Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 02-14-2007, 08:52 AM   #31
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
Another nice link, sea2stars, I'll have to poke around there some. I think the CCFL stuff on the other site is more interesting, though, because it's already set up for battery operation (which is important), and it's only a few bucks more than the kit.

I haven't decided anything yet, though, and whatever I try out, MR will of course hear about it.
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2007, 04:36 PM   #32
Aprilbeginnings
Guru
Aprilbeginnings has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Aprilbeginnings has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Aprilbeginnings has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Aprilbeginnings has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Aprilbeginnings has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Sony PRS-500 /prs 650 soon
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMooch
Oh those are what my DH had at one time and I can't find them. I would have used those, LOL.......although with me wearing glasses to read, those might get in the way, ha ha....
Aprilbeginnings is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-23-2007, 04:38 PM   #33
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I'm thinking I might give this one a try:

Quote:
CoolGlo Full Spectrum Daylight

Brilliantly impressive. Pure white Full Spectrum lighting. Built with a longer base for self standing or clipping for the demanding musician.

.• Durable Gig Bag included
.• Best quality of light for reading music - greatly reduces eyestrain
.• Soft white illumination helps sheet music stands out with contrast and clarity
.• State-of-the-art CCFL (cold cathode fluorescent) mini-tube technology produces natural color light when and where you need it
.• Stays cool to the touch
.• Adjustable lamp head moves to point in virtually any direction
.• Clip-on to music stands or use a free standing task light on mixers and pianos
.• Compact fold-up design
.• CCFL mini-tube never needs replacing
.• Uses 4 AA batteries (not included) or available AC Adapter
(from the site sea2stars referenced above)

I'm suspicious that it might be a bit hard on batteries, but since it takes AA's I can use some of the NiMh rechargeables I already have, so it shouldn't be too bad.

Since it's supposed to be full spectrum, I'm hoping that'll help with the e-ink. We'll see.
Old 02-23-2007, 05:10 PM   #34
donovanh
Enthusiast
donovanh began at the beginning.

I used to have a pair like these:

http://www.theglowcompany.co.uk/acat...D_TORCHES.html

Handy if you want that DJ look
donovanh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2007, 08:24 PM   #35
vvaann
Enthusiast
vvaann began at the beginning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NatCh
I'm thinking I might give one a try:

I'm suspicious that it might be a bit hard on batteries, but since it takes AA's I can use some of the NiMh rechargeables I already have, so it shouldn't be too bad.
I am thinking to take another one from the same company. I will wait for your critical evaluation for the product out of there.
It goes with AC Adaptor and you do not need batteries at all if you use it. There is no problem with intensity of light over time as well.
vvaann is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-23-2007, 09:12 PM   #36
sartori
Connoisseur
sartori began at the beginning.

I bought this one -

I bought this one from Amazon

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...895863-5939951

I've only had it for a little while but the things I like about it are :

Nice bright light when on highest setting (there are two settings.)

The bulb is just a little shorter than the width of the reader screen so it lights the screen evenly across.

Once it's positioned well it casts a pretty even light across the whole screen, just a little drop off at the bottom of the screen.

If you use rechargeable batteries, it comes with a cable that lets your recharge them via USB.

The price is pretty good.

Once I've used it for a little longer I'll post back a my experiences.

Rob
sartori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2007, 01:29 PM   #37
NatCh
Gizmologist

Hmm. That one looks even better to me, sartori, now I have to think about the two of them
Old 02-25-2007, 08:24 AM   #38
astra
The Introvert
astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-650 & 505 & 500
sartori
Have you tried any other type of portable light before?
I wonder how bright it is. I have tried a few and they always seem like a joke. Not enough light at all. I am really curious about this one. It looks very promising.
astra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2007, 11:01 AM   #39
sartori
Connoisseur
sartori began at the beginning.

astra,

No this is my first, but I'm happy with it.
I find it bright enough to read by. The only thing I haven't tested yet is the run time. I like the fact that it uses AA batteries though - so I can keep a spare set of rechargeables in my bag.

The best thing I like is once I have it positioned correctly there is no glare and it lights pretty evenly.

If I get a chance later today I'll try to take some pictures of it on the reader so you can see how the screen is lit.

I think Amazons return policy is pretty good so you could always try it and if it doesn't work for you send it back.

Sartori

Last edited by sartori; 02-25-2007 at 11:04 AM.
sartori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2007, 11:03 AM   #40
astra
The Introvert
astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sartori
I think Amazons return policy is pretty good so you could always try it and if it doesn't work for you send it back.

Sartori
I would if I lived in the USA
But maybe I will try it anyway...
Old 02-25-2007, 11:26 AM   #41
NatCh
Gizmologist

Do you live in a country that has a 'local' version of Amazon, astra_lestat?

I s'pose you could always see what Verilux would do for you from their direct site.
Old 02-25-2007, 11:34 AM   #42
astra
The Introvert

Quote:
Do you live in a country that has a 'local' version of Amazon, astra_lestat?

I s'pose you could always see what Verilux would do for you from their direct site.
UK, but I didn't find the light anywhere in the UK. Thanks for the direct link anyway.
Old 03-07-2007, 12:47 PM   #43
NatCh
Gizmologist

Quote:
I'm thinking I might give this one a try:
[see post #33 above]
(from the site sea2stars referenced above)

Since it's supposed to be full spectrum, I'm hoping that'll help with the e-ink. We'll see.
Well, since sartori already has the Verilux one (post #36), I decided to go ahead and try this one. It's a good deal cheaper at Amazon (shocker!) than at the original site, only $20 rather than $30, and it should be arriving tomorrow evening. I'll let y'all know when I know what I know.
Old 03-07-2007, 01:52 PM   #44
Aprilbeginnings
Guru
Aprilbeginnings has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Aprilbeginnings has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Aprilbeginnings has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Aprilbeginnings has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Aprilbeginnings has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Sony PRS-500 /prs 650 soon
Wow, that one looks nice......... go figure after I buy my second one. I bookmarked the amazon and verilux page *JUST IN CASE*
Aprilbeginnings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2007, 05:50 PM   #45
NatCh
Gizmologist

Well, the UPS man managed to miss us yesterday, so I hopefully will get the light this evening.

Just in case anyone was wondering why I hadn't said anything about it today.

Tags
bug light booklight