Notices

View Poll Results: All Kindle owners
Is this your first DEDICATED e-book reader device? 74 37.95%
Did you sell your K1 and upgrade to K2? 9 4.62%
Did you keep your K1 and add K2? 30 15.38%
Do you own any other brand, and 'cross over'? 19 9.74%
I have a K1 and have no intention of buying the K2....its fine as is. 24 12.31%
I have a K1 and am waiting for reviews. 4 2.05%
I have a K1 and would love a K2 but its financially frivolous/impossible 5 2.56%
I don't have a dog in this fight, but I want to see the results! 30 15.38%
Voters: 195. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-24-2009, 06:47 PM   #46
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donnageddon View Post
Yes, it looks like an improvement on the K1, and under more stable economic conditions I would have one at my mailbox by week's end.
So, while the K1 is enjoyable, and usable... I would not wish to imply it is "fine as it it". That would imply the K2 is not an improvement.

But, do also understand that I am just yanking your chain.

Thanks for the added grey hairs.
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 08:03 PM   #47
RWood
Technogeezer
RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500
At DesertGrandma's request I have added a new option to the poll: "I have a K1 and would love a K2 but its financially frivolous/impossible"

Enjoy
RWood is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-24-2009, 08:03 PM   #48
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

In honor of Donnageddon, a mod has kindly added another option. (How do my polls keep growing so?? )
Old 02-24-2009, 08:08 PM   #49
UncleDuke
books & doughnuts
UncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five words

Device: sony reader, kindle2
if the k2 only came in blue or was fish shaped
UncleDuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 08:48 PM   #50
Donnageddon
Now you lishen here...
Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650. Kobo Touch, Kindle Fire
See!!! Already two votes for the option I tenaciously fought for!

Donn

P.S. DGma, your poll smells much better now.
Donnageddon is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-24-2009, 08:49 PM   #51
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donnageddon View Post
See!!! Already two votes for the option I tenaciously fought for!

Donn

P.S. DGma, your poll smells much better now.
Hmph. dang young whippersnapper!
Old 02-24-2009, 10:46 PM   #52
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....

Oh, dear Lord. Thank you, Pshrynk.

I think........
Old 02-25-2009, 03:31 AM   #53
Starhawk
Enthusiast
Starhawk began at the beginning.

Device: Amazon Kindle 2; Amazon 1 (returned in ancticipation of 2)
I returned the Kindle 1 in December, expecting the announcement/arrival of the Kindle 2 in Q1 2009, based on the rumors...

...so when the Kindle 2 comes, it'll be my second dedicated ebook reader, but none of the poll options quite fit for me...

:-)

My K2 should arrive today!!!
Starhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009, 06:46 AM   #54
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 4 Color; Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkb View Post
Actually, I'm giving Kindle 1 to my husband, and getting Kindle 2 for myself. I had ordered him a Kindle in November for Christmas, but since it was back ordered, the Kindle 2 was substituted. Since my husband is a real sweetie and he could see how envious I was that he was getting the Kindle 2, he told me that his Valentine's day present would be that I could have the Kindle 2 and he would take my Kindle 1.
Now, that's how it should be done (actually, that's how I got my new Loox, gave the old one to the husband so I had to buy a new one for myself!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RWood View Post
At DesertGrandma's request I have added a new option to the poll: "I have a K1 and would love a K2 but its financially frivolous/impossible"

Enjoy
I find this poll not fair to the people who would love to belong to the Kindle users, but can't because they're born on the other side of the big pond! (actually, either ponds...)
Sweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009, 07:10 AM   #55
ravenne
Wizard
ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, PocketBook 360°, Cybook Gen3, iPad mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetpea View Post
Now, that's how it should be done (actually, that's how I got my new Loox, gave the old one to the husband so I had to buy a new one for myself!)

I find this poll not fair to the people who would love to belong to the Kindle users, but can't because they're born on the other side of the big pond! (actually, either ponds...)
You´re sooooo right, Sweetpea. You hear this, DG?! It´s not fair! And Grandmas have to be fair. Maybe we "across-the-ponders" should start an anti-kindle campaign
ravenne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009, 08:42 AM   #56
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravenne View Post
You´re sooooo right, Sweetpea. You hear this, DG?! It´s not fair! And Grandmas have to be fair. Maybe we "across-the-ponders" should start an anti-kindle campaign
Hey, you're preaching to the choir here. I've TOLD Amazon to expand their coverage, but would they listen to an old lady? Noooooo!

Now, pull up your big girl panties and go back to work!
Old 02-25-2009, 09:34 AM   #57
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertgrandma View Post
Hey, you're preaching to the choir here. I've TOLD Amazon to expand their cleavage, but would they listen to an old lady? Noooooo!

Now, pull up your big girl panties and go back to work!
...just a little correction...
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009, 09:34 AM   #58
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffC View Post
...just a little correction...
Sorry about that.
Old 02-25-2009, 09:37 AM   #59
vivaldirules
When's Doughnut Day?
vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post
PORTUGAL !!!

()
Exactly!
vivaldirules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009, 09:39 AM   #60
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivaldirules View Post
Exactly!

THE DOGGIES OVER HERE, THE DOGGIES OVER HERE......GET THE HOSE~~~~