Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 01-31-2010, 10:51 AM   #196
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by evdberg View Post
That is the cause of your problem. Units authorized after 19th of december are not able to read BBeB books anymore. Units authorized before that date can just read them fine as before.

What is the source of your information, please.

Don
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 08:26 PM   #197
EatingPie
Blueberry!
EatingPie puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.EatingPie puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.EatingPie puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.EatingPie puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.EatingPie puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.EatingPie puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.EatingPie puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.EatingPie puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.EatingPie puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.EatingPie puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.EatingPie puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.

Device: Sony PRS-500 (RIP); PRS-600 (Good Riddance); PRS-505; PRS-650; PRS-350
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Drib View Post
Good question.

I don't know what "authorized after November 19th" means, but my Reader came back last week and handles the two encrypted LRFs I'd previously purchased.

And did I say it was.... Faster!!!???

-Pie
EatingPie is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-02-2010, 08:39 PM   #198
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Drib View Post

Don
I believe this is based on the new release of the software. There is no method in the new software to authorize a device for LRX eBooks as no LRX are being sold any longer. Old devices can continue to use the eBooks they have. It is even unlikely that the server is running any longer that could do the authorizing but I don't know that for sure but it is a good hunch. Why leave it up?

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2010, 02:23 PM   #199
travelreader
travelreader began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS 500
Sony firmware upgrade nightmare

I sent my Sony PSR 500 in for the firmware upgrade. When it came back, it would not hold a charge and ran so very s l o w l y. Especially when I went from one font size to another. I had never had any trouble with my Reader before.
Then, before I could complain, I received a box and label from Sony to return my Reader, because of the above issues. Guess I was not the only one who had trouble.
So, I sent my reader off again, only to get it back damaged. The menu button was broken off.
I called Sony -- lots of time on hold. Took 4 phone calls to finally get someone to send me a shipping label to return it again for repair.
Just got it back today. Button STILL MISSING!
Again more calls to Sony. They are not being at all helpful. Just putting me on hold, then coming back saying I have to talk to the repair technician, who never calls back . . . etc . . . etc. . .
Anyone else having these issues? Is it worth it? Or should I give up and buy another brand?
travelreader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2010, 03:54 PM   #200
EatingPie
Blueberry!
EatingPie puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.EatingPie puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.EatingPie puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.EatingPie puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.EatingPie puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.EatingPie puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.EatingPie puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.EatingPie puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.EatingPie puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.EatingPie puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.EatingPie puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.

Device: Sony PRS-500 (RIP); PRS-600 (Good Riddance); PRS-505; PRS-650; PRS-350
Quote:
Originally Posted by travelreader View Post
I sent my Sony PSR 500 in for the firmware upgrade. When it came back, it would not hold a charge and ran so very s l o w l y. Especially when I went from one font size to another. I had never had any trouble with my Reader before.
Then, before I could complain, I received a box and label from Sony to return my Reader, because of the above issues. Guess I was not the only one who had trouble.
So, I sent my reader off again, only to get it back damaged. The menu button was broken off.
I called Sony -- lots of time on hold. Took 4 phone calls to finally get someone to send me a shipping label to return it again for repair.
Just got it back today. Button STILL MISSING!
Again more calls to Sony. They are not being at all helpful. Just putting me on hold, then coming back saying I have to talk to the repair technician, who never calls back . . . etc . . . etc. . .
Anyone else having these issues? Is it worth it? Or should I give up and buy another brand?
I had a similar thing happen. When it came back from the battery fix, a button was broken. I told Sony that I wanted a replacement, and they said since it was the 3rd Service Request, they would replace. They had me print a label and I sent the 500 back. It took about 2 days in service to get the call to verify I could get a replacement, and 4 days after that I had a refurb PRS-600 in hand.

Tell them up front you want a replacement when you call again. Be nice, but be direct. That's what worked for me.

-Pie
EatingPie is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-29-2010, 04:20 PM   #201
Spudmn
Spudmn began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader
Does anybody know if Sony will still upgrade your PRS-500 to EPUB. The link to the Sony site just sends you to the Sony Style home page.
Spudmn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 02:22 PM   #202
fuma218
fuma218 began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-500
Yes Spudmn, they will. I just got back my PRS-500 this past Monday from their service center in Texas. You will have to email or call their tech support to get the process started since, as you mentioned, the link no longer works.
fuma218 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2010, 12:24 PM   #203
corflame
corflame began at the beginning.

Device: Sony eBook Reader PRS-500
Did anyone in Europe get this update?

If you did, what did you have to do?

I would love to get this update, but the page on Sony's website doesn't offer any European zipcodes/service centers.

Last edited by corflame; 08-22-2010 at 12:27 PM.
corflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 09:39 AM   #204
htaylor
bookworm
htaylor began at the beginning.

Device: sony 500 and 505
That's good news that I can still get my 500 updated. As soon as my 505 (broken screen) gets back, I will give it a try. In fact I will call today and see if they will upgrade the 500. I will borrow my wife's 505 for a while. I have been using version 6.0.0 of Calibre to put books on or off of my 500.
htaylor is offline   Reply With Quote