Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 09-02-2011, 06:56 AM   #1
amoult
amoult began at the beginning.

Device: none
Availability and pricing in Europe

According to http://www.the-digital-reader.com Kobo Touch will be available in the first of October and price will be 149€.

So in Germany price will be:
149€ = 212 USD.
I believe VAT is 19% in germany so price without the tax would be around:
121€= 172 USD

USA price:
90€ = 129 USD

Does anyone know if Kobo Germany is going to ship the device to another European countries?
..In any case it still might be cheaper for me to import this from US to Finland and pay taxes+custom fees..

edit 9.9.2011
“The retail partnership with redcoon starts in Germany, but is going beyond this market”, Schröer explains. “As Kobo expands to additional European countries later this year, redcoon will offer our products there as well.” Additional leading retail partners will be announced shortly."

Let's see where and when..

Last edited by amoult; 09-09-2011 at 01:21 AM. Reason: Adding more info
amoult is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 09:22 AM   #2
Geco
Zealot
Geco doesn't litterGeco doesn't litter

Device: Touch, Aura
I've bought 2, from Swindon Books (Hong Kong) with 280HKD (about 25€) for shipping. Total of 139€ each.
Geco is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-02-2011, 09:31 AM   #3
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
One possible caveat with buying outside of region... support costs! If you need a unit replaced, look at the shipping costs..
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 10:02 AM   #4
Geco
Zealot
Geco doesn't litterGeco doesn't litter

Device: Touch, Aura
Indeed you're right... that's my fear... but I also am a book-vampire: can't stay without reading books, but real books are a bit too expensive here in Italy and since I am able to read "the lord of the rings" in 5-6 days, you can imagine the amount of books I need... I' downloading right now the full 8GB ISO of Project Gutenberg... Reading in progress!
Geco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 11:00 AM   #5
amoult
amoult began at the beginning.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterT View Post
One possible caveat with buying outside of region... support costs! If you need a unit replaced, look at the shipping costs..
True, but unless you happen to live in Germany it pretty much same shipping cost between different countries in Europe or from European country to the US.
amoult is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-02-2011, 11:25 AM   #6
taming
Trying for calm & polite
taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo original, WiFI, Touch, Glo, and Aura
Kobo has always left pricing up to the retailer. I assume that this is a big deal to their retail partners and a big reason why they do not sell readers themselves. In Canada, they have usually been sold for the same amount everywhere, but I know that at Christmas, Walmart has discounted them when other retailers have not. I'm betting that in Germany and elsewhere, retailers will sell them at whatever their particular market will tolerate.
taming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 05:59 PM   #7
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
http://blog.kobobooks.com/kobo-strik...tarting-oct-1/
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote