Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 04-09-2009, 12:17 PM   #1
igorsk
Wizard
igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-500/505/700, Kindle, Cybook Gen3, Words Gear
PocketBook 360° final design

The new design of PocketBook's 5" model has been approved and is being put into production at Netronix.
http://www.the-ebook.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=10740
igorsk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 12:21 PM   #2
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
that looks really nice ! excellent ergonomy. it looks like it has a hard case to protect the screen, that's a good idea to protect it when carrying it around. is there any way to attach it (like by clipping it to the back maybe) when you are reading, so there's on danger of losing it ?
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-09-2009, 12:21 PM   #3
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Interesting... it looks quite a bit like the ebookwise.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 12:30 PM   #4
Wetdogeared
Storm Surge'n
Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: S0ny PRS-300/350/505/700/T1
Very interesting.

WDE.

Last edited by Wetdogeared; 04-09-2009 at 12:50 PM.
Wetdogeared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 12:37 PM   #5
zelda_pinwheel
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotbob View Post

BOb
which is a good thing.
Advert
Old 04-09-2009, 12:38 PM   #6
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post
which is a good thing.
Yes... I wasn't being judgmental, just stating my observation.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 12:38 PM   #7
zelda_pinwheel

Quote:
Yes... I wasn't being judgmental, just stating my observation.

BOb
i know, i was just expressing my enthusiasm. i thought the same thing.
Old 04-09-2009, 12:39 PM   #8
mjh215
Guru
mjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Device: None of your business
I like it, definitely like the ebookwise-esque buttons...

-MJ
mjh215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 12:53 PM   #9
pking36330
FT Parent PT Reader
pking36330 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.pking36330 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.pking36330 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.pking36330 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.pking36330 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.pking36330 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.pking36330 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.pking36330 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.pking36330 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.pking36330 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.pking36330 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Shocked by how much I've read on an iPod Touch received as a gift!
Love the hard shell cover. I wonder if it slips off and then can be nested on the back side while reading or if its just another loose, unattached component (that time has proven I WILL lose).

It needs a serrated surface on the back where your fingers will go to prevent having to squeeze that slick plastic to avoid losing your grip.

Wish B&N would implement something like this as their eReader, I'd buy it.
pking36330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 03:22 PM   #10
igorsk
Wizard
igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-500/505/700, Kindle, Cybook Gen3, Words Gear
Some more details from the thread:
- The cover can be latched to the body from the front or from the back
- lanyard can be attached at two places
- picture on the screen is Netronix designer concept; it is NOT how PocketBook's software will look like
- screen can be flipped 180° for left-handed operation
- joystick works "like the one on НТС Touch 3G"
- initial shipment is expected in June
igorsk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 05:30 PM   #11
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by igorsk View Post
joystick works "like the one on НТС Touch 3G"
Is this the middle control on the front face? On the HTC Touch 3G, this is square and HTC describes it as "4-Way navigation control with Enter button" (i.e. a D-pad). I certainly did not recognize it as such from the images of the 360° (or of the HTC for that matter).
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 04:33 AM   #12
snipenekkid
Banned
snipenekkid can understand the language of future parallel dimensionssnipenekkid can understand the language of future parallel dimensionssnipenekkid can understand the language of future parallel dimensionssnipenekkid can understand the language of future parallel dimensionssnipenekkid can understand the language of future parallel dimensionssnipenekkid can understand the language of future parallel dimensionssnipenekkid can understand the language of future parallel dimensionssnipenekkid can understand the language of future parallel dimensionssnipenekkid can understand the language of future parallel dimensionssnipenekkid can understand the language of future parallel dimensionssnipenekkid can understand the language of future parallel dimensions

Quote:

BOb
absolutely and to my eye that is a good thing....yes? One thing I find really distracting is the silk screened name on the bezel. I really have a sense the mere fact of it being upside down (based on the way I would hold the thing) might be a big distraction for me. You know like a train wreck, you don't want to look but something will not stop you from looking?

I have to say I like the prototype we saw earlier far better. The round buttons and such were just very nicely done. OTH, this device seems to offer a nicer way to hold the device.

And if the pictures are any indication...did they do something with the display? It sure looks as if it has a much brighter background and therefore more contrast between the text and the background.

That is a device I would buy as a reader, even though I prefer to buy into the newer flexible display tenchnology, especially in a small device as I would likely carry it around far more than a 9.7" device. Still a part of me would like to have nice big characters to read with ease on that big display.

Last edited by snipenekkid; 04-10-2009 at 04:35 AM.
snipenekkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 02:13 PM   #13
mjh215
Guru
mjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Device: None of your business
Quote:
Originally Posted by snipenekkid View Post
absolutely and to my eye that is a good thing....yes? One thing I find really distracting is the silk screened name on the bezel. I really have a sense the mere fact of it being upside down (based on the way I would hold the thing) might be a big distraction for me. You know like a train wreck, you don't want to look but something will not stop you from looking?
I don't think that will be a problem. I obviously can't speak for you, but I read a bit with the Ebookwise and that has a "Ebookwise" label on the bezel. And if you switch hands, in this case to the right hand (flipped the screen) that would now be upside down as well. Maybe a soft cover which covers up that area would be good for you? I know where you are coming from but I think it is one of those things that will disppear after the first day of using it...

-MJ
mjh215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 03:58 PM   #14
pking36330
FT Parent PT Reader
pking36330 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.pking36330 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.pking36330 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.pking36330 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.pking36330 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.pking36330 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.pking36330 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.pking36330 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.pking36330 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.pking36330 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.pking36330 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Shocked by how much I've read on an iPod Touch received as a gift!
Quote:
One thing I find really distracting is the silk screened name on the bezel.
Perfect excuse to get a DecalGirl skin with your purchase. The dark matte colors would complement the semi-metallic look.
pking36330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 09:09 PM   #15
CleverClothe
Guru
CleverClothe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CleverClothe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CleverClothe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CleverClothe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CleverClothe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CleverClothe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CleverClothe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CleverClothe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CleverClothe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CleverClothe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CleverClothe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iRex iLiad, Onyx Boox 60
Quote:
And if the pictures are any indication...did they do something with the display? It sure looks as if it has a much brighter background and therefore more contrast between the text and the background.
It is a computer render, so no.
CleverClothe is offline   Reply With Quote