Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 05-04-2009, 05:54 AM   #31
tompe
Grand Sorcerer
tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Nexus 5, Kindle PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by nohmi2 View Post

I have been on the site for Stieg Larsson, and notice that there are a few books by Asa Larsson, who also seems to write Mystery/Crime novels.

Has anyone read any of her books, and if so, can you recommend them?
I have read the first three and like them a lot. Read them in order if you are going to read them.
tompe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 05:31 PM   #32
nohmi2
Pensively observing.
nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Varied.
Thanks.

It's nice to find a new author.
nohmi2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 05:58 AM   #33
Margrete
Connoisseur
Margrete is less competitive than you.Margrete is less competitive than you.Margrete is less competitive than you.Margrete is less competitive than you.Margrete is less competitive than you.Margrete is less competitive than you.Margrete is less competitive than you.Margrete is less competitive than you.Margrete is less competitive than you.Margrete is less competitive than you.Margrete is less competitive than you.

Device: pixelar ebookreader (Hanlin V3)
I haven't read "the girl with the Dragon tatoo" (actually a nicer title than the orginal one which means men who hate women) yet, but I saw the movie a while ago and I liked it.

I got the entire trilogy nearly for free sometime last year, but gave them away to my mum so I'm going to read them the next time I go home for a visit.

I didn't know they were available in ebook-format, I wonder if that includes norwegian ebook-version.

About the fourth book which Stieg Larsson was writing on when he died, it said in a newspaper article I read that it won't be published.
Margrete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 07:10 AM   #34
yvanleterrible
Reborn Paper User
yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone8, iPad Air
Wether or not the series is published remains in the future.

Since they made a movie of the first book, I would be inclined to think that they might do as in the Jason Bourne series and find a writer that would complete the work and even add new tomes.

Imaginative writers abound.
yvanleterrible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 05:31 AM   #35
Format C:
Guru
Format C: ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Format C: ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Format C: ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Format C: ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Format C: ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Format C: ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Format C: ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Format C: ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Format C: ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Format C: ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Format C: ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iLiad + PRS-505 + Kindle 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Margrete View Post
"the girl with the Dragon tatoo" (actually a nicer title than the orginal one which means men who hate women)
I don't agree with you on it.
I think the original title focus more on men, and it's the real subject of the book.
To put the girl in it (she's the strongest character in the book) may lead to a lost of focus.

Format C: is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 05:32 AM   #36
Format C:
Guru
Format C: ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Format C: ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Format C: ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Format C: ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Format C: ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Format C: ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Format C: ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Format C: ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Format C: ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Format C: ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Format C: ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iLiad + PRS-505 + Kindle 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by yvanleterrible View Post
Since they made a movie of the first book, I would be inclined to think that they might do as in the Jason Bourne series and find a writer that would complete the work and even add new tomes
Honestly, I hope not.

Format C: is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 12:48 PM   #37
Margrete
Connoisseur
Margrete is less competitive than you.Margrete is less competitive than you.Margrete is less competitive than you.Margrete is less competitive than you.Margrete is less competitive than you.Margrete is less competitive than you.Margrete is less competitive than you.Margrete is less competitive than you.Margrete is less competitive than you.Margrete is less competitive than you.Margrete is less competitive than you.

Device: pixelar ebookreader (Hanlin V3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Format C: View Post
I don't agree with you on it.
I think the original title focus more on men, and it's the real subject of the book.
To put the girl in it (she's the strongest character in the book) may lead to a lost of focus.

true, but if I've just seen the title, personally I'd be more interested in the first one
Margrete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 12:52 PM   #38
yvanleterrible
Reborn Paper User
yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone8, iPad Air
The French title is similar to the Swedish one. "Those men who hate women."
I almost didn't start the series because of it.
yvanleterrible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 04:48 PM   #39
leandroide
Zealot
leandroide has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Papyre 6.1 (Hanlin V3)
Spanish title is similar: "Los hombres que no amaban a las mujeres" (Men who didn't love women).

Maybe in Spain not loving women is as bad as hating them in France or Norway!
leandroide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 08:51 PM   #40
montsnmags
Grand Sorcerer
montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
I would never have picked up a book called The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo if it wasn't for the recommendations of many here. I think I like the original title better.

Cheers,
Marc
montsnmags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2009, 02:27 AM   #41
nohmi2
Pensively observing.
nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tompe View Post
I have read the first three and like them a lot. Read them in order if you are going to read them.
Would you haoppen to remember the sequence of them?

There are five in ebooks and I want to buy two.

Cheers
Old 05-10-2009, 06:49 AM   #42
tompe
Grand Sorcerer
tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Nexus 5, Kindle PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by nohmi2 View Post
Would you haoppen to remember the sequence of them?

There are five in ebooks and I want to buy two.

Cheers
If I just translate the titles the sequence is Sunstorm (2003), The blood spilt (2004) and Dark Path (2006).
tompe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2009, 07:01 AM   #43
nohmi2
Pensively observing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tompe View Post
If I just translate the titles the sequence is Sunstorm (2003), The blood spilt (2004) and Dark Path (2006).

Many, many thanks. It's kind of you to have gone to the trouble.

Cheers.
P.S. Have decided to get all three as I have just finished "The Girl Who Play with Fire" and was having withdrawal symptoms.