off to try and use Calibre - I'm converting all my ePubs to Mobis.

If you can afford it, I would suggest taking the Expedited shipping - it's well worth the money.

So, so happy!!!!!!

Susan
friktion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010, 02:17 PM   #38
Dwayne_Matheson
Connoisseur
Dwayne_Matheson is on a distinguished road

Device: Kindle 3 Wifi
Quote:
Originally Posted by foghat View Post
^ I read Samantha's reply to indicate she did not get charged. I think 'has' being the key word in the statement: "no one has said anything about extra fees."
I love the English language So expressive and yet confusing at the same time. Without reference it can be taken either way, and my state of mind this morning as taken it in the negative light... You are probably correct though, but I still dislike UPS.
Dwayne_Matheson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010, 02:51 PM   #39
kindlezzz
Kindle Convert
kindlezzz began at the beginning.

Device: K3 > finally arrived!
Thanks for that info Samantha, I think its obvious mine did not get far past its departure depot then based on the amount of scans you had.

Mine only has one scan: September 4, 2010 02:51:27 PM Lexington KY US Shipment has left seller facility and is in transit

But they still want me to wait until Monday

Think I will ask for Priority Shipping as a favor, will see what they say
kindlezzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010, 02:56 PM   #40
foghat
Evangelist

^ If they end up having to ship another one for me, better believe I am going to ask for the fastest shipping available. At no cost of course.
Old 09-16-2010, 06:05 PM   #41
JimCool
JimCool began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle3
Hi guys,

I am very disappointed Amazon's delivery system and tracking system. I ordered Kindle 3 on August 12. It was shipped on September 3 and estimated date was September 14.

I contacted Amazon, but they said that I should wait it until October 3. Also, they don't know where that is. I called Canada post. Canada Post said that they got informed, but the package is not arrived. Amazon Tracking system shows that the package is in Des Plaines IL US since September 8.

I can wait for longer time if they provide me with appropriate delivery schedule and estimate time, but the problem is that Amazon does take care of the package delivery after they sold it.

I think that we have to complain it to make Amazon better or improved.

Amazon is not shop based company. Amazon is based on Internet, so Internet shopping company must have decent ordering system, decent delivery system, and decent tracking system.
JimCool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010, 06:32 PM   #42
foghat
Evangelist

^Try phone DHL, they are the ones who handle it up the the border.
Old 09-16-2010, 07:33 PM   #43
speakingtohe
Wizard
speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony PRS-T1 and T3, Kobo Mini and Aura HD, Tablet
Quote:
Hi guys,

I am very disappointed Amazon's delivery system and tracking system. I ordered Kindle 3 on August 12. It was shipped on September 3 and estimated date was September 14.

I contacted Amazon, but they said that I should wait it until October 3. Also, they don't know where that is. I called Canada post. Canada Post said that they got informed, but the package is not arrived. Amazon Tracking system shows that the package is in Des Plaines IL US since September 8.

I can wait for longer time if they provide me with appropriate delivery schedule and estimate time, but the problem is that Amazon does take care of the package delivery after they sold it.

I think that we have to complain it to make Amazon better or improved.

Amazon is not shop based company. Amazon is based on Internet, so Internet shopping company must have decent ordering system, decent delivery system, and decent tracking system.
Unfortunately they cannot deliver each item personally.
As a Canadian I can sympathsize as I know how bad Canada Post's tracking system is. Even in Urban areas like Vancouver they will leave something with a neighbour or drop it outside your apartment building.

In the Territories the Post Office will send something back to the shipper because the person working that day doesn't recognize your name and therefore you don't exist.

Can't see what Amazon can do about that as Sears Canada or Future Shop and other Canadian companies have no means of controlling delivery within Canada.

Helen
speakingtohe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010, 08:13 PM   #44
SensualPoet
Wizard
SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, Kindle Paperwhite, Asus ZenPad 3, Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by kindlezzz View Post
Well I guess I'm Fubar'd. After having no luck with DHL Global web site tracking options I tried calling them, they transferred me to two different people that could not trace the # I provided from my Amazon account that clearly shows them as the shipper.
You are in Toronto? My impression is they deliver everything with UPS now. That's been my experience. UPS leaves a note stuck to the front door if they can't get a signature and it includes tracking details, phone number, and next date of expected attempt, typically next day.
SensualPoet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010, 11:27 PM   #45
ChaoZ
Connoisseur
ChaoZ doesn't litterChaoZ doesn't litter

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Mini, Kobo Touch
DHL Global still doesn't have Amazon's provided number on their system yet.
This is one instance I wish they shipped with UPS. I mean, wasn't DHL out of the biz in the U.S. anyways?
ChaoZ is offline   Reply With Quote