Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 03-04-2014, 10:09 AM   #1
jreed3000
jreed3000 began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-T1
Epub and public library

Sony support told me, via chat, that the switch over to the kobo store is why I am no longer able to get epub books from my local libraries because of certificate errors. Anybody know anything about that?

Thanks,

Joe
jreed3000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 12:55 PM   #2
luvduchovny
Zealot
luvduchovny knows how to choose the perfect melonluvduchovny knows how to choose the perfect melonluvduchovny knows how to choose the perfect melonluvduchovny knows how to choose the perfect melonluvduchovny knows how to choose the perfect melonluvduchovny knows how to choose the perfect melonluvduchovny knows how to choose the perfect melonluvduchovny knows how to choose the perfect melonluvduchovny knows how to choose the perfect melonluvduchovny knows how to choose the perfect melonluvduchovny knows how to choose the perfect melon

Device: Sony Reader PRS-500, PRS-600, PRS-650, PRS-T1, PRS-T3
That sounds squirrely to me... especially since we haven't switched over to Kobo until March 20th. You might need to contact support at Overdrive to verify what Sony was telling you.
luvduchovny is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-04-2014, 06:48 PM   #3
4691mls
Wizard
4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ALL DEVICES ARE STOCK: Kobo Clara, Tolino Shine 2, Sony PRS-T3, T1
I usually do my library browsing on my PC and then transfer the books, but out of curiosity I just tried accessing the NC digital library on my PRS-T1. When I went to log in, I got a security certificate error. I clicked "continue" and was able to log in and view my bookshelf, holds, etc.

A quick googling of overdrive security certificate error turned up this link (this is not my library, just something I found via google)
http://library2go.lib.overdrive.com/...FAQAndroid.htm

quote: I got a 'Security warning' error in Android while browsing this site. What should I do?

If you get a security warning while browsing our website on an Android device, click 'Continue' to add the security certificate to your browser’s list of accepted sites.

Sometimes the Android Browser doesn’t have access to the most up-to-date security certificates, and thinks our website is a potentially dangerous page. We regularly update these certificates to ensure maximum security for you.

Please note, if you see this same warning appear for a website you are unfamiliar with or do not trust, you should tap 'Cancel' to avoid the site.
4691mls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 01:42 PM   #4
teija
Gadget fiend
teija ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teija ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teija ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teija ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teija ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teija ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teija ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teija ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teija ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teija ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teija ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD, Aura HD, Kindle Paperwhite 2021, Sony PRS-350
So...does this mean after March 20th we won't be able to access the library sites directly via our Sony readers?? I only just got mine a couple of weeks ago and downloaded my first library book on the weekend (and even getting to THAT point took far longer than I would have liked). Signing them out via the computer won't work, as mine doesn't recognize the T1 in Adobe.
teija is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 08:46 PM   #5
4691mls
Wizard
4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ALL DEVICES ARE STOCK: Kobo Clara, Tolino Shine 2, Sony PRS-T3, T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by teija View Post
So...does this mean after March 20th we won't be able to access the library sites directly via our Sony readers?? I only just got mine a couple of weeks ago and downloaded my first library book on the weekend (and even getting to THAT point took far longer than I would have liked). Signing them out via the computer won't work, as mine doesn't recognize the T1 in Adobe.
Have you seen the FAQ's?
https://us.en.kb.sony.com/app/answer...#_Toc379288314

Quote:
Can I continue to check out eBooks from my local library on my Reader from Sony? (Top)
Yes, you can continue to check out eBooks from your local library

Do you have the Sony software installed on your computer? That's what I use to transfer library books from my computer to my PRS-T1.
4691mls is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-06-2014, 12:22 PM   #6
teija
Gadget fiend
teija ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teija ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teija ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teija ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teija ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teija ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teija ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teija ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teija ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teija ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teija ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD, Aura HD, Kindle Paperwhite 2021, Sony PRS-350
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4691mls View Post
Do you have the Sony software installed on your computer? That's what I use to transfer library books from my computer to my PRS-T1.
Yes, thanks! The library books thing is brand new to me but just figured that out last night when ADE didn't want to work for me with my 650. Had my hubby look at it and he got it to work through the Reader software. For some reason I thought I had read that it had to be done through ADE. Definitely not a "straightforward" setup...
teija is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2014, 10:27 PM   #7
jreed3000
jreed3000 began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-T1
After I upgraded my reader I was able to once again download epub books even though I still get the certificate warning.
jreed3000 is offline   Reply With Quote